im so confused! so is a bass remote bad to use if you want ur subwoofer to be "quiet?" i know i know Who would ever want their sub to be quiet but im just wondering. ive heard it can hurt the amp/sub or it cant, i neeed answers!!

im so confused! so is a bass remote bad to use if you want ur subwoofer to be "quiet?" i know i know Who would ever want their sub to be quiet but im just wondering. ive heard it can hurt the amp/sub or it cant, i neeed answers!!

From what I have read it's not bad to use. Some people don't use them while others do. I havn't hooked mine up yet, but plan on doing so to see how it sounds and reacts. If I don't like it with the bass boosted then I can always remove it. If you choose to use it to boost your bass turn the bass boost all the way up at the amp and then turn it down to zero on the bass boost knob. The remote know overrides the dial on the amp from what I gather. You will need to set your gain(s) where you plan on keeping your bass knob. Remember you can always turn it down from where you set it. But it will of course reduce your voltage to the subs in doing so. Typically bass boost is around 45Hz. So use that test tone to set your gains on the amp.

Maybe someone else with more knowledge will also reply with better opinions or facts.

It seems like your talking about a Gain Knob and no they wont hurt the amp that is what they are made for. From your signature it seems like you want to go Sundown, they have Gain Knobs which can control the gain level at the setting it is on the amp. Whereas some other companies have Bass Boost Knobs, which control the Bass Boost Level that is set at the amp (dont use bass boost period).

It seems like your talking about a Gain Knob and no they wont hurt the amp that is what they are made for. From your signature it seems like you want to go Sundown, they have Gain Knobs which can control the gain level at the setting it is on the amp. Whereas some other companies have Bass Boost Knobs, which control the Bass Boost Level that is set at the amp (dont use bass boost period).

alright thank you Jay-Cee. i now feel safe about using it.

No problem at all. :drink40:

From what I have read it's not bad to use. Some people don't use them while others do. I havn't hooked mine up yet, but plan on doing so to see how it sounds and reacts. If I don't like it with the bass boosted then I can always remove it. If you choose to use it to boost your bass turn the bass boost all the way up at the amp and then turn it down to zero on the bass boost knob. The remote know overrides the dial on the amp from what I gather. You will need to set your gain(s) where you plan on keeping your bass knob. Remember you can always turn it down from where you set it. But it will of course reduce your voltage to the subs in doing so. Typically bass boost is around 45Hz. So use that test tone to set your gains on the amp.

Maybe someone else with more knowledge will also reply with better opinions or facts.

DO NOT turn the bass boost or the gain all the way up on the amp. It can, and probably will damage your sub. As you said, it overrides the bass boost/gain on the amplifier, so it would be smart to turn it to minimum on the amp so in the case that your bass/gain knob gets unhooked accidentally, you won't damage your sub.

This is why I would only prefer a Headunit with a sub level control. A lot simpler.

does Pioneer 880PRS has sub level control ?

do you need to run Sundown bass remote with this HU ?

does Pioneer 880PRS has sub level control ?

do you need to run Sundown bass remote with this HU ?

It is a gain remote on the Sundown, you can use it (that is up to you, personal preference thing). If you have a subwoofer control then there is no need for a Gain Knob in my eyes but some still use it.

A gain knob makes a lot less sense to me than a bass boost knob. I mean, you shouldn't have the need to be adjusting your gain all the time, and really probably shouldn't mess with the bass boost, but I guess its a marketing thing...

ahhh, it's "gain" knob, wasn't sure what it is either, basically once you set your gains on the amp you don't tuch em again, the knob would defeat the purpose of tuning the amp I guess ?

ahhh, it's "gain" knob, wasn't sure what it is either, basically once you set your gains on the amp you don't tuch em again, the knob would defeat the purpose of tuning the amp I guess ?

Your remote controls the gain to the point you have set it on your amp. The minimum at the remote will be the same as the minimum at the amp ( 6V maybe ). When you turn it up it gets lower and lower so the amp gets more sensitive and play louder. The maximum at the remote will be the point you have set your gain by hand at the amplifier. You cant go further more and bypass your original gains with the remote.