poundindak69

98 neon build!!!

Sounds like a plan, keep up the hard work.

will do and il keep the pics and updates coming.

Edited by lil98cabrio

looking good man. i wanna see some good numbers :popcorn:

looking good man. i wanna see some good numbers :popcorn:

me too, im quite disappointed at the moment with the numbers i am getting :(. but it takes time to get it perfect.

what should i do today

1. cut threaded rod and try to put in box while still in car.

2. lay some sound deadener down on the rear doors.

3.mess with the ports and pull out about a inch so there 4inches from back of box.

4 try to do them all.

5. go look at new winter truck.

6. build box for the brother volkswagen

7. give me idea what to do next.

Edited by lil98cabrio

I personally would redesign the box differently. I would be glad to help just give me the external max dimensions. I would say lay some deadner today.

I vote 4!! GL man!! Seems like a nice build, just need to get it perfected. Why not but some bracing on the backside on the baffles? Might help with the flex. But either way man GL with it all!!

I personally would redesign the box differently. I would be glad to help just give me the external max dimensions. I would say lay some deadner today.

yeah, i would like that. i have one idea but idea if id get better results from it. ill post a pic of the design.

I vote 4!! GL man!! Seems like a nice build, just need to get it perfected. Why not but some bracing on the backside on the baffles? Might help with the flex. But either way man GL with it all!!

hhaha i might try it if i get my buddy to come help. and im very limited with taking up space in the box thats why i went for addin threaded rod.

Here are some pics of one of my first builds from the late 90's.... I was able to hit 148.6 off of 1000 rms from the Phoenix Gold M100's......

neonbuild.jpg

neonbuild2.jpg

neonbuild3.jpg

Damn that amp looks OLD!

those amps were made in 1992. Dinosaurs of the audio world...There were 3 M100's and an M25. 2 M100's for the subs and one for the door speakers, and the M25 for the rear fill.....

heres one i came up with, would be 6 cubes ported at 32hz with 4 pvc pipes. and with subs and ports in i have .9 of a cube to add as much bracing as i need.

Untitled-4.png

alright been sittin here thinking, do you guys think i could break a 145db with only using two of these and under 1000 watts?? and not burping. :P.

Edited by lil98cabrio

Sorry for the thread jack but I have to chime in about those beautiful Phoenix Gold amps! I'm old enough to remember those and always wanted them but started a family :shrug:

Sorry for the thread jack but I have to chime in about those beautiful Phoenix Gold amps! I'm old enough to remember those and always wanted them but started a family :shrug:

hahah thats alright man. and they are beautiful

You can easily break a 140 with two of them, you might need more than 1K but you will be close, it's all in the enclosure. Port area is your friend ;)

You can easily break a 140 with two of them, you might need more than 1K but you will be close, it's all in the enclosure. Port area is your friend ;)

alright, well thats my goal at the moment is a 145 with 2 10's but trying to stay under 1000 watts. :).

the design im drawing up at the moment has 18sq ins of port per cube. should that be good??

Edited by lil98cabrio

That's going to be difficult with a daily driver ie. no modifications on the car itself.

That's going to be difficult with a daily driver ie. no modifications on the car itself.

that why i set it as my goal, i dont want something easy to achieve. adn what kind of modifications are you talking?

and only doing two give me room to change tings more easily.

Edited by lil98cabrio

Build looks great man! Keep up the hard work!

trink40.gif