as the title what are your thoughts on doing this? what are the pros and cons on using this type of power cable to run from my engine bay battery to my rear distributor block. i curruntly have kicker flex power and 4 awg from battery to dist block and 4 awg continued to two amps.my amps sundown saz 1000.1 d and a cadance xenith series 125.2. in currently runnig my sundown at two ohm and i what to be prepared to run the amp at 1 ohm in the future. feed back would be great thanks

Bad idea. That cable has only a few thick strands of copper.

Weldingsupply.com is your friend.

If you are referring to the home/commerical power cable then no....it is a very bad idea. As said, they have fewer thicker strands of copper which will make them extremely difficult to bend and work with.

You mean like voltage high commercial/residential electrical A/C power cables ??

You guys beat me to the punch ... great work ...

Edited by Cablguy184

Dont use there wire in the car, the two times I heard or seen someone do it was a bad idea. Stick with car audio wire or weldingwire

take a look at knukonceptz's wire

30 amps

“Twelve-gauge wire is good for 20 amps, 10-gauge wire is good for 30 amps, 8-gauge is good for 40 amps, and 6-gauge is good for 55 amps,” and “The circuit breaker or fuse is always sized to protect the conductor [wire].”THHw wire at lowes