Gatorfooseball08

Need some help with my front stage

Im doing some research currently trying to figure out exactly what i want to do ltr this summer when I rebuild my system and am looking for some advice. Here is some background to make this easier for yall.

Vehicle: Chevy Colorado Crew Cab

Deck: Pioneer Premier DEH P-690 UB

Amp: Undecided but currently leaning towards the Kicker ZX700.5

Sub: 10" SSA Dcon going into a custom sealed enclosure in the rear of the truck

Front Stage: Undecided

Rear Stage: Will decide after settling on front stage

The truck is already deadened and the doors are sealed up. Speakers are 6.5s and will be going into the stock locations and Im going to run them passive. Im looking to spend around 200 on the front Componets. The only thing set in stone at the moment is the Dcon and the Deck. I picked the amp cause i could get a good deal on it but will go with whatever is going to give me the best results in my budget. I would like to limit total amp expendicture to around 300 but will go as high as 400. Im geared to go SQ with this setup. Im currently running 0 Gauge from the battery to the amps.

My current system isnt worth mentioning, but my system from high school was 2 12" L7s in a bunch of different custom ported enclosures with the P-690 as a deck, Kicker Amps, 6.5 Kicker SS comps in the front and Kicker 6.8s in the rear of a Crew Cab F-250. I liked the Kicker SS speakers, but not sure about the new RS series, ecspecially at their prices. Ive also played with Alpine, Pioneer, JL, Infinity, and Soundstream Speakers. Some of the other options I was looking into were the Soundstream TRC 6.0s and the Hybrid Audio Imagine Series 6.5s. The problem is I havent heard any of the New Soundstream and was wondering what anyone here thought about them. Also never heard any Hybrid Audio and only know them thru reputation. Im currently leaning away from the Kicker RS speakers and towards the Soundstreams but Im also open to any other ideas yall have. Thanks everyone in advance for your time.

Just out of the names you mentioned, you might need more than 500.00 for the components and amp. I've learned that Bass is great, but, SQ can get very addictive and expensive if not careful, but well worth it (if you love music as much as I do).

Hybrids can run in the thousands. Blues, immage dynamics, alpine, (less expensive) all great names and sound amazing. You just have to search and listen for your favorite sounding products. Everybodys suggestions and oppinions will be different.

Just a suggestion sir, save up, and best of luck with your search and build. Remember to post a build log with lots of pics.

I forgot to ask, I'm an ole fooseball player from a few years back. You play? or is that just a name? Sorry, just currious.

Edited by Cablguy184

Ive researched the hybrids they have a new entry level componet set that are sposed to sound pretty good, the Imagine line. They are right at 200 a set. As much as i would love to run the Legatia, or even Clarus lineup on a really nice amp like the Sundowns, I just dont have the cash atm. College kid on a summer job budget. Im saving up now and the more I spend the longer I have to wait. The Kicker amp i was looking at is $275 and as far as I can tell is perfect for what Im looking for. I was really interested in the Soundstreams, My buddy had them in his truck and they sounded alright if i remember correctly, but thats been atleast 5 yrs ago and they were older speakers. I'm wondering if anyone on here has heard the new sets. Any input would be great. Im waiting for the shop in Ocala to get the Hyrids set up so I can go listen to them, but I cant find any shops that carry Soundstream. A few people on here have said their amps aren't bad but i couldn't find anything on the new component sets. Thanks for everyones help.

As for the Football question, yes I was a pretty decent player in High school and had talked to the Coaches at UF about walkin on but at the end of my senior year a month before the State Weightlifting meet blew my wrist up clean and jerking. Titanium plate and 11 screws later it was fixed but that along with a partially torn rotater cuff and some other nicks here and there, trying to walk on just didnt seem like a good idea. So instead I sit in the stands and chear my beloved Gators to victory.

OH, I thought you meant FOOSE BALL, (a pool hall game), not Foot Ball (high school/college sport) totally 2 different things. I was more of a weekend street drag racer / Car audio junkie during my high school/college years. Sorry to hear about the injury though. Hope everything works out ok.

In the SQ competition side, I haven't seen many Soundstream stuff being used (definately not saying there is not any) I just ain't noticed. Hybrids must be comming out with entry level stuff ,,, interesting to know, thanks. I've heard ALOT of good things about sundowns, so go for that definatelly. :drink40:

Most important thing will be to go and take a listen to drivers if you can.

I cant tell you how much money I have wasted buying stuff on line because people said they sound good.

Even if you listened to some and came back here with likes and dislikes of what you listened to you could find some help and have a little more confidence buying on line.

Good luck.

I've talked to the owner of the closest shop who is authorized to sell the Hybrids, he is sposed to shoot me an email whenevr he gets the booth set up with the new speakers so I can go take a listen. He said it would be sometime this summer so hopefully thatll happen soon.

The Fooseball is kind of an inside jock with my High School football team. Sorry bout the misunderstanding, but yes I actually play fooseball too

I've talked to the owner of the closest shop who is authorized to sell the Hybrids, he is sposed to shoot me an email whenevr he gets the booth set up with the new speakers so I can go take a listen. He said it would be sometime this summer so hopefully thatll happen soon.

The Fooseball is kind of an inside jock with my High School football team. Sorry bout the misunderstanding, but yes I actually play fooseball too

Are you the waterboy?

mama said the foosball is the devil.

No, I was the Pulling Guard. But our team was redneck as all get-out and one of the little Catholic teams we played were shouting that at us as we got off the bus. We beat them by like 50 and for the next 3 yrs we were "fooseball" players

So just went to the local shop..... they are retarded as expected. The guys was a dick, their display board doesn't work, and even though he is an authorized dealer of soundstream he has NO IDEA about any of their current line-up....... WTF

Sundown Audio is nothing more than another re-incarnation of RD Audio, speakers are made by George at Atomic, and amps are Chinese design and look identical internally to RD Audio and other brands of amps coming out of the same Chinese factory. You can go to most sites and see the woofers and amps of each brand and see they are all the same product, just with different names.

Edited by whodat