PuNkErX

Everyone's take on the "super" mids......

I've been reading a lot about those new mids/components coming out, ED's big midbass, Adire's Extremis, RE's XXX 6.5, etc. and was wondering what some people thought of them.

Me, personally, I can't wait for the XXX, mainly because I'm a big RE fan, and they are supposed to play from like 60 hz to 4-5khz clean! now that is a feat, but we'll just have to see how good they actually are when it gets closer to release time.

Also, that XBL ^ 2 4" "full" range speaker, jeebus, that sounds impressive, but as i said above, we'll have to see.

:ph34r:

well as soon as the ED comps come out i will be getting 2 pairs for my wifes car and a pair of just 6.5 to go in the doors...

im sure someone by were i live is going to get a pair of the RE set, cuz id like to hear them also...

jamie

i have heard/seen the aidre ones and to be honest i was not a huge fan. Maybe it is just me but XBL^2 makes things sound kinda diffrent, not in a bad way...just diffrent. I LOVE the kodas, they are amazing, but these new ones dont live up to what I thought they would. Most people cant use them anyways since there so deep!

I'm an SQ nut looking for some new midbass --- so we'll have to pick up a few sets and try them out :)

Can't wait for the RE's.

- Steve

I think people misinterpreted what Adire was trying to do, in demoing the 4" mids all by themselves...

They weren't trying to say "Look at these things, they are stand-alone fullrange wonders!"

They were saying "Look at how broad the range is that these things can play, that you can really hear with your own ears, if we don't hook up any tweeters or bass drivers with them!"

And the demo was good... they were tremendously impressive, both in terms of range, and in output.

Coupled with a good tweeter and crossover, you seriously have enough low-freqeuncy capability to carry you without a sub even, in a good install.

and that's the 4" version.

Adire didn't have the 6.5" versions hooked up at CES.

I am very happy that compaines are doing this, Mid bass can be very hard to reproduce well in some cars, and if the mids were designed better that would be sweet, I am looking forward to the SI 327's