Tirefryr

Big'uns!

Some people wanted to see some larger cable so here you go.

This is a shot of three-conductor 750MCM next to a 2" IMC coupling. The coupling is 2.5" in diameter so that gives you an idea of how large this stuff is. Picture is misleading though as the cable is actually about 3.1" in diameter. This stuff weighs 18lbs. per foot!!!

engineparts0854dt.jpg

And here's a shot of 750kcmil next to the three-conductor. This stuff is no joke. It can handle over 10Kamps of current!!!

engineparts0216st.jpg

I have some even large stuff, but it was buried on a spool and I couldn't get to it to take some photos.

And last but not least, my favorite big'uns!

engineparts0239ub.jpg

crop out them jaws next time ;)

oh yea.

nice wire :)

could you hold some 1ott and that 3conductor in each hand and get a shot of that? might be a better comparison.

lol...we need more pics of the big'uns!!!

doesn't matter which ones...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

And i thought 4/0 was big.... :blink:

If i had that stuff id go to my local audio shop and slap it down on the table and ask if they had any

Better yet...if they had any in blue.

With matching gold ring terminals.

Crimp-style, of course...even though you'd need a log splitter to generate the force required to crimp 'em. You're eXtReem like ****!

nicw wires........who's the female with the dance instructors

more pics of the chick or the emoticon gets it............. :nutkick: too late!

i like the idea of dropping a chunk of that down at a shop...lol...and asking for crimp style connectors...but i'd want platinum, cuz that's how i roll.. :domoslay:

there's a local shop here i'd love to do that to...

ryan, any chance of u sending out a few pieces?? lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I got the real deal crimps for 750, of course it takes a hydraulic crimper to make the connects. I have ran miles of the single 750kcmil. I have some pics around here of some batteries that are only 2 volts and hundreds of amps and weigh about 500 lbs per battery. We used it for wiring up the battery back-up systems in the telecom world. I know of an installer that came home and saw a strange vehicle in his driveway, so he proceeded to take an 18" piece and put his wife's lover in the hospital with 18 fractures (including 2 in the dudes skull), she dove out the window and escaped his wrath, but when in court he claimed temp insanity and walked. The poor lover boy may never walk again, lost use of his right arm and is a very slow speaker these days. I am willing to bet he never sleeps with another man's wife again.

I got the real deal crimps for 750, of course it takes a hydraulic crimper to make the connects.  I have ran miles of the single 750kcmil.  I have some pics around here of some batteries that are only 2 volts and hundreds of amps and weigh about 500 lbs per battery.  We used it for wiring up the battery back-up systems in the telecom world.  I know of an installer that came home and saw a strange vehicle in his driveway, so he proceeded to take an 18" piece and put his wife's lover in the hospital with 18 fractures (including 2 in the dudes skull), she dove out the window and escaped his wrath, but when in court he claimed temp insanity and walked.  The poor lover boy may never walk again, lost use of his right arm and is a very slow speaker these days.  I am willing to bet he never sleeps with another man's wife again.

:ahem!:

OWNED!

that chit can't be light...18" section? what is that, about 10pds? lol....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

looks like fun, so Ryan want to help me wire up my truck with that?

and don't make me put up pictures of Big'ns

looks like fun, so Ryan want to help me wire up my truck with that?

and don't make me put up pictures of Big'ns

i say put em up!! hell ya!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

you have already seen them :P

I've ran 500 MCM before :D das good chit

I haven't seen 750 since i left the mill... :faintthud:

edit: oh yeah...nice bewbs

you have already seen them :P

and?? lol....they fit the title here...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I got the real deal crimps for 750, of course it takes a hydraulic crimper to make the connects.  I have ran miles of the single 750kcmil.  I have some pics around here of some batteries that are only 2 volts and hundreds of amps and weigh about 500 lbs per battery.  We used it for wiring up the battery back-up systems in the telecom world.  I know of an installer that came home and saw a strange vehicle in his driveway, so he proceeded to take an 18" piece and put his wife's lover in the hospital with 18 fractures (including 2 in the dudes skull), she dove out the window and escaped his wrath, but when in court he claimed temp insanity and walked.  The poor lover boy may never walk again, lost use of his right arm and is a very slow speaker these days.  I am willing to bet he never sleeps with another man's wife again.

DAMN! We used to throw around 1" pieces of just the insulation. In just the right spot that can knock you out. I can't imagine getting wacked over the head with an entire piece!

I would like to take the time on behalf of all the forum members, to be thankful, for picture number 3.

That should be a high priority -items-, in any audio setup.