Sign in to follow this  
SaxMan

Need Stereo Advice

all right, the stereo i want has been out of stock for like 3 months now, and im starting to wonder if it will ever be back in stock. my questions is, i want a flip up screen stereo, what are good brands? and i want cheap ones. if i cant find a cheap one ill just wait. i found some jenson but i dont know if they are a good brand, also fahrenheit is cheap but ive never heard of them. unfortunately alpine doesnt have any, oh i need 3 preouts, front rear and sub.

You get what you pay for, you have to make a compromise either get what you want or you will have to get something of lesser quality. Depends on budget, features and whatever else will make you happy in a headunit. If you can wait and want to wait for the one you get then go ahead, I just installed a Jensen 7" touchscreen the other day. It does what it needs to but I wouldnt pay to put it in my car I would rather have an Alpine, Pioneer or Clarion headunit but that is just my .02

You get what you pay for, you have to make a compromise either get what you want or you will have to get something of lesser quality. Depends on budget, features and whatever else will make you happy in a headunit. If you can wait and want to wait for the one you get then go ahead, I just installed a Jensen 7" touchscreen the other day. It does what it needs to but I wouldnt pay to put it in my car I would rather have an Alpine, Pioneer or Clarion headunit but that is just my .02

alright, all i really want is a good ipod controller and subwoofer preouts.

If that is the case then read the reviews at places like sonicelectronix.com/onlinecarstereo.com or crutchfield.com about the different headunits and see what owners have said about the ipod controllers.

how about this Clarion. it has ipod control and looks nice.

If it is in your budget and has the features you want then get it, no one can tell you how to spend your money since you will be using it everyday and nobody else on here. Make sure it falls inline with the things you like need and want, if still unsure then go to stores in your area that sell clarion and see what how much you like the headunit in person.

If it is in your budget and has the features you want then get it, no one can tell you how to spend your money since you will be using it everyday and nobody else on here. Make sure it falls inline with the things you like need and want, if still unsure then go to stores in your area that sell clarion and see what how much you like the headunit in person.

well i read about it and its up to par. i think i will spend the money for this.

I would definitely try to check the head unit out physically in person. it really helped me choose which head unit to get for myself.

Personally i think it's worth a drive to a local shop or best buy!

Unfortunately i have no experience with that company so i can't help you out in that manner =[

Best of luck!

I would definitely try to check the head unit out physically in person. it really helped me choose which head unit to get for myself.

Personally i think it's worth a drive to a local shop or best buy!

Unfortunately i have no experience with that company so i can't help you out in that manner =[

Best of luck!

i wish my best buy actually had good head units lol. maybe fry's will have some...

Ha yeah i feel you on the best buy. but not only did they have my 9886 but they were willing to meet internet pricing! i was rather impressed.

And hey, if you think you're in love with the thing and you read alot of credible reviews, then personally i would buy it. But personally, i would probably regret it. ha. It's just like me and my BTL. i bought it solely due to youtube videos and some reviews i've seen on here. I have no idea what the thing is going to sound like and i'm afraid i won't like it! I would have felt much more comfortable checking one out first! So if you can, i would advise you to do the same!

In my opinion if you want a good head unit and you want it to perform good Then you should be willing to pay the price for it. Don't just settle for a cheap radio that will do half ass work . I like Kenwood myself, and I know they have a single den flip out screen that looks pretty nice. You can see about checking it out.

Other then the Eclipse I currently use, I wouldn't own another brand other then Clarion. In fact up till this Eclipse, Clarion HU's are all I've ever had. 6770, 7770, DRX9175, DRX9375, DRX9575z , EQH5100, and DPH9300. The 6770 was my 1st HU - sold it and bought the 9175- that was stolen so I bought the 9375 w/the insurance $$. I still have everything but those two.

Clarion hasn't made a HU w/all of the features I'm after right now, but when they do, I WILL be getting one.

Dont go cheap man im telling you you'll regret it. I had a roommate that wanted a screen so bad that he said fuck it and bought himself some off brand screen called a blackmore.

Within in 2 months he started having problems with it.

Screen would randomly go black

Deck stopped reading cd/dvd's could onlyt read memory cards

then one day his battery went dead. so he bought a new one. And the battery went dead again so he took it to the shop and they did a diagnostic test and found out that his deck was the cause of the problem cause it would still come on when the car was off. So he had bought a brand new battery for nothing.

$300 down the drain that could have went to a pioneer, alpine, clarion, or kenwood

unfortunately i cant find any reviews but from what all of you have been saying im going with clarion, lol

unfortunately i cant find any reviews but from what all of you have been saying im going with clarion, lol

Clarion FTW, I have a simple head unit from them I just ordered recently and love it. I cant wait to upgrade to one of there better models. Which model did you get?

Clarion FTW, I have a simple head unit from them I just ordered recently and love it. I cant wait to upgrade to one of there better models. Which model did you get?

welll.....i havent gotten enything yet, but i will get the VZ-400, its a flip up monitor with full ipod control which is perfect!!!!!

FWIW, I think Alpine HU's are the shit. If you have a double DIN opening in your car, I would try to get one of the double DIN players that don't slide out, thats something less that you have to worry about breaking. Check out Craigslist, I've seen some great deals on slightly used DVD players, and most people would be willing to let you hook it up and check it out before you buy.