people can say all they want about Apple, but I know my G4 is still faster and more stable than most peoples machines, oh yeah I bought it in 2000,

I have no problem paying more for reliability and performance,

wait a sec, maybe thats why I like my car so much. :P

I'm just giving you a hard time ... :P

I don't mind Apples, but I would never buy one because of the relative lack of programs available.

I don't mind Apples, but I would never buy one because of the relative lack of programs available.

I know you are

:P

but they have been making a serious push to develop similar if not compatable programs, and for the most part, 98% of the population could get by fine with MAC Office and Safari,

but people like us have greater needs and requirements, but once I have 3500 to spare, a 23" cinema display and G5 will be on rush order

You know that they have virtual PC right? you can run many programs on a mac now.

Aaron, my upgrade to a G5 is on hold. I am also VERY happy with my G4.

To anyone thinking of buying a Mac...hold off for a while. Next year Apple will be using intel chips, only about 15-20% of the software will be compatable. It would be best to hold off. Aaron can you imagine, a dual 3.33 Ghz power mac??? Or whatever is the largest processors they have out by then :)

I can imagine a nice Toshiba laptop :unsure:

Like I told you the other day. I am VERY happy with mine. I wouldnt trade it for anything other then a powerbook.

You know that they have virtual PC right? you can run many programs on a mac now.

To anyone thinking of buying a Mac...hold off for a while. Next year Apple will be using intel chips, only about 15-20% of the software will be compatable. It would be best to hold off. Aaron can you imagine, a dual 3.33 Ghz power mac??? Or whatever is the largest processors they have out by then :)

wait a sec, how does the new Intel chips affect compatability of upcomming software, or do you mean existing software?

anyway the new G5 is crazy fast and stable

wait a sec, how does the new Intel chips affect compatability of upcomming software, or do you mean existing software?

No, No...existing. Say you own a G4 now. I use Digital Performer a BUNCH for my recording. If wont be compatable on the new version. I will have to buy the new version of DP when it comes out. Same may go with any other software you purchase now.

No, No...existing. Say you own a G4 now. I use Digital Performer a BUNCH for my recording. If wont be compatable on the new version. I will have to buy the new version of DP when it comes out. Same may go with any other software you purchase now.

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::ohsnap: