My 15" xcon died yesterday, i was playing some music and then it died for a second came back then died again and was gone. I checked it out today the amp works fine, and the sub will hit bass when pushed and held in. I took it out of the box and when i moved it up and down there was a crunching sound along where the wires go through the spider, plus when i moved the spider the sound came for a second back. So I'm sure the wires burnt. So what do I need to do to fix this??? is there a way when I fix this to make the part more heavy duty. My last subwoofer could take twice the beating of this xcon and it never cared for the 4 years I owned it and it was powered with this same amp. Even before i knew about clipping and that the gain turned up was bad the kove sub could take the abuse. but then this xcon died when i made sure to not let it clip. I even have been adjusting things 1-2 times week and I never could hear any distortion and the sub is pointed towards me. I wish I could afford a better amp, but this sure will slow that down getting a new one.

Pwned

My xcons get beat on daily and never broke a sweat or got smelly.

Blame your install..not ssa

:suicide-santa:

Sorry bro. Not to rub it in, but I saw it coming.

Get a recone and adjust your gains correctly.

ok i deserve that, but now its to late, and I wish i had a amp that wouldn't distort so easy, because I know it can go a lot louder, i want a sundown, but no money, So how much is a recone and where do I get one?

You should've got a plain jane box instead of wasting money on eye candy.

Power is so cheap now @ days dude.. get something from crunch or audiopipe.

You should've got a plain jane box instead of wasting money on eye candy.

Power is so cheap now @ days dude.. get something from crunch or audiopipe.

yeah look into audiopipe, im running one of there amps and it does great and there pretty cheap.

crunch is the cheaper hifonics? so if i'm looking for lower distortion wouldn't I wan't a better amp? I was thinking higher ohms has lower distortion so what if I found a hifonics amp that is 1800-2000rms ar 2-4ohm?? would that work??

1225644751859.jpg

Just get something that does 1500 @ 1 ohm

You aren't gonna notice any "sq" difference between 1 and 4 ohms.

I didn't wanna say this but you should do a little more reading on car audio instead of wasting bandwidth asking a bunch of stupid questions.

You have to put some kind of effort into learning about the hobby.

I'm one of those type of people who love headroom, when i bought this amp it was 1100 at 2ohm for my old sub which was 1000rms so it had a little bit of headroom, so i will look around and you can give me your thoughts.

the amp I have now is 1600rms at 1-ohm so why did this amp never blow my kove audio sub with my gain set at max when it can blow this xcon with the gain turned up only 60% of the way.

Ya well i am willing to pay a lot of money it just takes me a long long time to save up this money.

:facepalm:

Wow!! How is it possible to kill an Xcon??? I give mine a ton of dirty ass power everyday and she hardly ever gets warm.

Anyway, if you are comparing an Xcon to a Kove Armageddon, that is not a fair comparison at all. The Armageddons voicecoil can take a bullet!

For the sake of SSA's rep I'd like to say I've broken a Concept CSP 18 (4000 RMS, the voice coil came apart) and never been able to make the Xcon sweat. hahaha

well why don't they make the voicecoils tougher, the kove is 11 years old i'm sure the technology is up for grabs when the company is out of business. also when I do a recone can i buy a better voicecoil??

You'd think that having over a hundred posts a month you would have learned more. Maybe you should focus more on reading and less on typing.

It's not the voicecoils fault. It does what it's told.

ok.. Well i did go try and find a xcon recone, and I couldn;t find anything so why hasn't anyone answered the main thing I started this topic for. where do I get a recone???????? ive googled it and came up with nothing.

PM Aaron and he can get one for you.

Why would you not speak with the manufacturer first?

I figured since this is the manufacturers forum idn. sry.

You get the recone from SSA.

PM the people who you bought the woofer from.