abmoore

Fi IB3

I am planning a new home theatre to replace my mirage system for my new house. The room is 15x19 with 9' ceilings, and there are large openings into the dining room and it is open to the front door entrance and hallway. This will be used for about 75% HT/TV and 25% music. I am going to switch to a pioneer elite vsx-23txh with 3 elemental designs A6-6T6-MTMs as my FL, FR, and C channels, and probably some A3-5Ts for the RL and RR. I will be needing a sub as well and would like to make one to save some cash. I was thinking about doing an IB3 15 or 18 on an ED LT/1300. Just wondering what type of box to do, have seen them in really big sealed and ported enclosures as well as sonotubes. Anybody used these in their home?

I am planning a new home theatre to replace my mirage system for my new house. The room is 15x19 with 9' ceilings, and there are large openings into the dining room and it is open to the front door entrance and hallway. This will be used for about 75% HT/TV and 25% music. I am going to switch to a pioneer elite vsx-23txh with 3 elemental designs A6-6T6-MTMs as my FL, FR, and C channels, and probably some A3-5Ts for the RL and RR. I will be needing a sub as well and would like to make one to save some cash. I was thinking about doing an IB3 15 or 18 on an ED LT/1300. Just wondering what type of box to do, have seen them in really big sealed and ported enclosures as well as sonotubes. Anybody used these in their home?

elemental can go suck it!!!

Thanks, that was a very helpful first post, I honestly can't thank you enough for your most likely biased, invalidated, advice.... well comment rather. If you have a problem with a brand I use, make a thread. I personally have been treated very well by the company and never had a problem with the many products I have used.

Honestly i would go sealed because you would have a flat response everywhere but i haven't seen how they perform ported but for home audio you have to tune low. Maybe you can go to the Home Audio forum see if they can help......

Honestly i would go sealed because you would have a flat response everywhere but i haven't seen how they perform ported but for home audio you have to tune low. Maybe you can go to the Home Audio forum see if they can help......

THE Home audio forum

I think I might join over there then so I can ask some of those HT nuts. We tear cars apart, they do houses lol. Which is the good one again? homeaudioforum or the avs one?

THE Home audio forum

Ok, gotcha. Posted while you were posting. Thanks.

Size limited, and a few people have used them in large, very low tuned enclosures. I do have a basement, but I like my floor ::): I have no experience with IB HT subs, reason for the question. Do you suggest another sub for my goal then? Also, I didn't want to spend over 250 on the driver itself.

Home Audio Forum

Check this place out, I know somebody there would be able to help you.

ED isn't a good company though... Don't rant and rave about him not helping you. He tried :)

ED isn't a good company though... Don't rant and rave about him not helping you. He tried :)

All this is going to be a an arguement of people who were involved with ED years ago and disagree with their business practices, which, yes, WERE questionable if not wrong. How is it any better for him to say they suck? He most likely never has owned an ED product... Some of you obviously have validated opinions and I don't mind those when I have a question about it, but in Fi technical in an IB3 HT set up question?... It just gets old, they give me good prices and never had a problem with the products, that's all I ever say, not like I am saying they are great.

Well said.