Notorious97200

2 gain remotes, and I just want to use ONE !

Hi everyone,

I know I've read something about it but I don't remember where, and I can't find it !

One of my friend is running a 15" D1 xcon sub with 2 Sundown saz 1000 d strapped at 2 Ohms. He uses the gain remote.

Now he's planning a new build with 2 subs and 4 saz 1000. 2 amps per sub.

He will have to use 2 remote, and only wants one.

What can he do , what to buy to have only one remote to control the gain on the 2 (2)amplifiers ?

Thanks for your help

Telephone cord splitter will do it.

I put the 2 wires in the splitter, and then I hook only one remote?

It seems simple !

Thanks

(the 4th saz 1000 is ordered, the 2nd xcon too)

Telephone cord splitter will do it.

I put the 2 wires in the splitter, and then I hook only one remote?

It seems simple !

Thanks

(the 4th saz 1000 is ordered, the 2nd xcon too)

Yup. Radioshack should have the splitter for fairly cheap.

I thought strapped amps can be controlled by only one single remote? Without needing the splitter, HMM, guess i misunderstood what i had read one day. And i have no idea where i saw it at either.

I thought strapped amps can be controlled by only one single remote? Without needing the splitter, HMM, guess i misunderstood what i had read one day. And i have no idea where i saw it at either.

yes they can - but he wants to control FOUR amps with one remote.

yes they can - but he wants to control FOUR amps with one remote.

Oh my bad!! Sorry Jacob, i read it wrong, i only caught the 2 for the subs. Can you shoot me an email sometime i wanted to talk with you about a few things. Or if you wanted me to call you instead email me over the number at Sales@triplerperformance.net, i have some business question for you. Thanks man.

MAXX-Link's ability to synchronize multiple mono-block car audio amplifiers into a larger output, single-channel amp array opens up a new field of car audio system creativity for the enthusiast.

2 strapped saz 1000 for one sub at 2 ohms. One remote.

2 other amps for a second sub give me a second remote.

The 2 wires (like phone cable, or rj45) will go into a splitter and then I will hook only one gain knob.

Sorry for the English, I speak French usually !!

The 2 wires (like phone cable, or rj45) will go into a splitter and then I will hook only one gain knob.

Haha, your English is fine. I know people who use English every day that are much, much worse than that :D

Yea man it was just my mistake, i read way to fast for my own brain. And all i could remember was that you had 2 1000D's, i completely understand what you are asking now. Or at least the need for the splitter. GL with the build.

Jacob I need to make up something for you on this. Since I am a certified AT&T phone tech. Then you can offer them as accessories, 2-48 amps controlled from one remote. :fing34:

would a Maxxlink work here?

Technically yes, but why in the world would he spend $100+ on a Maxxlink when he can accomplish exactly what he wants with a $1.50 part from Radio Shack ?

I have always used a Memphis Audio Remote Volume Control. (Memphis 17-RVC)

Connect thru the rca's so you can control as many amps as hooked to the rca's

Here is a pic:

memphisrvc.gif

Technically yes, but why in the world would he spend $100+ on a Maxxlink when he can accomplish exactly what he wants with a $1.50 part from Radio Shack ?

But is a line driver too. You also get pretty chrome too.$80 online all day long.

But is a line driver too. You also get pretty chrome too.$80 online all day long.

He doesn't need a line driver. Waste-O-Money no matter what it costs as long as it's more than a couple bucks, which is all he needs to solve his problem.

I will not buy any line driver or whatever maxxlink...

The splitter will cost only a few euros and it will do exactly what I want. I don't need more.

I don't need chrome, or nice looking equipment, as it will be hidden. The gain "knob" will be mounted in a safe place under the dash, but still reachable !

Thanks for all the infos.