Soapbox

MANUFACTURES TIPS FOR MECA

In Meca where less is more. What fusing should I drop down to on an saz 1500? A little more info for my particular install.

Amps SAZ 1500

SAX 100x4

Power

Stock alt

2 yellow tops for a total of 88 amp hrs

Subs

3 sa 8's

I would like to run in the lowest class possible

Edited by Soapbox

any pressure class in 1.

Like AS1, S1, M1..

With 3 8s, you can run a 35A fuse with that amp.

I've ran a 3000w slightly attenuated on a 40A, i've witnessed 6,000w ran on an 80A, I've pulled over 1,100A on 320A, etc....

You need an ammeter and proper tuning to get the most out of your amp with a restrictive fuse.

Lots of MECA guys run the tiny fusing classes with 1500Ds - I would try that.

MECA sound like NASCAR on restrictor plates. In MECA once runs have been completed are the fuses confiscated and verified? If not watch out here I come. :P

You can run up to 39 amps of fusing with the surface area you have but you wont find a 39 amp fuse. You can however find and use a 35 amp fuse. I run a 1500 in meca db1 and have ran s1 before on 40 amps. A few of my teammates run a 35 amp fuse and have no problem with it. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and gl!

Thanks for the tips! I have dropped down to 2 SA 8's in a horn, which by the ear is way louder. I have a meter locally and testing will either confirm or deny my ears. I have several items to install 100 sq ft of dampener, hertz energy 165's and a set of zapco components. Soon but not this weekend LAS VEGAS here I come. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe I can configure the following applications with the equipment and boxes I have.

Boxes available:

T line for 2 8's

For 3 SA 8's - 1.8 cu ft ported @ 33 with 1 4" aero (this design has already been rejected not enough port) test out at a 134 db

For 3 SA 8's - 2.4 cu ft kerfed ported @ 35

Cone area's for 8's

1= 50"sq

2= 100"sq

3= 150" sq

4= 200" sq

Fusing for

2 SA 8's possible 50 amp (40 x 100 plus surface area of 100) AS1 class or DB1

3 SA 8's possible 75 amp (75 x 100 plus surface area of 150) AS 2 or DB2

4 SA 8's possible 30 amp (30 x 100 plus surface area of 200) AS 1 or DB1

4 SA 8's possible 80 amp (80 x 100 plus surface area of 200) AS 2 or DB2

Sorry but I'm new to competition just covering my bases.

Last question

I'm planning to build another t-line box and just double stacking the boxes. Is this advisable vrs just doing another enclosure for the 4 speakers?

MECA sound like NASCAR on restrictor plates. In MECA once runs have been completed are the fuses confiscated and verified? If not watch out here I come. :P

Fuses are checked before your run. Anyone can fight your score and if you are caught cheating, you will be removed from MECA.