Jeff Stetsom

About Stetsom Amplifiers

That probably has something to do with box rise, not enough current to support the amp.

Wrong way to test how the amp performce, bad grounding, gain isn't set correctly.

But there is one thing i want to know, how come the 14k only has 1 input for pos and negative wire?

Since it can pull from 600 to 1200 amp of current?

(and most 1/0 wire can only supply 300A-350A of current for continous periods.)

Edited by kirill007

(and most 1/0 wire can only supply 300A-350A of current for continous periods.)

For what length can it only support 300A ?

Look at a 300A anl fuse, it's a very tiny conductor surface.

That has me thinking, i have never tried to see how much amps 0 guage wire can support without getting too hot.(200 degrees fahrenheit)

Most people or companies that sell wire say a number between 250-350 amps.(so that's why i thought to not put more then 350 amps to 1 run of 0 guage wire.)

But you're probably right. :drink40:

That has me thinking, i have never tried to see how much amps 0 guage wire can support without getting too hot.(200 degrees fahrenheit)

Most people or companies that sell wire say a number between 250-350 amps.(so that's why i thought to not put more then 350 amps to 1 run of 0 guage wire.)

But you're probably right. :drink40:

The 14k2e is not be use with with a 0 gauge cable (about 45mm) its on the manual, we recommenced to run at least 70mm ( which is about 2.75 gauge )

and for the 9k2d and 7k2e its recommend to run 50mm (which is about (1.2gauges)

Well, we follow the brazilian market, on the production of our amplifier

and here is a testing video for the 14k2e is so good but we are working on to do another one

14k2e Test 1

14k2e test 2

Thank you

and you can run about 450 amps on a single 0 gauge wire ( real 0 gauge wire ) not cheap stuff

I've got questions..

At what frequency is the power supply and output transistors switching at on the H bridges? As well as the class D's

I dont really get your question

are you talking about the 1k5h ?? which has the half bridged technology >?

Any of them..what are they switching at. You have a frequency in which the gates are opening or closing at..on the fets and/or transistors on the output stage (You can see this on an o-scope if you do not know, you just have to get in the range that they are operating at). The only amplifier in the world that is truly an amplifier is a class A, everything else switches via gates on a mosfet or a transistor..I want to know the operating frequency of that device. 100kHz? 120kHz? Higher? The smaller transformers and parts that are used the higher and harder the gates are being switched on fets/transistors..I want to know what this frequency range is.

Well i understand now, i was just making sure

its not everyone nowadays that ask me that

for the power supply is 26khz and the to the channels (fets) is 104khz on the big models

and for the 1k5h is 180khz and the power supply 26khz

as you see our amplifier have a big frenquecy respond im pretty sure you asked because you didnt believe the frequency response

but Stetsom is the only one the market with this frequency response high like

if you wanna compare like Soundigital

Their 19Khz for the power supply and e 38Khz for the channels

Their amps dont response the frenquency they say they do

Everyone knows that in brazil

Like for mid bass they are almost head to head on technology and power

but when is about music is we are the best

If you wanna listen to music, you buy our amplifiers

Edited by Jefferson Stetsom Amps

Well with the 7k I had after we did the mods too it upgraded all the wire inside it and what not we saw only 5k out of it wired down too .35 on the amp rising to .93, voltage never dropped below 12.9

Well with the 7k I had after we did the mods too it upgraded all the wire inside it and what not we saw only 5k out of it wired down too .35 on the amp rising to .93, voltage never dropped below 12.9

Did you have a 16volts one ???? on music or burp ??

and this is a old amplifier right now we have about 3 generations up to this one

a lot of stuff changed

and its not about the voltage !!!

its all about the current !!!! what was the current drawing on the amplifier ???

This goes for any brand !!! amplifier are an equipment that just amplifier the power that you have (batteries and power supply are the power source )

If you didnt have enough current on your system

the amp mind got the point and it was on the limited of Ac volts of it but if you had a lil more of current you could get more power to it

I have seem a lil car that we added a battery on the system and before we are clamping around 50 ac volts with 26 amps, after 52 ac volts with 35 amps !!! just add one more batteries

difference more than 500 rms !!!!

To get also the right number of power, i depends to on the frequency that you are testing all brand and we do also rated at amplifier at 100hz

The amplifier rated power are rated at 100hz, when you do dont on frequency like 30 to 35hz the efficiency on the amplifier wont be the same

and of course you will make less power, that goes to any amplifier

Im going to sit here and type a bunch of lies to you my friend, like a lot of companies do

but im here to assist you to understand how everything works !!! never expected to buy a amplifier of 5000rms and get 5000rms out of it !!!

you would go against physics, and everything is about physics on this area man !!!

I've got questions..

At what frequency is the power supply and output transistors switching at on the H bridges? As well as the class D's

Any of them..what are they switching at. You have a frequency in which the gates are opening or closing at..on the fets and/or transistors on the output stage (You can see this on an o-scope if you do not know, you just have to get in the range that they are operating at). The only amplifier in the world that is truly an amplifier is a class A, everything else switches via gates on a mosfet or a transistor..I want to know the operating frequency of that device. 100kHz? 120kHz? Higher? The smaller transformers and parts that are used the higher and harder the gates are being switched on fets/transistors..I want to know what this frequency range is.

for the power supply is 26khz and the to the channels (fets) is 104khz on the big models

as you see our amplifier have a big frenquecy respond im pretty sure you asked because you didnt believe the frequency response

Not exactly. I'll go over everything in the email that I'm going to compile and explain things clearly over the next few days. There is no issue with making a full range class D amplifier... you do not have to prove any of that to me. However there are issues that you are not seeing here yet that I see every single day. I've been very very very very scientific about collecting data and how I've been testing things and looking at things. It keeps pointing back to the same issue because the are zero problems in a class A, or A/B power setup where things are not modulated and are not switched. (A/B is switched to an extent..but not like a class D or an H bridge)

Again, I'll compile an email and send it to you. I want to know what is going on with these things and why it is being done like it is done because issues keep popping up with a certain group of amplifiers both Korean, Chinese, and from Brazil...and it is all because everybody is trying to play the efficiency game, taking a blind eye to everything else.

I'll shoot you an email when I have on properly compiled and we'll go over the information. If you choose not to talk about the situation at hand that's fine, either way it will confirm my findings.

Thanks!

I've got questions..

Not exactly. I'll go over everything in the email that I'm going to compile and explain things clearly over the next few days. There is no issue with making a full range class D amplifier... you do not have to prove any of that to me. However there are issues that you are not seeing here yet that I see every single day. I've been very very very very scientific about collecting data and how I've been testing things and looking at things. It keeps pointing back to the same issue because the are zero problems in a class A, or A/B power setup where things are not modulated and are not switched. (A/B is switched to an extent..but not like a class D or an H bridge)

Again, I'll compile an email and send it to you. I want to know what is going on with these things and why it is being done like it is done because issues keep popping up with a certain group of amplifiers both Korean, Chinese, and from Brazil...and it is all because everybody is trying to play the efficiency game, taking a blind eye to everything else.

I'll shoot you an email when I have on properly compiled and we'll go over the information. If you choose not to talk about the situation at hand that's fine, either way it will confirm my findings.

Thanks!

Sound good to me !!! i will be waiting for your email

inquiring minds want to know...

me too, interesting read :)

me too, interesting read :)

Im doing a better post for the mids and high amplifier !!!

i talked about them at the end the first post !!

Heheh, so we are ALMOST head to head in technology and power?

Why don't you implement PWM on your amplifier's power supply before you say such a thing?

That is a good one Jeff, ahahaha.

Heheh, so we are ALMOST head to head in technology and power?

Why don't you implement PWM on your amplifier's power supply before you say such a thing?

That is a good one Jeff, ahahaha.

Nice first post! Someone slamming a vendor when they are a vendor themselves! Why not introduce yourself!

uh oh. sound digital in the house.

Well, Im not here to compare our product to any brand !!!

But Like i post on the Beginning WE ARE THE BIGGEST car audio factory in South America

Im not gonna mention our sales per month !!!

With our technology we have accomplish many titles and world records

Murilo says that because that something we dont have in our amplifier

by that doenst mean that we dont have the power !!!

how about this....

each of you [ stetsom & soundigital ] buys an amp from the other. lets say to make it interesting, pick middle of the line power. im thinking a stetsom 7k vs SD 8k, ...so each rep will both have those 2 amps for testing purposes.

so murilo has a stetsom 7k and his own SD8k,...and you have your stetsom 7k and a SD8k.

you guys do all the normal bench tests, clamp tests, in-car tests etc. and throw in what your { both companies } amps, are the best suited for , and not best for. some sort of our amp performs best when used doing this, or vice-versa. giving some sort of strength and weakness results.

i for one would like to see this type of testing done. i know that 7k and 8k is different, but im focusing not as much on power directly, but where it makes it, where its happy at, is it reliable on daily music full power, etc. id also like to see some thermal abuse testing to see how it performs like in a desert situation in the middle of summer in car where temps are 160 inside before amp is even turned on

so in the end, you can see where im going with this. im sure amps of choice will change among other things, but there has seemed to of been a mystery about these amps online since day one. only a few know a little about one or the other. and im not banking on what ive heard in that respect at all anyway

if this does or doesnt happen, i understand. but the info to come of it deffinately wouldnt hurt the ones out here in internet land.

who knows, might even spark a sales increase for you

how about this....

each of you [ stetsom & soundigital ] buys an amp from the other. lets say to make it interesting, pick middle of the line power. im thinking a stetsom 7k vs SD 8k, ...so each rep will both have those 2 amps for testing purposes.

so murilo has a stetsom 7k and his own SD8k,...and you have your stetsom 7k and a SD8k.

you guys do all the normal bench tests, clamp tests, in-car tests etc. and throw in what your { both companies } amps, are the best suited for , and not best for. some sort of our amp performs best when used doing this, or vice-versa. giving some sort of strength and weakness results.

i for one would like to see this type of testing done. i know that 7k and 8k is different, but im focusing not as much on power directly, but where it makes it, where its happy at, is it reliable on daily music full power, etc. id also like to see some thermal abuse testing to see how it performs like in a desert situation in the middle of summer in car where temps are 160 inside before amp is even turned on

so in the end, you can see where im going with this. im sure amps of choice will change among other things, but there has seemed to of been a mystery about these amps online since day one. only a few know a little about one or the other. and im not banking on what ive heard in that respect at all anyway

if this does or doesnt happen, i understand. but the info to come of it deffinately wouldnt hurt the ones out here in internet land.

I completely agree with you.

how bout it..yea lets see that some friendly comp between two companies from the same country. <BR>and call it the battle for brazil Ha!!!

Edited by CaptinPower

how about this....

Im going to try to do that for you guys !!! first i need to get a 7k

lol

I dont have any with me, sold mine and upgrade to 14k

but its possible to do this tests

I will let you know

thank you

Hello there people,

We Stetsom has been in the market for more than 20 years, about 10 years in the USA working with competitors

We are located in Brazil in the city of Presidente Prudente, São Paulo state. We are one of the biggest card audio in South America, an Industrial facility with 3000m2 of built area in a 6000m2 terrain. Automated production capability. Worldwide Exportation. All this makes STETSOM the biggest company in its segment.

factory.jpg

This is a partial view of one of the assembling lines, STETSOM as assembling lines with modern pneumatic machines that facilitate the high productivity and quality.

and before we sell them to our customers

STETSOM executes the final test one by one of its amplifiers with modern measuring instruments where all the electronic parameters are analyzed and checked.

3042010111817389.png

We have about 8 lines of amplifiers, but we only have available for export in the USA only the

Vulcan Digital Line

Dub ST Line

Thunder Line

Vemon Line (new line i will talk more about it and they get here in the USA )

The Vulcan Digital Line are most famous line, the line that Alan Dante use to break the World Record of 181.7db

The vulcan Line are Class D amplifiers with a pretty small size compare to some in the market

How we can make high and quality power with a such a small amp ??

Because we use less of higher rated components. They are actually quite impressive(and expensive) parts.

Much better than super buildhouse parts. Not only that, but the SMPS carrier frequency is considerably

higher than other amps, which means they do not need to have as much transformer core area or input/ouput

filter capacitance. That means smaller cores and a directly smaller footprint due to not having the need for

so many capacitors.

Stetsom dont need to use much transformer core area because our amps SMPS (switch mode power supply)

is HIGHER than other amps then This means that the transformer that it feeds can be much smaller than one connected directly to the line/mains. you know not having need for many capacitors.

it has a P.I.C that controls the power supply and protection circuitry (microprocessor operates on a 20MHz osc crystal )

The P.I.C is our protection mode for the amplifier is a microprocessor that takes care of the amp

Which it helps, on the performance which we dont have to use fuse in the amplifier

The vulcan line is a full range amplifier that they response from 20hz to 15khz (so models goes only to 8hz)

They all have one full range channel output, with a low pass crossover and subsonic filter

Vulcan digital line Full Range(20Hz a 8KHz) Amplifier with Low Pass Crossover(50Hz a 8KHz)

14k2e

11k2d

7k2e

5k2e

Vulcan Digital Line Full Range(20Hz a 15KHz) Amplifier with Low Pass Crossover(50Hz a 15KHz)

4k2d

2k5e

1k5h

pictures of 14k2e

1252010114349883.jpg

The Vulcan line has a amazing efficiency performance of 80 to 95%

so you can have a idea

@ 4ohms 93 to 98%

@ 2ohms 89 to 92%

@ 1ohm 83 to 88%

(this is not a test results this is a sample)

that's why are so strong in brazil for daily use, because we have a high efficiency

The Vulcan line is a daily use amplifier, not only for burp like a lot of people think about it

5% of the whole production in the factory for the vulcan line comes to the USA, 90 % of them are use for daily system with music in brazil

thats where we are pretty big, as the Vulcan line has a big frenquecy response, a lot of people use them with loudspeakers and woofers

like this

The Dub ST Line is a Class D full range 4 and 2 channels amplifier from stetsom

This line is perfect for a installation with one subs and a pair of speakers

you can use the 2 channels in bridged going to mono block channels and use for the subs and giving a nice amount of power to them and use the other 2 channels for your speakers

The Thunder Line is a Class AB full range amplifiers 4 and 2 channels amplifiers

they can be use and just like the Dub St like i said on the top , just use for you normal setup for your speakers

both of this Line has a High pass and low pass crossover in the amplifier to help tunning

Any Questions ??

sir i am trying to find out the price on your 600.4 and other 4 channel amps. i have the 2k6 and really like it, so now i need matching one for my components. please could you help me out?

Hello there people,

We Stetsom has been in the market for more than 20 years, about 10 years in the USA working with competitors

We are located in Brazil in the city of Presidente Prudente, São Paulo state. We are one of the biggest card audio in South America, an Industrial facility with 3000m2 of built area in a 6000m2 terrain. Automated production capability. Worldwide Exportation. All this makes STETSOM the biggest company in its segment.

factory.jpg

This is a partial view of one of the assembling lines, STETSOM as assembling lines with modern pneumatic machines that facilitate the high productivity and quality.

STETSOM executes the final test one by one of its amplifiers with modern measuring instruments where all the electronic parameters are analyzed and checked.

3042010111817389.png

We have about 8 lines of amplifiers, but we only have available for export in the USA only the

Vulcan Digital Line

Dub ST Line

Thunder Line

The Vulcan Digital Line are most famous line, the line that Alan Dante use to break the World Record of 181.7db

The vulcan Line are Class D amplifiers with a pretty small size compare to some in the market

Because we use less of higher rated components. They are actually quite impressive(and expensive) parts.

Much better than super buildhouse parts. Not only that, but the SMPS carrier frequency is considerably

higher than other amps, which means they do not need to have as much transformer core area or input/ouput

filter capacitance. That means smaller cores and a directly smaller footprint due to not having the need for

so many capacitors.

Stetsom dont need to use much transformer core area because our amps SMPS (switch mode power supply)

is HIGHER than other amps then This means that the transformer that it feeds can be much smaller than one connected directly to the line/mains. you know not having need for many capacitors.

it has a P.I.C that controls the power supply and protection circuitry (microprocessor operates on a 20MHz osc crystal )

The P.I.C is our protection mode for the amplifier is a microprocessor that takes care of the amp

Which it helps, on the performance which we dont have to use fuse in the amplifier

The vulcan line is a full range amplifier that they response from 20hz to 15khz (so models goes only to 8hz)

They all have one full range channel output, with a low pass crossover and subsonic filter

Vulcan digital line Full Range(20Hz a 8KHz) Amplifier with Low Pass Crossover(50Hz a 8KHz)

14k2e

11k2d

7k2e

5k2e

Vulcan Digital Line Full Range(20Hz a 15KHz) Amplifier with Low Pass Crossover(50Hz a 15KHz)

4k2d

2k5e

1k5h

pictures of 14k2e

1252010114349883.jpg

so you can have a idea

@ 4ohms 93 to 98%

@ 2ohms 89 to 92%

@ 1ohm 83 to 88%

that's why are so strong in brazil for daily use, because we have a high efficiency

The Vulcan line is a daily use amplifier, not only for burp like a lot of people think about it

5% of the whole production in the factory for the vulcan line comes to the USA, 90 % of them are use for daily system with music in brazil

thats where we are pretty big, as the Vulcan line has a big frenquecy response, a lot of people use them with loudspeakers and woofers

like this

you can use the 2 channels in bridged going to mono block channels and use for the subs and giving a nice amount of power to them and use the other 2 channels for your speakers

The Thunder Line is a Class AB full range amplifiers 4 and 2 channels amplifiers

they can be use and just like the Dub St like i said on the top , just use for you normal setup for your speakers

both of this Line has a High pass and low pass crossover in the amplifier to help tunning

Any Questions ??

sir i am trying to find out the price on your 600.4 and other 4 channel amps. i have the 2k6 and really like it, so now i need matching one for my components. please could you help me out?

Please send me an email if you are a competitor so i can get you the competitor other than that The SSA store should have the 600.4 for sale

Im gonna talk to them about it

thank you

Hello there people,

factory.jpg

3042010111817389.png

Vulcan Digital Line

Dub ST Line

Thunder Line

so many capacitors.

14k2e

11k2d

7k2e

5k2e

4k2d

2k5e

1k5h

pictures of 14k2e

1252010114349883.jpg

so you can have a idea

@ 4ohms 93 to 98%

@ 2ohms 89 to 92%

@ 1ohm 83 to 88%

like this

Any Questions ??

Please send me an email if you are a competitor so i can get you the competitor other than that The SSA store should have the 600.4 for sale

Im gonna talk to them about it

thank you

thanks for your reply, i am not a competitor though, just wanted the 600.4 cause it looks similar to my 2k6 and would make the install that i have much cleaner looking along with more power for my highs.

Did you have a 16volts one ???? on music or burp ??

and this is a old amplifier right now we have about 3 generations up to this one

a lot of stuff changed

and its not about the voltage !!!

its all about the current !!!! what was the current drawing on the amplifier ???

This goes for any brand !!! amplifier are an equipment that just amplifier the power that you have (batteries and power supply are the power source )

If you didnt have enough current on your system

the amp mind got the point and it was on the limited of Ac volts of it but if you had a lil more of current you could get more power to it

I have seem a lil car that we added a battery on the system and before we are clamping around 50 ac volts with 26 amps, after 52 ac volts with 35 amps !!! just add one more batteries

difference more than 500 rms !!!!

To get also the right number of power, i depends to on the frequency that you are testing all brand and we do also rated at amplifier at 100hz

The amplifier rated power are rated at 100hz, when you do dont on frequency like 30 to 35hz the efficiency on the amplifier wont be the same

and of course you will make less power, that goes to any amplifier

Im going to sit here and type a bunch of lies to you my friend, like a lot of companies do

but im here to assist you to understand how everything works !!! never expected to buy a amplifier of 5000rms and get 5000rms out of it !!!

you would go against physics, and everything is about physics on this area man !!!

How can I tell which generation stetsom amp there is? I'm looking to purchase one and I dont have enough money to get one new so I am looking into the use market. I keep finding the stetsom 7K D that has only a freq. and level knob.

What does the newer 7k amps have that older ones do not? I see no sub-sonic filter on the older one ??

Thanks

Hi There,

Well im pretty sure you never seem a Stetsom amplifier,

Stetsom wont put the name on the Line, just to make more sales on big amplifiers

If we say they give the power they do give the power on the rated voltage power

Stetsom tested all amplifiers before they go on the market, they are tested inside the factory with competitors and daily

We are pretty well known though the world because our amplifier are high efficiency on power

to tell you the truth, Stetsom amps make more power than they are rated

follow me on facebook and you will see many builds and more info - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000236916317

On the older stetsoms how is the board attached too the case? And on the new ones how are they attached to the case? Also do all stetsom amps too rated power?

Hey there,

Whats the old model that you are talking about ??

They are attached just like the way they were before, but we just add more supports

And about your question about rated power

can you please rephrase it

For instance the older vulcan 7kd that says SPL competition on it, are the newer amps attached too the heat sink the same why that amp is?

On a setup that has the electrical to keep the voltage the amp is seeing from dropping below 12 volts does your 4k do 4000 watts? Does the 7k really do 7000 watts? Does the 14k really do 14000 watts? Does the 19k really do 19000 watts?