poundindak69

98 neon build!!!

Looks gOod Brother. Super clean jellybean,haha.popcorn.gif

haha thanks :P

Me likey...

Me keep watching... :popcorn:

hopefully me gett louder :P

love the front sticker. Nice windshield flexn going on. Hope you don't get "GEO'd" out though.

**Disclaimer**

We (SSA) are not responsible for anyone windshield suddenly bursting or breaking.

**END Disclaimer**

thanks and it alright if i do. my insurance covers that :peepwall:.

did some testing today and it seems i lost over 1db with the bracing i added. ehre are some pics the 137 is doors open the 136 is doors closed and the 150 is in the port. i think i need to rebuild already :(

IMG_0114-1.jpg

IMG_0113-1.jpg

IMG_0112-1.jpg

I think you are right about the rebuild. The design was great but that is all a part of the trial an error. You should be able to get mid to high 140's with those 4 - 10"s pretty easily. I used to run a 95 neon back in the day. I actually still have the HO alt for it somewhere. I had it rebuilt and boxed it up.....It is definitely looking good though. Stay motivated.

I think you are right about the rebuild. The design was great but that is all a part of the trial an error. You should be able to get mid to high 140's with those 4 - 10"s pretty easily. I used to run a 95 neon back in the day. I actually still have the HO alt for it somewhere. I had it rebuilt and boxed it up.....It is definitely looking good though. Stay motivated.

yeah im going to try and pull it out today and seal up the ports and throw a 6" port for each side in and see if that helps any. and i know i was doing these kinds of numebrs with my single 12 with the trunk unsealed. and also you would want to sell that HO alt would you if you could find it :) would you?? im no wheres near my goal yet so im still going to keep trying.

Sure I'd let it go. It is a 160 or 180 amp from Ohio Generators. I remember when I installed it I had to use a different main bolt and some washers to get it lined up just right. It was a beast compared to the stock.....lol...I try to find some pics of my setup I had in the neon as well. Good luck with the new ports.

Sure I'd let it go. It is a 160 or 180 amp from Ohio Generators. I remember when I installed it I had to use a different main bolt and some washers to get it lined up just right. It was a beast compared to the stock.....lol...I try to find some pics of my setup I had in the neon as well. Good luck with the new ports.

alright swweet. shoot me a pm with the price youd like for it, and i just got done taking the box out and i did some calculating and i figured out i did something wrong as the box was tuned to 42 hz not 30hz :(. but now im going to do 4" pvc ports 2 for each side at 33hz :). should get louder :P.

Nice catch. That could be an issue :ehh:

You may have some port noise if you are not careful. (That might not even matter to you though.) You can also sand out the edges of the PCV pipe to help reduce some noise as well. Let me find it first then I will PM the rest of the info and some pics. Keep those numbers rolling.

You may have some port noise if you are not careful. (That might not even matter to you though.) You can also sand out the edges of the PCV pipe to help reduce some noise as well. Let me find it first then I will PM the rest of the info and some pics. Keep those numbers rolling.

yeah i figured id have some port noise at most but im really just testing to find the sweet spot. and alright man thanks.

did some work today :P.

IMG_0119-1.jpg

IMG_0118-1.jpg

then tore it apart.

IMG_0123-1.jpg

IMG_0122-1.jpg

IMG_0121-1.jpg

IMG_0120-1.jpg

then did this!!!

IMG_0124-1.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

sealed on the dash

IMG_0127.jpg

then doors open

IMG_0129.jpg

then turned the gain up a little.

IMG_0130-1.jpg

Try doing a slow sweep at half volume sealed on the dash with the doors closed to see if you have a higher resonant frequency......

Try doing a slow sweep at half volume sealed on the dash with the doors closed to see if you have a higher resonant frequency......

ill have to get some tones to do that, this is all on music at the moment because i cant seem to locate any good test tones.

That seems realllllllllllllly low for what you have. I have one 15" L7 in a ext cab f150 doing 139.5 driver door open, and this is off a POS sony 1200 2 channel...

That's why it is trial and error with the box. Once he gets the tuning down those nubers will rise. Just wait it will happen.

That's why it is trial and error with the box. Once he gets the tuning down those nubers will rise. Just wait it will happen.

and gotta stop alot of box flex which will get done tonight or tomorrow :). and still need to seal it of temp. to see if that help at all. and lay down sound deadener on the bakc doors. theres still tons to do and no time to do it.

Edited by lil98cabrio

I'd rather have no time than no money haha. But set up looks awesome in the car just need to tune it and get some nice numbers! Props on the car.

It looks like your choking those ports horribly :(

x2, how much room is between the port and the back wall.

x2, how much room is between the port and the back wall.

yes it does, but its just how the pic was taken they have room to breath before the back of the box.

That was what I was thinking, maybe it was just how the picture was taken. Well good luck in reaching your goals, im watching this one :drink40: . What are you planning on doing to it next?

That was what I was thinking, maybe it was just how the picture was taken. Well good luck in reaching your goals, im watching this one :drink40: . What are you planning on doing to it next?

yeah pretty sure its the pic it should be 3" plus away. next im going put some 5/8" threaded rod in to stop the baffles from flexing and might lay some sound deadener on the rear doors to help them.

Sounds like a plan, keep up the hard work.