joebangaa

Image Dynamics

I've been in the market for some new boom for a long time now. For the last couple years I had two ten inch L5's doing the duty for me. I'm about to purchase three id 10v3's but it doesn't seem like many people on any boards these days are running ID. I do stupid things with my money, and I want to make sure these are worth the 120/ea or whatever I'm gonna pay. I was going to go with two RL-P 12's but that'll cost an extra hundred dollars....anyone think it's worth the wait/saving? I know both setups should get louder and deeper AND sound better than what I've got...but does anyone think the RL-P's aren't worth the extra money? In theory the 3 id10v3's and two rl-p's should be quite comparable. I'm trying my best not to turn this into a vs thread....but now it sounds almost inevitable lol. Either way My box will be ROUGHLY 3.5ft^3 net, plenty for both setups. CHIME IN PLEASE!

I have been told by MANy reputable people that the ID V3s are actually a step up from the IDQV2s. That being said, you know they will perform. I have heard they can get quite loud as well. SD runs specials on them all the time, so personally, I feel it would be a bargain.

I feel the RL-ps will get louder, but I like the ID's for sure, for the price (just like Ryan said) are a great bargin for their performance, I have not heard head to head but the RL-p should have the Edge in SQ, but not by a great deal,

honestly either set up is going to great, the ID's will be tight and accurate, and the RL-ps should hit the lower freq's a little stronger with smooth SQ,

the direct comparo IDv3 vs RL-p is no match, the RL-p is much closer to IDMAX in performance IMO,

both are going to be nice, but power requirements will be different

found this pic for you

DSC02486.JPG

Alright, I can see where this is going...

I know the two require slightly different power, but I'm sure my RAA1000 can step up to the plate for either duty. I figured the RL-P's would have the slight edge...argh! You guys are gonna make me waste more money :D

(and make Mike a richer man)

hey I said you win either way, the ID';s would be a great start, and a fun install for sure,

just the RL-ps will be a step up IMO

what about spl dr denim?

neither are designed to be SPL drivers, so that is a harder question to answer :o

ok well i really have to throw this out there too since less people will interrupt in here... spkrman and tommyk90 from CA.com have been ranting and raving about their 05 type r's...what do you guys think. i'm 99.999% sure i wont buy them, but what do you guys think. any truth to their claims?

well, unless they are gettting some kick back, why would they lie? type r's are good subs, always have been...are the 05's as good as they are yelling? dunno, don't have any experience with them, but i wouldn't doubt the fact that they are indeed worth a look.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

well the type r's have an attractive price...

argh the decisions...

if the rl-p's will get louder and lower than the id's daily i guess we have a winner, but i'm poor....

argh the decisions...

if the rl-p's will get louder and lower than the id's daily i guess we have a winner, but i'm poor....

is that your final decision?

look very nice, were MAG's in there before?

argh the decisions...

yep, two rl-p's for me. planning on having everything done before school starts (in a month)

Good choice. The ID's are nice but I can almost bet they would leave you desireing more.

Are you going to go ported or sealed?

argh the decisions...

yep, two rl-p's for me. planning on having everything done before school starts (in a month)

:woot::woot:

Good choice. The ID's are nice but I can almost bet they would leave you desireing more.

Are you going to go ported or sealed?

PORTED!!!! already anticipating doing a 3.0net ~ 34hz enclosure. more than likely i'll build it with supa_c. anyone else think i should go bigger or tune lower?

if ur doing two 12's....i can't remember....i'd try for about 3.5-3.75 net for both drivers....i like the tuning choice, nice blend of output and sq.

i'd aim for about 20-30in^2 of port per driver as well...

i had my rl-p in ~2ft^3 tuned to 34hz with 32in^2 of port...it was a machine in there! loud, low and crisp...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i actually already have a design laid out. it's only going to yield me 1.5 ft^3 each (1.499 to be exact but close enough right?), tuned to 34hz...49.5 ft^2 port :P

let us know how that turns out!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: