SaxMan

Slot Port vs. Round Port

the radius would be 6" i think that might get me the amount i need, it can also be smaller. thats the maximum.

There is one more piece of information I need. What is the max depth of the of the left side in the top view. (the part where the ports are firing in your drawing)

just found out the maximum depth of the box can be 11". So I'm going to scrap my idea And just build a normal box. Is 11" too shallow for a 10" FI BL

You're design will work.. why do you want to scrap it? I'm looking for this dimension in this picture..

Photo0047.jpg

well im trying to keep the spare tire, Idont want to but im being forced to. and so i measured it (finally) and it is 11" deep into the trunk. i would like to keep the design but i dont know if i can. and im pissed off cause i was starting to like the idea.

Edited by WhatsCS

well im trying to keep the spare tire, Idont want to but im being forced to. and so i measured it (finally) and it is 11" deep into the trunk. i would like to keep the design but i dont know if i can. and im pissed off cause i was starting to like the idea.

It'll definitely work.. I'll punch some numbers tom at work and let you know.

Alright. Thank you very much

Alright. Thank you very much

When you say you don't think it'll work, is it due to the enclosure size/port/shit im going to calculate? lol or the spare tire issue?

Ok so here we go. The box will be roughly 1.215 cuft after displacements. The radius of the curve will be 2 inches and will be used for volume. The port will be 2x9.5x34.75 (disregard the 35.25 on the sketch) which will tune the box right at 33Hz with 15.64 square inches of port area per cube of volume. Here are some VERY rough sketches.

Photo0049.jpg

Photo0050.jpg

Photo0051.jpg

The final port dimensions are defined very poorly on here. I can figure that out later. Just want to see if this is cool with you.. :drink40:

It's the spare tire. I need it but I don't want it lol I want a sub enclosure. How would that sound? It would be facing the side of the trunk. I was thinking of port firing the same way as the sub.

Edited by WhatsCS

It's the spare tire. I need it but I don't want it lol I want a sub enclosure. How would that sound? It would be facing the side of the trunk. I was thinking of port firing the same way as the sub.

Well I was going for the least restrictive port. I guess you could fire out of the like you want but with the same internal idea that i had. You'll just need to add a triangle piece of wood in the corner to change the direction of the air flow.

Well I was going for the least restrictive port. I guess you could fire out of the like you want but with the same internal idea that i had. You'll just need to add a triangle piece of wood in the corner to change the direction of the air flow.

Also I won't be building this box, someone else will be. I have no carpentry skills. I would like to build it myself. But it is too complicated.

Also I won't be building this box, someone else will be. I have no carpentry skills. I would like to build it myself. But it is too complicated.

Building is really interesting sometimes. You come up with many ideas to fix your screw ups..

Building is really interesting sometimes. You come up with many ideas to fix your screw ups..

My father won't let me either. I can't even install my stereo. I'm pissed but also happy cause I don't want something bad to happen when I install but I know that's how you learn so I'm torn.

Build a classic slot port box. You will have to move it to access your spare tire, like ...me! Look at my gallery, you will see how I do it !

If I need the spare tire, I push it on the amps with the back seats down and that's it!

A box for a 10" must not be too heavy to take it off the car, though.

Good luck.

can you show me how to measure the length of a port? i need to design a box for the installers cause they want to do a weird ass port design cause they think the port wont fit.

This was helpful I was wondering the same thing. That port calc was good.

can you show me how to measure the length of a port? i need to design a box for the installers cause they want to do a weird ass port design cause they think the port wont fit.

right down the middle. Or you can take the total outside length and the total inside length and average them (if you have a bend).