sundownz

"Magic Box" V.2 For an 18"

Does any one know where I can get some terminals like that

You can call and order the brass threaded rod, nuts, and washers from the same place I get them (they are local to me so I pick up):

Piedmont Fastener Co‎812 South Main Street, Troutman, NC 28166-8514(704) 528-6150‎

Threw some good power on it today and hit 155.9 dB -- really close to the v.1 box results but this is with a Z v.2 =)

Now to try an NS v.2 18 in here when they arrive !

what kind of bolt do you use for terminals?

I know the answer to this one. its bass threaded rod. probley 5/16 or 1/4

Hahaha, "bass" threaded rod.

was fitting! but a spelling era that im good at. i meant brass of curse.

the secret you speak of is it in picture 3 :)

if not it must be in pic 1!! (the sticker)

overall awesome job and a nice read! maybe consider this for the technical section?

The "secret" is a bit more complicated than the pictures might imply... I'd be impressed if someone figured it all out from the pics :)

I spent all morning the other day reverse engineering the old box since we built it 3+ years ago *laughs* Then I scaled it up and kept the important ratios identical to the old box but a bit larger for an 18.

Threw some good power on it today and hit 155.9 dB -- really close to the v.1 box results but this is with a Z v.2 =)

Now to try an NS v.2 18 in here when they arrive !

Same score with an NS v.1 today as well (155.9 many times) -- may be maxing out the pressure my Jeep can take with a rear-firing port.

Looks like I need to start on my forward firing setup soon!

Sweet. congrats dude!

The "secret" is a bit more complicated than the pictures might imply... I'd be impressed if someone figured it all out from the pics :)

the baffle is sloped towards the port?

The things that make it work so well have to do with the phase of the port to woofer cone and also playing with loading the port against a plane on both ends to get the correct tuning... some of which was luck on the first box but I was able to reverse engineer it and make another similar box as shown here.

CIMG3815.JPG

* Drivers side fully foamed in and enclosed

CIMG3816.JPG

* Passenger side fully foamed and enclosed

The above made my SPL drop hard (I am doing it to prepare for my bandpass setup)... so we came up with an idea.

CIMG3817.JPG

* Mini skateboard ramp !

CIMG3818.JPG

* Another view

This brought my peak SPL back to where it was and my efficiency almost back to where it was. Too bad I never tried the ramp before the foam... I thought about it but never got around to it.

Before anyone asks... we tried closing the sides up and SPL dropped -- it was best open like that.

Interesting stuff with the side panels Jacob.

I'm also curious to see the bandpass setup. Always wondered about a 4th order in the jeep, simulations show a good increase in efficiency.

i need  the buleprint for one of these boxes i have 2 15s nightshades 

i need  the buleprint for one of these boxes i have 2 15s nightshades 

3 years later.......

and that wont happen these are jacobs comp boxs.