'05 f150 silent inside

Extreme Overkill Sound Deadening Without Compromise

These are pictures, of the early stages, of my application of CLD tiles. When I'm finished with my floor, I'll have over 200 ft^2 of CLD layered over it.

http://s917.photobucket.com/albums/ad18/sawyersbigdaddy/F150%20minus%20interior%20exposing%20all%20sheet%20matel/?albumview=slideshow

Edited by '05 f150 silent inside

:-O

That's alot of nice work man!! Keep it up.

Here are pics, of my covered air pressure release vents, in my cab. It's only another place, sound and noise has the opportunity to sneak in.

http://s917.photobucket.com/albums/ad18/sawyersbigdaddy/3rd%20sound%20deadening%20F150%20%20post/?albumview=slideshow

Wow...that is entirely too much vibration dampener...

Just make sure to use noise barrier or all that time and money will definitely be wasted.

Whats noise barries and what do they do?

All the pics are really small. Any way you can enlarge them?

Wow...that is entirely too much vibration dampener...

Just make sure to use noise barrier or all that time and money will definitely be wasted.

Of coarse I'm going to. I have Cascade Audio's VB-3 decoupled lead, mold able, floor barrier to place over the tunnel. Then I have 70 ft^2 of Cascade Audio's, decoupled MLV , to cover everything else. My threads title, reads the way it does, because I'm not kidding and am pulling out all the stops. I've been doing hardcore research on car sound deadening, 2 months before I started. I have many, non biased experts, I talk and consult with, about my install details. This insures that I'm using the the best possible products, for my specific applicational needs, reassures my thoughts and ideas, as well as expanding and improving them , and maximizes my efforts. Maximizing my efforts includes, limiting the waste of time and money, from avoiding the fine line of diminishing returns. I reached that fine line on my floor and was made aware of that by one of the experts. That's why I now, always consult with the experts I trust, who does't have the alterer motives of selling me his products and advise is more about personal gain, not in being totally honest and providing choices. No one brand has reinvented the wheel, which would enable them to offer a product that can't be found shopping around and finding in aother brand. Sure quality may vary, but as long as you do diligent research, you'll find high quality products, cheaper than the over advertised ones, that claim their the best while making unproven product claims. With CLD tiles, a big deal is made about the heat it'll take before product failure. Anything rated over 215 degrees F, is more than sufficient, unless you plan on taking your car to hell with you, or putting the tiles in the engine bay. If your cars interior becomes hotter than 215 F , you're CLD tiles are the least of your worriers. considering at sea level, waters boiling point is 212 F and lowers with increased elevation, So you tell me, is it really necessary when companies say their rate is a few degrees higher than another, when over 215 F?

I don't know what your problem is, but when I click on the link, I'm given the option of seeing it full screen.

I don't know what your problem is, but when I click on the link, I'm given the option of seeing it full screen.

How to post pictures in a thread - SSA Car Audio Forum

:drink40:

nice install bro, you put a lot of time into that, gl with the rest of the build

My system will be pure audiophile and there won't be many that sound better. That's because I'm only running the best equipment money can buy. To start off , Kracos 6x9 up front and Kraco 5x7 as my rear fills, Crunch 12 for the pounding deafening bass and the Boss Audio 3000.4 for the mids and tweets, Boss Audio OL 1800 for my woofer. With those top quality, massive watt amps, it'd be hard pressed to find someone who's system will have better sound quality. I'm only kidding. I wouldn't put that $h!t in my worst enemies car. I tried to find the worst possible brands for that joke. Although, I forgot and couldn't find any swap meet brands, or the joke of an amp I remember being shown back in the day, to claim. It was at least 3' long x 1' wide,and when taken apart the circuit board was no bigger than two playing cards set side by side . I'm really going to rum either Focal 165 KRX3 or Focal 165 KRX2 with 2 Utopia 6.5" woofers in the front, which I'm torn between the two, Kicker SS56.2 for my rear fill, Diamond Audio MacDaddy 10'"sub, and pushing all that with an Xtant x603 with all the available goodies (Modules) and an Xtant x1001 with all available goodies including a bass knob, to handle the bass duties. I also have an EQL , and an Eclipse AVN 5435 head unit. When I'm done, I expect it to sound pretty damn good, especially haven sound deadened my truck.

Wow !! Nice build.

You planning to compete SQ or is this just a personal venture ??

I think my Kracos sound damn good btw. :drink40:

Wow !! Nice build.

SQ car?

He is putting in two sets up front and rears, if he wants to compete it won't do all that well.

I like your title. Extreme Overkill it is as you have exceeded the law of diminishing returns. I do appreciate the effort you have put in and am also sure once you add the acoustic barrier that you will have a really quiet ride. I'd rethink your driver choices, but that is a personal decision and you should use your ears anyway.

Nice....this shit is just weird though...almost spammish but not...lol

Almost spammish? What kind of spam have you been receiving? Bro, you need to kick me down that some of that dank you must be smoking or share what you're on, because it must be some good $h!t. Puff Puff Give don't bogart it all'

They keep sound in or out.

I would LMAO if it would rattle. :P

I am laughing my a$$ off, just thinking you're dumb enough to think that was finished as it sits. When I'm done with that rear wall, it'll be perfectly flat, and those vents will be covered by many layers. Starting with a sheet of mold able vinyl dampener, glue a garbage bag to that, then I have a custom fit fiberglass mold. My amp racks are made from welded, square tubed aluminum.Making the panel out of fiberglass will allow many creative options to mount the racks. You guys need to figure out that I'm not just half a$$ing my install. You guys should have figured that out, by the state of my truck is in!!

Wow !! Nice build.

SQ car?

He is putting in two sets up front and rears, if he wants to compete it won't do all that well.

I'd rethink your driver choices, but that is a personal decision and you should use your ears anyway.

I'd rethink your driver choices, but that is a personal decision and you should use your ears anyway.

I\

I don't care about SPL. When I listen to music (everything but country) I want it to sound like I'm in the recording studio. I need a woofer that has crisp accurate response and has diversity. I'm not in high school anymore, so I can throw my ear plugs away and not have worry about impressing anyone 4 blocks down the road, anymore. That's why I'm running the MacDaddy. Furthermore, it's one of the top 5 sound quality woofers ever made! So go ahead and hate because more than likely, you've never even heard one before and can't get past the SPL factor

Wut up dude,

Honestly, I was not starting a bickering match in any way. Nor doubting your work.

I just wanted to know if you was going to be competing or not (sort of sizing up the competition) :lol2::drink40:

Maybe just a personal audiofile perfectionist.

I think you should post pics directly on this log. I have a hard time seeing them to.

best of luck to ya and keep us posted. :popcorn:

I\

I don't care about SPL. When I listen to music (everything but country) I want it to sound like I'm in the recording studio. I need a woofer that has crisp accurate response and has diversity. I'm not in high school anymore, so I can throw my ear plugs away and not have worry about impressing anyone 4 blocks down the road, anymore. That's why I'm running the MacDaddy. Furthermore, it's one of the top 5 sound quality woofers ever made! So go ahead and hate because more than likely, you've never even heard one before and can't get past the SPL factor

I never commented on your sub choice, in an SQ setup which sub hardly matters it is the installation that is important. If your goals are truly to have it sound like a recording studio then you need to run only ONE set of components and they have to be up front. And yes, I'd rethink those choices because they won't get you your goal. Focal's are very, very, very far from studio monitors when it comes to FR.