Tirefryr

Do you have scuff marks on plastic trim?

Many will laugh at me, but I have had some success over the past week removing the scuff marks on my door sills and kick panels. It's quite intensive, but it works so well. Here goes.

Well, I started out wiping the pieces down with Turpentine. It's smell and fumes are horrendous, so use caution. Definately REMOVE THE PIECES FROM YOUR VEHICLE!

Next take some tire cleaner, I use Wesley's Bleach White, and spray and scrub them down. Make sure all the turpentine residue is gone.

Next, take your spray on interior detailer, I use Turtle Wax Formula 2001, and LIBERALY spray them with it. Let the stuff sit on there for some time, but no more than a couple hours. Make sure they are in a cool dry spot, not out in the sun. After the time has passed, take a clean cloth and spray a LIGHT MIST of the detailer on the cloth and proceed to wipe the remaining residue off the panels. This will leave them with a bright shiny finish, but it will not be sticky, nor attract dust.

I have started to do this everytime I detail my interior and I've received so many compliments on it, it's amazing. Now, I don't go the entire route everytime I detail, I simply remove what panels I can, spray them down, let them soak, wipe them off, and re-install. After re-installation, I suggest wiping them again with the same cloth to remove any smudges you may have left as the oils may not be completely dry.

:fing34:

If i had some turpentine id do it but i dont so i wont.

Good to know though. My moms car is covered in scuff marks

x3

I am going to have to try this

I didn't take any pics. Sorry.