jonbearsmt

should i sell my new navigator?

i bought it as i i was limited with what else i could do to the towncar with out losing my back seat....

so i bought this navi to open my range of what i could do audio wise.... not to mention i can tow a trailer.. and pull things.. and well i wanted to try a truck....

but its just not me.. i like a towncar... hints the reason why i have had every body style from 75 to 02...

i want a new towncar... but then again ill be limited... and back to where i was....

ill have to build a new box to keep the navi.. im above the window line and thats gonna mess me up in classes... somthing i dont have the money to do right now.

tell me what ya think.

Are you stuck on town cars or have you thought about purchasing different lincoln models?

Edited by mr.sagat

If you dont want it. Sell it! Stick with what you love. If its licoln town cars then ride towncars forever!

Are you stuck on town cars or have you thought about purchasing different lincoln models?

i have owned alot of cars... i lost count years ago at 30ish......

lincoln wise i have owned marks and towncars and now navi... i had a LS for a few mins.. but it got flipped quick.. i liked it but it was a base model... and i wanted a v8 if i were to keep one.. but im a big guy... so i like a big car...

i have a grand am too and its so small for me,,,

I was thinking you should get a LS. For the sake that if you owned an LS and ran a trunk class, you could legally lower your seat, right? The only thing that sucks is that you'd have a couple of trunk cars so you'd be limited to those classes. What about a cheap mid 90's town car walled off? It'd be an investment and the rear air bag suspension would need work, but I think walled cars are awesome cosmetically speaking :)

im not looking for somthing ONLY for SPL.. these are my daily drivers... i like to have 4 seats.. and leather..

and no way in hell 2 nightshade 15's are gonan fit in a Ls trunk.

How much would you look to get for the navi? just curious.

How much would you look to get for the navi? just curious.

6000 or best offer... im open to offers.

I'd keep the Navigator. It's a bit more versatile audio wise and everyday use. If you need help with a box let me know. I've got all the tools and a garage. All you really need money for is the wood and the jager bombs :drink40:

I'd keep the Navigator. It's a bit more versatile audio wise and everyday use. If you need help with a box let me know. I've got all the tools and a garage. All you really need money for is the wood and the jager bombs :drink40:

Agreed. I have all the tools and glues already so I don't mind lending a hand as well. I have to build a box myself so we could chip in on the MDF.

The Navigator would definitely be louder unless you get rid of the back seats in the Town Car, something you don't want to do. Unless you can switch over to 4 12s, I'd keep the Navigator.

Did you ever think about porting through the back seat or through the rear deck on the town car?

Did you ever think about porting through the back seat or through the rear deck on the town car?

thru the back seal is not an option.. if you look at a towncar trunk you can see why.. the fuel tank sits between the trunk and the back seats...

thru the back deck is possible if i could have found some where else to put 4 cells.. and also figure out how to tune 2 huge external pipes with 2 90 elbows

thru the back seal is not an option.. if you look at a towncar trunk you can see why.. the fuel tank sits between the trunk and the back seats...

thru the back deck is possible if i could have found some where else to put 4 cells.. and also figure out how to tune 2 huge external pipes with 2 90 elbows

Damn you know what i remember looking at you're trunk and seeing no room lol. One other thing you could do is move the back seat forward like a inch or 2 like some spacers to give some breething room from the trunk to the cabin

alot of hate shown on my post.......but still i gota be honest......you can do alot car audio wise with any SUV...

i have been looking into a 2008 denali for some 15's or 18's....dont know what kind of subs....4 btls maybe

but i was also looking at the soundstream xxx's :peepwall:

Damn you know what i remember looking at you're trunk and seeing no room lol. One other thing you could do is move the back seat forward like a inch or 2 like some spacers to give some breething room from the trunk to the cabin

Moving the back seats as you suggest is also not an option. The mounting bracket on the top part of the back seat is more like a clip, not bolts.

alot of hate shown on my post.......but still i gota be honest......you can do alot car audio wise with any SUV...

i have been looking into a 2008 denali for some 15's or 18's....dont know what kind of subs....4 btls maybe

yeah no question about space.. but a huge reason that im having these thoughs is because i just really dont like the feeling of it.. and eveyone has them and its just not a towncar.....

true me myself....i dont like driving a SUV dont like ridin high lol...

but i like the thot of having so much build room....thats all...like a playground to me

yeah no question about space.. but a huge reason that im having these thoughs is because i just really dont like the feeling of it.. and eveyone has them and its just not a towncar.....

I would say if you are not really interested in changing the box and setup for the Navi then sell it. It would certainly give you a new setup to design and test/tune. But to me with your posts you dont seem very thrilled about working on it. But either way man GL with your build!

shit im thinking about getting a toyota.. what ever tek is driving..

corolla... lol

my project car is a 1995 toyota corolla....30 miles to the gallon and easy to get alot of noise......tiny cab and both back seats fold down...thats always a +...

im thinkin bout gettin a towncar on them thangs lol...know what im sayin :drink40:

Shit yea.. I'll need one as well, If his claims are true i'll sail past 55's EASY....

after the body kit paint rims and wood grain kits....it will be a legit car....but i got alot of hours to put in yet

it might just be the texas in me but i cant help going wood grain on the dash doors and a momo wheel

but corollas aint legit without alot of work...not at all lol

corolla... lol

I understand your love for large V8 sedans except your partial to TCs and im partial to Crown Vics. I say go back to a town car because theres nothin like them there just pimp cars lol. But in all seriousness if thats what you love why change just get a new town car.