graydodge14

Fi q's question

I think i will be ordering 2 of the 12' fi q's soon. My question is will these hit harder then my 2 kicker cvr's. I want something louder that hits harder but ive read the q's are more of a sq sub (which i want better sq too) so i didnt know if i should go with the Bl's or the q's

My goal is louder than the kickers with better sound quality so any opinions?

any Fi woofer or any here at ssa will own kicker subs, no contest

Thats what i was hoping to hear! haha thanks man

Make sure you actually build the correct, Fi recommended enclosure for the Q's... otherwise, your custom woofers probably won't be any better than the Kicker woofers you have now.

Shit, if you're just comparing to the CVRs, then the SSDs will still do the job better if paired with a right enclosure.

x2 on the SSD!

The SSD is a great all around daily ground pounder designed driver. The Q is a sound quality driver and not designed to get loud.

so will the q be louder then teh cvr but also have better sound quality? i mean i would like to have better sound quality too and i think i would want the q but i want to be able to pound when needed.

The Q is a sound quality driver and not designed to get loud.

you mean a woofer available in 18" sizes wasnt designed to get loud? thats like a v12 sports car that wasnt designed to go fast

loud is a relative term. not as loud as a BTL. not as loud as a BL. but if you a Q in the right box and send it 1000w itll give you a good show.

You forgot one word, sir

"install"

cvr in the right box>q in a prefab.

SSD's best bet why go with a overrated brand name kicker.

SSDs. Don't spend more money than you have to. You won't be disappointed if you put it in the right box.

What kind of box do you have the CVRs in now? I'm just trying to save you some $$$. If it's a prefab box or just a poorly constructed box in general, you're not going to be happy with the sound. Before you spend hundreds on new subs, try spending $40 bucks and build yourself a quality box.... you will be surprised how good supposedly crappy woofers can sound in the right enclosure....

http://www.bassforms.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BF212RAM

This is the box i have my cvr's in right now and ill be putting the new speakers in, its not a cheap box by any means.

I do plan on putting a center console box in, i heard though that if i did i would have to run the smae subs in it as the subs that i have under the seat? Dont need a in depth explination just wnated to know if i ran q's in the back could i run bl's or ssd's in the console.

But anyways thats the box i just cant decide if i would be disappointed in the bass from the q's or if i should go ssd.

I think i will be ordering 2 of the 12' fi q's soon. My question is will these hit harder then my 2 kicker cvr's. I want something louder that hits harder but ive read the q's are more of a sq sub (which i want better sq too) so i didnt know if i should go with the Bl's or the q's

My goal is louder than the kickers with better sound quality so any opinions?

I have a friend who went from 2 Kicker cvr's to 1 Fi Q 12"... same amp to both.. both running at 1 ohm.. the 1 Fi Q sounded better all around than the 2 kickers.. 2 Q's would only be better.

Edited by smashedz28

If that box has only 1.7 cuft total then thats really small for two 12s. You have to take into account for the the sub's displacements as well. You would barely have enough space for the recommended sealed enclosure for the SSDs. I would add filling to get more effective volume. I wouldn't stray against Fi's recommendations much... The box is great for cosmetics but that price tag is retarded. And why would you need to run another sub in the center console with two in the rear already? I mean, its your vehicle so you can do what you want with it but I would seal up one of the sub holes for that box and run a single 12" Q.

Yeah well as far as the price tag, my dad owns his own company and they were set up at the sema show in las vegas about 2 years so i got the box for $200 through a sema special i guess they were running...This was before they got big i guess and raised there prcies because theres no way i would pay that steep ass price for a box.

I know the box seems small but the specs on the cvr's now show 2.8 cu ft of airspace per sub and im running them both and they hit hard, i know its no where close to the recomened space but i figured by moving down to somethin like the q that needed less space then what i have it could only improve.

And the console box was just an idea i was throwing around, pretty soon it wont be my daily driver so i figured why not throw 4 12's in there if i had the chance. So im not positive ill do that it was just an idea i was throwing around .

You forgot one word, sir

"install"

cvr in the right box>q in a prefab.

thats obvious, but yes you're right

sometimes i forget you have to post everything pertaining to the topic or someone will be confused. been WAY too long for me, guess that's why i try not to post much

If i did want to run a bl in a sealed box is that just a bad idea?

Its not what they are designed for so no don't run a BL sealed. Just go with either a single Q and seal up the other sub hole or run two SSDs. Add some filler to get more effective volume.

Alright, well i guess my main concern that im worried about is if i go with the q's will it still get as loud or louder then my cvr's with the same box .i would be upgrading the amp to a sundown just not sure which one.

Ive really never messed with sq and i think it would be cool but i still want it to be equally as loud bass wise with better sq as my kickers if not louder thats my main concern holding me up