Sign in to follow this  
TooLoud4You

Problem with aftermarket headunit

My friend is installing his eclipse avn52d headunit in his 05 hyundai sonata.

I've had a little more experience with it so I was helping him. We got everything squared

away and now came time to turn on the car and test it. The headunit came on

but there was no sound coming out of the speakers. I double checked wiring.

Still nothing. Went to the biggest audio shop around town and they told me to check

a few things and I did that still nothing. They said the car might have a factory amp

and that is why the speakers arn't working because the amp isn't see power, which made sense

but when I did what they told me it didn't work.

I am trying to search the internet and see if anyone has had this problem.

I decided to post here since I get the best feed back and a lot of people are helpful.

Any input is really appreciated. Thanks

My friend is installing his eclipse avn52d headunit in his 05 hyundai sonata.

I've had a little more experience with it so I was helping him. We got everything squared

away and now came time to turn on the car and test it. The headunit came on

but there was no sound coming out of the speakers. I double checked wiring.

Still nothing. Went to the biggest audio shop around town and they told me to check

a few things and I did that still nothing. They said the car might have a factory amp

and that is why the speakers arn't working because the amp isn't see power, which made sense

but when I did what they told me it didn't work.

I am trying to search the internet and see if anyone has had this problem.

I decided to post here since I get the best feed back and a lot of people are helpful.

Any input is really appreciated. Thanks

do you have the h/u remote wire hooked up into the wireing harness that goes into the car?

It may have premium sound. to test, take out the head unit and hook a speaker you have laying around to one of the speaker outputs on the head unit. If it plays, there are factory amps that you have to bypass and it would probably be easier to just run new wire from the head unit to each speaker.

tommorrow ill try to hook up a speaker to the head unit. Hopefully i can figure this out

Also, that head unit may have an option to turn off the internal amplifier. If so, you'll have to turn the internal amp back on.

Also, that head unit may have an option to turn off the internal amplifier. If so, you'll have to turn the internal amp back on.

Agreed. Read the manual and see if the internal amplifier can be turned off. I had the same problem with an Alpine HU one time.

Some sonata models do have "premium" sound systems. The amp is in the trunk.

You can run speaker leads from the hu to the speakers but the factory speakers are probably not 4 ohm. Might want to replace them if they aren't. It's your call. You can remove one of the speakers and it should be printed on the back what the impededence is.