DD9915D!!!

Does anyone know the res frq of a 01 Grand AM?

I started a wall and need to know what to tune the box to... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I started a wall and need to know what to tune the box to... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:ttiwwop:

What are your listening preferences?

Edited by SpeakerBoy

I'm assuming this is an SPL only build and you don't have a random 10" laying around...

Your resonant frequency changes, with temperature, and when you add and subtract airspace (your wall). There is NO way to tell.

Your resonant frequency changes, with temperature, and when you add and subtract airspace (your wall). There is NO way to tell.

This is true, but I have read that a good way to get an idea of your vehicle's resonant freq. at the current temperature and available airspace is to take a 10" sub in a sealed box of 1 cuft and play test tones with said setup, monitoring the SPL levels at each frequency. Apparently, the loudest frequency is the resonant frequency of the vehicle.

Is this an accurate test? Is there any accurate test?

(Assume that the word "accurate" is being used in the loosest sense, and that accuracy can be within a few Hz of the actual resonant frequency at the time).

Yes accurate, but when you wall it you change the acoustics of the vehicle completely.

Yes accurate, but when you wall it you change the acoustics of the vehicle completely.

It would be darn hard to build the wall, test with the 1 10 method, then tune the wall. Unless the OP used external/removable ports.

Who said you need to do that? Build your wall, seal the port, then test and you have your resonant frequency with the wall in place, then cut your port to the required length. :drink40:

Who said you need to do that? Build your wall, seal the port, then test and you have your resonant frequency with the wall in place, then cut your port to the required length. :drink40:

^^ What he said :fing34:

Aeros would be perfect for that.