Sign in to follow this  
BigDaveIA

IA forum excitement.

At first I thought maybe a Lunar L2125.

Lol. Not quite that rare. Here's a hint: They had a limited edition set of amps a couple years ago.

Kef

Lol. Not quite that rare. Here's a hint: They had a limited edition set of amps a couple years ago.

Kef

PG?

Closer. Same era as PG's prime. Well, this one is newer, circa ~2000 if I remember right.

Kef

That said, I took the 187 apart tonight. I will be making a thread with pics shortly.

Kef

That new DP looks mean as hell!

Alright, I'll give myself the e-cookie.

For the nice sum of 25 dollars, I am the proud owner of a 8/10 cosmetics, 10/10 functionality Rockford Fosgate Power BD500.1.

Not too shabby for 25 bucks :P

Kef

For the nice sum of 25 dollars, I am the proud owner of a 8/10 cosmetics, 10/10 functionality Rockford Fosgate Power BD500.1.

Kef

:orly3:

Kef

:orly3:

Ya srsly.

I couldn't believe it. Funny part is I didn't even know he had the amp. It was a kid in Lancaster (which is a 30 minute drive from my house) who posted on Craigslist about a Kicker sub for 35 bucks. Turned out that the sub was partially blown, but it was a CVR18 dual 4. I should have bought it to get it reconed, but I passed. But when he told me 25 bucks for that amp, I hooked it up to make sure it worked, and it did without a single hiccup. For 25 bucks, I will not complain at all.

Kef

my IA excitement is on hold, why is there no LI subs in the store? :ehh::puzzled:

What?!?!?!? They better be there, me and the old lady are ordering one to replace the dead 187.

Kef

What?!?!?!? They better be there, me and the old lady are ordering one to replace the dead 187.

Kef

yea I get none showing up on mine, I was about to order one too. Guy on ca.com told me to try vertex and they do have them but now i'm leaning towards getting a 6.4 while I have the funds to do so.. ugh choices.

Well vertex is in cinci which is about a 2 hour+ drive one way for me. If he is able to ship it would be a lot easier but I don't know if he would be able to.

Nick, can you or someone from SSA chime in to why the LI aren't on the ssa store?

Kef

Well vertex is in cinci which is about a 2 hour+ drive one way for me. If he is able to ship it would be a lot easier but I don't know if he would be able to.

Nick, can you or someone from SSA chime in to why the LI aren't on the ssa store?

Kef

vertex ships, I had my 6.4 shipped no problem when checking out. LIs may just be on shortage right now, who knows. I'll have some eventually on a big ol 20.1 down the road.

Kef

vertex ships, I had my 6.4 shipped no problem when checking out. LIs may just be on shortage right now, who knows. I'll have some eventually on a big ol 20.1 down the road.

I live in Ohio though, so he may not be able to ship to me, if IA doesn't allow it.

That 20.1/LI combo should be nasty. I am going to run the LI sealed in the enclosure I have, and then port it once we get another vehicle and I can afford to take the whole trunk up. It's going to be powered off of the Power BD500.1, so it should be a pretty nice setup for daily.

Here's what the system will look like:

Sony 330 head

RF P163c crossovers

Polk MOMO tweeters

Adire Koda 6 midbass

MTX RT2200 front amp

IA LI 15 sealed

RF BD500.1 sub amp

and Knu wires

Not bad, I don't think. Only reason I'm running the RF crossovers is their crossover point and slope.

Kef

I live in Ohio though, so he may not be able to ship to me, if IA doesn't allow it.

That 20.1/LI combo should be nasty. I am going to run the LI sealed in the enclosure I have, and then port it once we get another vehicle and I can afford to take the whole trunk up. It's going to be powered off of the Power BD500.1, so it should be a pretty nice setup for daily.

Here's what the system will look like:

Sony 330 head

RF P163c crossovers

Polk MOMO tweeters

Adire Koda 6 midbass

MTX RT2200 front amp

IA LI 15 sealed

RF BD500.1 sub amp

and Knu wires

Not bad, I don't think. Only reason I'm running the RF crossovers is their crossover point and slope.

Kef

I get what you mean now, I totally overlooked that. Just toss him an email and see i'd say, he got back to me in literally under a minute.

I'm trying to trade my 64' biscayne right now to a 94 4runner, 4x4 is good on it and body is as well. No sunroof. I just haven't seen many systems in 4runners really so i'm wondering on if I should or not.

I'm wanting to run active as well, my HUs i'm deciding between are my pioneer Carrozeria ( only one other like it in the U.S. ) i've been told and my jvc Arsenal KD-AR8500. I don't feel like building something for the pioneer though as it's a double din and I think the 4runner used a singledin.

One piece at a time eh? :P. I can't wait to get money for my LIs, everything I want in a sub, able to handle decent power/great sound from what i've heard/good flex capabilities/not an insane sized motor structure.

Edited by Arsenal

Just to add to the excitement, I'll be getting my 40.1 on Thursday! I'll be sure to post up some pics in my build log.

Just to add to the excitement, I'll be getting my 40.1 on Thursday! I'll be sure to post up some pics in my build log.

lucky. :P

Yeah one piece at a time. I am hoping for decent numbers out of my car for a sealed enclosure. My friend Will (whom some may know as thegreatestpenn on CA) said my car is pretty damn loud, and that was the 187 with my Kicker KX400.1 on it. He had a pair of Konaki 12's with like 2kw on them.

Not bad, I would say.

Kef

Yeah one piece at a time. I am hoping for decent numbers out of my car for a sealed enclosure. My friend Will (whom some may know as thegreatestpenn on CA) said my car is pretty damn loud, and that was the 187 with my Kicker KX400.1 on it. He had a pair of Konaki 12's with like 2kw on them.

Not bad, I would say.

Kef

I've had 24 lvl 2 15s sealed ;):( I miss that astro.... and the subs lol. I REALLY miss the money I spent on all that stuff the most though. didn't really have enough room for the 15s anyhow.

that was the last big system I was doing:

24 lvl 2 15s

48 selenium st350 supertweeters

and was working on the mids when I gave up on it and ran out of funds, everyone on ca.com got a deal from me at that time.. I sold that stuff dirt cheap :(

Edited by Arsenal

i love my LI 12's thay are some stout little subs. im only runing one now until i get the other one back from incriminator. then i'll be running four probly on stetsom 2k5 should get decent loud.

Can someone tell me more about the new DP 21's? How much will they be and when are they available?