hove

Hove's Rebuild!

I Recently decided to change my setup and go with a little more. I loved my 18" BTL, but it was time for a little more. I am keeping most of the things from my old build but added on.

my first build

2X Saz-2000D Strapped at 1 ohm each/

1X 18" ascendant audio Mayhem

XS D3100 battery

2X ascendant audio 7" Mid-bass drivers

2 pair of ascendant audio tweeter's

more to come as i order

42eae826.jpg

de74fd9f.jpg

df632e9e.jpg

98577421.jpg

f6a58fe8.jpg

de74fd9f.jpg

hopefully going to start putting things together soon, waiting on a few more things to come.

More pics soon!!

Edited by hove

Update your signature loser :peepwall:

Glad to see one of my old friends made it over there safely, good luck with the build :fing34:

ill take good care of her for you jay. no worries! :fing34:

i hope this build gets me what i want. first time attempting strapping 2 amps together. its going to be fun and seems pretty simple. :woot:

Edited by hove

get to work man i was almost certain you were gunna be there today?

i was supposed to go. then you guys decided to not answer your phone so i just called some girls over and BBQ lol

i got some work done today. the sub will be here tuesday i cant wait!!!!

2be7042e.jpg

0097d9bb.jpg

affc6f15.jpg

77203ae6.jpg

339dbd1d.jpg

i ran out of blue wire :(

43acacba.jpg

7f3e0e34.jpg

fe1e02d6.jpg

7da24199.jpg

a514e334.jpg

795267d7.jpg

i am SO ready for tuesday to be here lol. alot more work to get finnished.

new mids and tweets should be here with in the next week or so

Looks good man! Keep up the good work!

popcorn.gif

i was supposed to go. then you guys decided to not answer your phone so i just called some girls over and BBQ lol

na he didnt answer his mine never went off man. i would of came and got you but he decided to tell me after the fact i was 10 min from the place that you wanted to go.

Edited by BIG BASS BLAZER

na he didnt answer his mine never went off man. i would of came and got you but he decided to tell me after the fact i was 10 min from the place that you wanted to go.

lol its all good! ill be ready for Ohio this weekend!

looks real clean! i bet that seat is heavy now

yeah the seat weights a tun, i gotta get used to pulling them down together now. i was thinking about making like a steal rod or something and screw it in to both seats so i can move them down better.

i hope my voltage holds up until i get a HO alt. it might be to close for comfort, if i get really big voltage drop i will probably only run one amp until i get the HO alt

wow that looks awesome! good work man keep it up!

also i love the wires you got going from the 100.4 to the speaker lol!

wow that looks awesome! good work man keep it up!

also i love the wires you got going from the 100.4 to the speaker lol!

lol its all i had 0:) ill change it one day. i need help decideing on an HO alternator. i am open to any suggestions please. i am working with like $300-$350.

i got a little update. everything is installed, i will post pics tonight!!!!

there is bad news also. either this setup is way to hard to tune and i am a noob or i just have no idea what i am doing because i am a noob lol

the sub is flexing like a champ my car is flexing like a champ but the bass it just is not hitting like i am assuming it should. its not deep and i cant really feel it like i did with my 1 18" btl and 1 Saz2000D

the box moved up an inch or two because of the way my amps are sitting now. would that effect it? its a good 3-4" away from the hatch.

i am also having a hard time finding where the SS filter needs to be. it ranges from 10-60HZ, so i am assuming 28-30ish hz is around 20% up? that is the best way i can explain it. any input would help here please

i have a 2 volt HU and i have my gain just a little above half way. bass boost is 0 and phase is at 0. the slave amp settings are flat

my sub is wired down and reads 1.9 on my VM. i am 100% on wiring the amps up together it was pretty simple.

i need some help please. thanks everyone.

to set your sub sonic filter since it goes from 10-60 in the middle is 35hz so 20% is....18hz ish?

also is this is a used sub? is it bnib? it needs a break in time!

also how is your electrical up to snuff? what kind a voltage drops are you seeing across the amp(s)

also you said you set your gains to 1/2 way so...what are the amps outputting?: did you check them with a dmm to make sure you you pushing XXrms?

also have you tried playing with the gains a bit? down? up?

also what is your hpf set at? or what position is it at and what are the max/ min settings on the hpf??

to set your sub sonic filter since it goes from 10-60 in the middle is 35hz so 20% is....18hz ish?

also is this is a used sub? is it bnib? it needs a break in time!

also how is your electrical up to snuff? what kind a voltage drops are you seeing across the amp(s)

also you said you set your gains to 1/2 way so...what are the amps outputting?: did you check them with a dmm to make sure you you pushing XXrms?

also have you tried playing with the gains a bit? down? up?

also what is your hpf set at? or what position is it at and what are the max/ min settings on the hpf??

i just went for another drive i played with the settings a little. i think i narrowed down where the SSF needs to be. my LPF is at about 70hz. i am dropping down to about 13-12-9 at full tilt.

it is brand new yes, i was also told to let it break in more. i feel dumb for forgetting that lol.

well anything lower then 12 is bad lol anything lower then 12 you are not getting full power out of those amps and you could potential damage the amps!!!

keep in mind the power supply in the saz 2000's are .... 10-18 volts....ish i think i remember reading.

soo keep the foot on the gas petal while pounding to keep the voltage up!

also i suggest turning down the gain a bit till the sub breaks in a bit more! jsut to play (pun intended) safe! ;)

also i suggest turning down the gain a bit till the sub breaks in a bit more! jsut to play (pun intended) safe! ;)

well on the drive home i got to play it a little more then 1 min lol. on the highway i was stable at 13ish volts. the sub started to smell just a litle not alot at all. i tuned it down and just let it play very low so it breaks in a little better. the smell dident smell like a burning smell was kind of weired smell hard to discribe it. i will beable to get a better eye of the subwoofer tomarrow i think everythings ok i just need to fine tune it.

i did blow a tweeter on the way home :(:(

thanks for the help Kenkid.

it beats HARD tho lol i am excited to hear it when its perfect

be6c3890.jpg

1ccda4d6.jpg

9af12124.jpg

72886b04.jpg

ill have better pics 2marrow

Edited by hove

That funny smell is more than likely the glue they put on the coils. Mine smelled like that till they were broken in for a long period of time. You need that alt asap and maybe a big xs up front may help a little.