Jeff Stetsom

About Stetsom Amplifiers

Hello there people,

We Stetsom has been in the market for more than 20 years, about 10 years in the USA working with competitors

We are located in Brazil in the city of Presidente Prudente, São Paulo state. We are one of the biggest card audio in South America, an Industrial facility with 3000m2 of built area in a 6000m2 terrain. Automated production capability. Worldwide Exportation. All this makes STETSOM the biggest company in its segment.

factory.jpg

This is a partial view of one of the assembling lines, STETSOM as assembling lines with modern pneumatic machines that facilitate the high productivity and quality.

and before we sell them to our customers

STETSOM executes the final test one by one of its amplifiers with modern measuring instruments where all the electronic parameters are analyzed and checked.

3042010111817389.png

We have about 8 lines of amplifiers, but we only have available for export in the USA only the

Vulcan Digital Line

Dub ST Line

Thunder Line

Vemon Line (new line i will talk more about it and they get here in the USA )

The Vulcan Digital Line are most famous line, the line that Alan Dante use to break the World Record of 181.7db

The vulcan Line are Class D amplifiers with a pretty small size compare to some in the market

How we can make high and quality power with a such a small amp ??

Because we use less of higher rated components. They are actually quite impressive(and expensive) parts.

Much better than super buildhouse parts. Not only that, but the SMPS carrier frequency is considerably

higher than other amps, which means they do not need to have as much transformer core area or input/ouput

filter capacitance. That means smaller cores and a directly smaller footprint due to not having the need for

so many capacitors.

Stetsom dont need to use much transformer core area because our amps SMPS (switch mode power supply)

is HIGHER than other amps then This means that the transformer that it feeds can be much smaller than one connected directly to the line/mains. you know not having need for many capacitors.

it has a P.I.C that controls the power supply and protection circuitry (microprocessor operates on a 20MHz osc crystal )

The P.I.C is our protection mode for the amplifier is a microprocessor that takes care of the amp

Which it helps, on the performance which we dont have to use fuse in the amplifier

The vulcan line is a full range amplifier that they response from 20hz to 15khz (so models goes only to 8hz)

They all have one full range channel output, with a low pass crossover and subsonic filter

Vulcan digital line Full Range(20Hz a 8KHz) Amplifier with Low Pass Crossover(50Hz a 8KHz)

14k2e

11k2d

7k2e

5k2e

Vulcan Digital Line Full Range(20Hz a 15KHz) Amplifier with Low Pass Crossover(50Hz a 15KHz)

4k2d

2k5e

1k5h

pictures of 14k2e

1252010114349883.jpg

The Vulcan line has a amazing efficiency performance of 80 to 95%

so you can have a idea

@ 4ohms 93 to 98%

@ 2ohms 89 to 92%

@ 1ohm 83 to 88%

(this is not a test results this is a sample)

that's why are so strong in brazil for daily use, because we have a high efficiency

The Vulcan line is a daily use amplifier, not only for burp like a lot of people think about it

5% of the whole production in the factory for the vulcan line comes to the USA, 90 % of them are use for daily system with music in brazil

thats where we are pretty big, as the Vulcan line has a big frenquecy response, a lot of people use them with loudspeakers and woofers

like this

The Dub ST Line is a Class D full range 4 and 2 channels amplifier from stetsom

This line is perfect for a installation with one subs and a pair of speakers

you can use the 2 channels in bridged going to mono block channels and use for the subs and giving a nice amount of power to them and use the other 2 channels for your speakers

The Thunder Line is a Class AB full range amplifiers 4 and 2 channels amplifiers

they can be use and just like the Dub St like i said on the top , just use for you normal setup for your speakers

both of this Line has a High pass and low pass crossover in the amplifier to help tunning

Any Questions ??

Nice write up and description! I have always been intrigued with Stetsom Amplifiers and their technology!

Thank You!

:drink40:

so you mean to tell me that this is what my pro audio fetish is gonna turn into. damn i need some stetsom in my life

I've got questions..

At what frequency is the power supply and output transistors switching at on the H bridges? As well as the class D's

On the older stetsoms how is the board attached too the case? And on the new ones how are they attached to the case? Also do all stetsom amps too rated power?

Edited by Cthedinger

I've got questions..

At what frequency is the power supply and output transistors switching at on the H bridges? As well as the class D's

I dont really get your question

are you talking about the 1k5h ?? which has the half bridged technology >?

On the older stetsoms how is the board attached too the case? And on the new ones how are they attached to the case? Also do all stetsom amps too rated power?

Hey there,

Whats the old model that you are talking about ??

They are attached just like the way they were before, but we just add more supports

And about your question about rated power

can you please rephrase it

Hey there,

They are attached just like the way they were before, but we just add more supports

For instance the older vulcan 7kd that says SPL competition on it, are the newer amps attached too the heat sink the same why that amp is?

On a setup that has the electrical to keep the voltage the amp is seeing from dropping below 12 volts does your 4k do 4000 watts? Does the 7k really do 7000 watts? Does the 14k really do 14000 watts? Does the 19k really do 19000 watts?

Edited by Cthedinger

I've got questions..

Any of them..what are they switching at. You have a frequency in which the gates are opening or closing at..on the fets and/or transistors on the output stage (You can see this on an o-scope if you do not know, you just have to get in the range that they are operating at). The only amplifier in the world that is truly an amplifier is a class A, everything else switches via gates on a mosfet or a transistor..I want to know the operating frequency of that device. 100kHz? 120kHz? Higher? The smaller transformers and parts that are used the higher and harder the gates are being switched on fets/transistors..I want to know what this frequency range is.

in for technobabble ...

i enjoy reading these types of threads

I've got questions..

Any of them..what are they switching at. You have a frequency in which the gates are opening or closing at..on the fets and/or transistors on the output stage (You can see this on an o-scope if you do not know, you just have to get in the range that they are operating at). The only amplifier in the world that is truly an amplifier is a class A, everything else switches via gates on a mosfet or a transistor..I want to know the operating frequency of that device. 100kHz? 120kHz? Higher? The smaller transformers and parts that are used the higher and harder the gates are being switched on fets/transistors..I want to know what this frequency range is.

I once heard: "If you want to know buy one and take it apart."

I mean no harm, I just poking around with a stick. Ha ha!

I've got questions..

I once heard: "If you want to know buy one and take it apart."

I mean no harm, I just poking around with a stick. Ha ha!

That's easily done..and not an issue. He said I could ask any question..so i've asked it. :)

I've got questions..

Well i understand now, i was just making sure

its not everyone nowadays that ask me that

for the power supply is 26khz and the to the channels (fets) is 104khz on the big models

and for the 1k5h is 180khz and the power supply 26khz also

but why this question ?? :puzzled:

but what want to know this ?? :puzzled: :puzzled:

What is the norm for most power supply and fets in other amps? (Question geared more toward Nick)

I've got questions..

for the power supply is 26khz and the to the channels (fets) is 104khz on the big models

That's what i'm looking for...this goes for the class D amplifiers as well, not just the H bridge?

Would there happen to be any filtering done for this on the output fets?

I've got questions..

That's what i'm looking for...this goes for the class D amplifiers as well, not just the H bridge?

Would there happen to be any filtering done for this on the output fets?

Please send me a email

for the detail question i will answer it there better

jefferson@stetsom.com

Hey there,

For instance the older vulcan 7kd that says SPL competition on it, are the newer amps attached too the heat sink the same why that amp is?

On a setup that has the electrical to keep the voltage the amp is seeing from dropping below 12 volts does your 4k do 4000 watts? Does the 7k really do 7000 watts? Does the 14k really do 14000 watts? Does the 19k really do 19000 watts?

i dont really get your question

The amplifier are made and tested to give you that power on the our specs

you can check out our website and all the specs on the amplifier are there

www.stetsom.com

Thank you

The reason I am asking is because from every clamp test I have seen on the 14k it only does 8k-9k watts rms, not 14k watts rms like stetsom claims.

The reason I am asking is because from every clamp test I have seen on the 14k it only does 8k-9k watts rms, not 14k watts rms like stetsom claims.

whats the impedance rise your have ???

and do you have the eletrical system for the amplifier ???

Because i got competitor and he gets 8k rms on 3.8ohms !!!

and that a lot of power

how are you measuring it ??

can you give the details ??

Ac votls and amps ac coming outta the amplifier

and also the voltage you are palying and the current draw on the amplifier ??

and i will tell you why,

you are getting just 8k to 9k rms on the 14k