ulrisa

Ulrisa's Volvo S40 Build

Ok, rained all day so no video :(. I do have some pics though! Played around with it a little more today, so far I'm really pleased with the Xcon's. I listened to a bunch of slowed rap songs and they sounded great! It's crazy because I feel like its louder than some of the high SPL vehicles I've sat in even though I know it's not. Video's do no justice for these woofers.

I also listened to a song by Rage Against the Machine while I was demoing for my dad. It sounded like a concert! You get that feeling in your chest every time the bass hits. Nice and precise.

Unfortuately the dimming is back lol, but I it plays fine at idle. Voltage only drops down to about 13 on most songs. Hoping the sunroof isn't going to break but it seems inevitable.

Anyway, here are some pics. Hopefully I can do a vid tomorrow if it stops raining.

gallery_10073_422_221290.jpg

This is the unloaded enclosure that Dave the box guy built me.

gallery_10073_422_42819.jpg

My signature yellow port lol. This one is neon and it will actually fluoresce with a black light.

gallery_10073_422_140809.jpg

Some nice bracing. Good thing I didn't make this lol.

gallery_10073_422_162242.jpg

Shot of the port from the inside

gallery_10073_422_45260.jpg

gallery_10073_422_45680.jpg

The Xcon's installed. I still need to brace the rear deck and finish the sealing. That means it will be even louder with less cancellation! Also it will get rid of that annoying metal flapping sound lol.

Wish I could have gotten some shots of the amp, but it's still raining... I'll be sure to post a video and some more pics. I'll document some of my sealing progress as well, now that I think about it I don't think there is enough of that online for us trunkers.

great looking box! That guy does great work. Glad you are happy with them, they are an awesome driver for sure.

Can't wait for the video's.

Awesome enclosure!!!! Love the port, it just seems to have a great flow. Bring on the vids!!!! :popcorn:

Awesome enclosure!!!! Love the port, it just seems to have a great flow. Bring on the vids!!!! :popcorn:

Thanks! Yeah it really came out nice, it was worth driving 6 hours lol. It's really solid too, no flexing at all or anything. I'll have to get pic of the terminals tomorrow, they are really nice. The port is definitely my favorite part, it looks even better in real life.

Hopefully it won't rain all day again tomorrow!

I love how the box looks, I would cover it with some plastic or something so if you ever decide to take it out the box wont be ruined but I like the look of the Xcons (every build I see with them makes me want them more). What are the specs on the box (size and tuning frequency)?

I love how the box looks, I would cover it with some plastic or something so if you ever decide to take it out the box wont be ruined but I like the look of the Xcons (every build I see with them makes me want them more). What are the specs on the box (size and tuning frequency)?

4 cubic feet net tuned to 32 hz. I kind of wished I had covered it in plastic, it was really painful to spray greatstuff on my new box (and car). But I figured this is probably the way it's going to be for quite a while and eventually this is going to be an all out competition car.

Ok so I had a chance to make a quick video today. No editing or anything, I'm busy at the moment. Hopefully I can get another one done tomorrow or something.

On an interesting note, the Xcon's made a screw fall out of the dash today haha. I was just driving along and felt something hit my leg. When I checked, it was one of the screws that holds the dash up.

gallery_10073_422_13704.jpg

Here is the video

Hope you enjoy!

Nice vid!! Guess you might be going around the car tightening up screws for a while?

Nice vid!! Guess you might be going around the car tightening up screws for a while?

Thanks! It would seem to look that way lol. At least the rear view mirror in this car is sturdy and even with all the bass it stays right in place.

Very nice build! I choice in products is top notch!

Keep up the great work!

Nice lookin' box!!!

I recommend wood blocks between the box and rear deck. Pull the cover off the rear deck and screw through the deck, blocks and into the box. The rear deck will instantly be solid.

As far as the screws, you should put loctite on everyone as you reinstall them.

Why no beauty panels to hide the foam?

Keep up the good work and pictures!!!:fing34:

Nice lookin' box!!!

I recommend wood blocks between the box and rear deck. Pull the cover off the rear deck and screw through the deck, blocks and into the box. The rear deck will instantly be solid.

As far as the screws, you should put loctite on everyone as you reinstall them.

Why no beauty panels to hide the foam?

Keep up the good work and pictures!!!:fing34:

Thanks!

I actually had the same idea with the wood blocks, I did that earlier today. I'll keep the locktite in mind, that stuff works great.

Unfortunately no beauty panels for a while :(. I have to go back to school tomorrow and I can't really work on it until the winter. I've only had the system installed for about half a week so I'm trying to enjoy it for the little time I have left of the summer.

This system is amazing though, I might even be able to do a small hair trick. The trunk is pretty much sealed now, I can actually hear the difference. I might try to take a few pics in between packing tonight and get them up.

good lookin box. nice build man :drink40:

Poor Volvo. ;)

Congrats man on your ride page!! That's cool stuff!! :drink40:

Thanks Mark! That's awesome! Pretty sweet to see my ride on the internet haha. :dancing:

Nice build, great equipment! lets see a video of those carbons flexin'!

Thanks Mark! That's awesome! Pretty sweet to see my ride on the internet haha. :dancing:

Now you can have that link up everywhere. :)