Mark LaFountain

Exclusive MTX Factory Tour | SSA Style!

I was invited down to the MTX factory by the ex-CEO of MTX, who the the son of the owner of MiTek USA. He has been a long time fan of SSA (closet browser). He owns "Magnum Sales Southwest". Which is a distribution center for many many brands.

If you're in Phoenix Area and cannot find any decent power wire (like me), contact these guys!

http://www.MagnumWest.com

Thanks to John Ivey for the Tour :)

anyone want some pictures?

Well of course we want pics!

Bring em' on!

Pictures, bah give us some sketches lol

wish i had the honor to see how zed audio makes their amps in person

MTX doing prototype amplifiers in house?

i like there subwoofers.. pretty good.. my first ever subs.. had 12 inch terminators..and just recently blew out my new school 2 ohm terminators.. hehehe hooked up to my soundstream rubicon 2500 to them.. and played some jeezy.. they shook my car my rear view mirror wouldnt stand straight cd's fell off for about 10 seconds lol .. wonder how there new amps hit.. any input on them??

i like there subwoofers.. pretty good.. my first ever subs.. had 12 inch terminators..and just recently blew out my new school 2 ohm terminators.. hehehe hooked up to my soundstream rubicon 2500 to them.. and played some jeezy.. they shook my car my rear view mirror wouldnt stand straight cd's fell off for about 10 seconds lol .. wonder how there new amps hit.. any input on them??

amps don't hit.

Actually, they build all of their amps in house! I didn't know that either, was very very refreshing to see a USA built amplifier. Good stuff.

Very solid Amps, I personally like the 4kd they have.

That brought back memories for me of when I worked for an Alpine OEM factory. I used to run a board chip placement machine for honda and chrysler factory radios. They shut it down and moved the whole operation to Mexico...FTL!

Actually, they build all of their amps in house! I didn't know that either, was very very refreshing to see a USA built amplifier. Good stuff.

Very solid Amps, I personally like the 4kd they have.

I didnt know that. That is good news for ther USA.

Loved my thunder 5000's, loved my 801D (which I still have), absolutely despised my thunder 8000's turned me off to MTX woofers. I wouldn't have a problem buying another MTX amp though.

Loved my thunder 5000's, loved my 801D (which I still have), absolutely despised my thunder 8000's turned me off to MTX woofers. I wouldn't have a problem buying another MTX amp though.

they have always made a great amp. I like them even MORE now that I know they are built in the USA.

That brought back memories for me of when I worked for an Alpine OEM factory. I used to run a board chip placement machine for honda and chrysler factory radios. They shut it down and moved the whole operation to Mexico...FTL!

and its only going to get worst.. thanks to the whole immigration reform :D LOL a lot of businesses cant afford buying product in american to sell in america so they outsource there products to other countries due to having to pay high wages and benefits to full citizen americans..

We (MTX AUDIO) build some of our amps in our Arizona factory. Some other are built in OUR China factory that we own 100%. We do not source our amps and in fact build some other peoples products (amps / subs) also. If Anyone is ever in Arizona I would be happy to give a tour of the factory and show you around Magnum Sales as we are in the same building as MTX and my family owns both companies. Next time I'm going to show Mark our R&D and how we design our Amp and Subs. BTW MTX 8500 and MTX 9500 subs are all built in the USA also Mark and I are going to do a little demo for each other :)

BTW I hated my MTX 8000 subs too BUT that was 8 years ago the 9500 rock now. Pontiac made the Aztec, Cadillac made the Catera and MTX made the 8000 :) We all have our occasional failure.

Edited by SSAudio

I owned the JH600 and the JH55 series woofers, i absolutely loved them. Their Customer service is grade A+++, i sent in an amplifier when it blew, it was months out of warranty and they fixed it for free and paid shipping back to me.

Would never regret buying another amplifier from them.

We (MTX AUDIO) build some of our amps in our Arizona factory. Some other are built in OUR China factory that we own 100%. We do not source our amps and in fact build some other peoples products (amps / subs) also. If Anyone is ever in Arizona I would be happy to give a tour of the factory and show you around Magnum Sales as we are in the same building as MTX and my family owns both companies. Next time I'm going to show Mark our R&D and how we design our Amp and Subs. BTW MTX 8500 and MTX 9500 subs are all built in the USA also Mark and I are going to do a little demo for each other :)

BTW I hated my MTX 8000 subs too BUT that was 8 years ago the 9500 rock now. Pontiac made the Aztec, Cadillac made the Catera and MTX made the 8000 :) We all have our occasional failure.

Well said. Looking forward to my trip! :drink40:

Nice. I like the "behind the doors" stories. Good read, I hope to hear more after you trip Mark.

ALL OF US ARIZONA PEOPLE SHOULD GO ON A FIELD TRIP :D:woot::domodance:

ALL OF US ARIZONA PEOPLE SHOULD GO ON A FIELD TRIP :D:woot::domodance:

haha, i'll ask, but thats alot of people lol

Would be pretty cool to have a tour of that factory in person. That huge mother of a sub is a beautiful creation lol. Video of demo Mark? lol

Edited by LuckyChalmz