tysonm

Xcon VS. DC LVL 4XL

Just like the title says, Xcon VS. DC LVL 4XL If they are both 15" Which would be a better subwoofer that will sound good with music while still pounding? and would either of these be able to fit in the trunk of a 98 honda accord coupe?

Those two drivers were built for different purposes. The Xcon is an sq woofer that will get loud. the DC is an spl sub that won't sound like crap (assuming the install doesn't suck). How much space do you have to work with?

Edited by Bearlokey13

Agree with eggy.

And how would anyone know if it will fit in an accord? You are going to have to help out with some dimensions bro.

I own a Grand Marquis, so it should fit in an Accord. Wait... that doesn't make any sense.

The most space I think I could get away with without having to to shape my box to my trunk would be 33" W x 32" D x 17" tall. The box that is in my video is 28" W x 14.25" D x 14.5" T and has a little room to move around.

Will a Xcon that is a 12" in the Optimal enclosure get louder than a 15" in the minimum enclosure?

I currently have a 12" Alpha which I've been told that it's very close to the Xcon and if a 12" sub in its optimal enclosure will get louder than a 15" in a minimal enclosure specs, then I will just build a box to the Xcon optimal specs and put my Alpha in it.

Edited by Crash

With those dimensions, you would have room for a 15" ported in an optimum box.

If you have that space, get the 15. :woot:

personally I would go with a 12" in that trunk......you still need room for the woofer and enclosure to unloadproerly

I personally love the xl best woofers I have ever owned. And they still sound good while getting loud.

Hey Thumpper, I tried to PM you but I think your inbox is full or something. Can you PM me how much it would cost to have a box identical as that 12" Xcone single flared port (black/white one), to have one like that built and shipped to 84075?

Will a Xcon that is a 12" in the Optimal enclosure get louder than a 15" in the minimum enclosure?

I currently have a 12" Alpha which I've been told that it's very close to the Xcon and if a 12" sub in its optimal enclosure will get louder than a 15" in a minimal enclosure specs, then I will just build a box to the Xcon optimal specs and put my Alpha in it.

Umm, who told you that?

id go xcon 15, it looks like you've got enough room. or you could do 2 12" dc lv4 XL which would get real loud if you've got the amp to power them

but then again im bias when it comes to these things, im out to get a lot of flex and put up some good numbers, never been a SQ guy at all

I would LOVE to run either of those in my setup, but I wouldn't have the room to pull the box out without breaking it. I am kind of disappointed that I can't run dual 12" of the BL's because that is what I really wanted to do. My second thought was a 15" RD audio HW or the Xcon, but neither would be able to fit in my trunk and being able to still pull the box out without breaking it.

A ton of people on CAF.

Would you disagree?

Highlighted is the reason everyone disagrees.

I say one 15. sounds like your trunk is similar to mine. you could fit the 15, but it will be a bitch getting the box in. make sure you have room for your amps and batteries and shiittt

I say one 15. sounds like your trunk is similar to mine. you could fit the 15, but it will be a bitch getting the box in. make sure you have room for your amps and batteries and shiittt

What kind of car do you have, how many cubes is your box and whats it tuned to, what is your boxes outside dimensions and do you have any pics?

Get the 12" Xcon, build an optimal box, or just a normal box !!! And you will be good to go!!!gayhaaay1.gif

You can have your 15" xcon in an optimal SEALED box and be very happy,............like me !!!

If you want 2 subs, you can have 2 xcon in 12" in a sealed box in your trunk. They get very loud like that too.

Take a look at my avatar (or at my gallery) my xcon 15 is in a 2.9 cu ft sealed box, and I like it more than when it was in a 3.5 cu ft ported box ! But, now, it is firing back and not up : big difference !

A ton of people on CAF.

It used to be a pretty good forum. Now there are only a handful of quality members left on that site. But it is one of the few forums that "low-hz" aka Kevin Holden has not been banned multiple times from or forced off. He is/was the primary RD product pusher, and CAF is one of the few sites left that site has people that think RD was/is a quality choice or a smart company to continue to buy from. I am not going to get into detail, but dont listen to anyone that thinks RD is a good choice or comparable to reputable companies or products.

I have never had a sealed setup because I have heard that ported gets a lot louder. What would some pro's con's be for ported vs sealed? Is the output reduced greatly by going sealed than ported?