superman814

2 rl-p 12's ported box size and tuning?

according to the site i would go 3 cu ft tuend to 34hz..but i was wondering what some people have gone with and how it turned out..it will be 90% rap music

according to the site i would go 3 cu ft tuend to 34hz..but i was wondering what some people have gone with and how it turned out..it will be 90% rap music

I listen to mostly HipHop, and I had the best luck with them in 2 cubes each tuned to 34Hz..

I would stay within recommended specs. You could tune higher like 38 hz and increase box size to 2 - 2.25ft^3 but may sacrifice power handling and a little low end extension. shrug.gif

These SS subs really don't like anything higher than 35Hz. They are SQ subs and low end monsters. I've had/ran almost every sub Mike has put out and after talking to him, a tad bigger and lower tuning has always worked best.

You don't "HAVE" to go bigger. But I will say that they are low end monsters sealed as well. 3cubes will work just fine with them if that's the space you have. It's not going to be a major difference.

As noted in the PM I just sent, you could also consider 1.85 cu ft net volume per driver tuned to 28 Hz which will help flatten out the response just a bit and give you a little deeper extension. This is pretty much in line with oxsign's suggestion noted above. :)

I personally wouldn't want a box tuned above 35 Hz on this driver either, as the response gets way too peaky. If you're shooting for a target peak SPL and a relatively narrow range, that's another story... but I don't think that's what you're going for here.