hardballer7

2 icon 12's vs. 1 xcon 15

I'm looking for the most output in the trunk of a Nissan Maxima. On a SAZ-1500D the options are a pair of 12" icons (4 cubes @ 30hz) or a single 15" xcon (4 cubes @30hz). SQ is not a factor because it is not relavant to my goals. I only listen to rap and R&B, so "lows" are not an issue. Just looking for a daily ground pounding system. I hope I've provided enough info. Thx

if output is what you're looking for, i vote for neither.

Don't get me wrong, both will get nasty in the right install..but that's not what they're meant for.

Don't get me wrong, both will get nasty in the right install..but that's not what they're meant for.

I completely understand what you are saying. I'm not looking for the loudest possible setup period... I would like to stick with my stock alternator. Big 3 in 0 gage plus extra battery is in the works. I figure that 1500 watts is the most my electrical system would support. Off of 1500 watts, there are lots of sub choices & i've narrowed it down to the Icon and Xcon...I am open to others though. My last setup was 2 12w7's on 1500watts (3.75 cubes @ 34 Hz). looking for similar output (more would be even better)

I completely understand what you are saying. I'm not looking for the loudest possible setup period... I would like to stick with my stock alternator. Big 3 in 0 gage plus extra battery is in the works. I figure that 1500 watts is the most my electrical system would support. Off of 1500 watts, there are lots of sub choices & i've narrowed it down to the Icon and Xcon...I am open to others though. My last setup was 2 12w7's on 1500watts (3.75 cubes @ 34 Hz). looking for similar output (more would be even better)

Two ICONs would be a better choice, the cone advantage would be enough alone. That would be perfect for what you're looking for. They are a excellent ground pounder sub. :drink40:

Even though their not meant to be an SPL or get insanely loud subwoofer. They do a great job of getting plenty loud and sounding great while doing it. And I only have 1 DCON 10" peepwall.gif

Even though their not meant to be an SPL or get insanely loud subwoofer. They do a great job of getting plenty loud and sounding great while doing it. And I only have 1 DCON 10" peepwall.gif

Where does your voltage rest with that stock alternator and 1400 watts?

Where does your voltage rest with that stock alternator and 1400 watts?

Ignition on and truck running at idle = 14.5 give or take and truck off at 12.6 - 12.8.

yes they can get "loud" depending on your definition, the Icons and Xcons are very good sq based drivers that can get "loud", but I wouldn't recommend them to somebody looking for loud and sq isn't a factor. Yes you can get "loud", and its mostly about the install anyways, but you're going about it wrong, I'd get a woofer that was designed to get loud, not a sq driver.

Lots of drivers to pick from. I personally have serious wood for the new sundown Zv2 ~1500w driver more suited to your goals. But if you could even get your hands on one right now I'm not sure.

yes they can get "loud" depending on your definition, the Icons and Xcons are very good sq based drivers that can get "loud", but I wouldn't recommend them to somebody looking for loud and sq isn't a factor. Yes you can get "loud", and its mostly about the install anyways, but you're going about it wrong, I'd get a woofer that was designed to get loud, not a sq driver.

Lots of drivers to pick from. I personally have serious wood for the new sundown Zv2 ~1500w driver more suited to your goals. But if you could even get your hands on one right now I'm not sure.

most anyone that has heard anything that we make would highly disagree this statement.

most anyone that has heard anything that we make would highly disagree this statement.

I personally heard the xcons and they do in fact get VERY LOUD and sound good doing it.

I think that you misinterpreted what I meant...I meant that I'm not designing a SQ oriented system with 3 way active components and such. I'm not saying that I don't care how it sounds. I've seen too many people misuse the term SQ and I don't want to be added to the list...

I'd go with the icons, everyone raves about them, I'll have mine next week and be able to give a full review :drink40:

I think it's funny personally.

Anyone near me that thinks a SQ woofer cant get "loud" is welcome to take a listen and judge for themselves.

must have never heard them... :puzzled:

ive heard 4 15 icons on 1500w/ a piece, and ill tell you its 1 of the loudest vehicles ive heard in my life. and still sounded great!!

Yes I have heard icons and installed icons. Can't say the same for xcons unfortunately. And I was quite impressed by them, both in sound and yes, ones i've heard did bang pretty hard. Its an excellent driver, and I've talked a couple people into buying them. However, if one of my friends wanted me to recommend something to them and came up and said screw sq, I want loud! ... It wouldn't be my first choice is all. :shrug: