'05 f150 silent inside

Extreme Overkill Sound Deadening Without Compromise

I'd rethink your driver choices, but that is a personal decision and you should use your ears anyway.

I\

I never commented on your sub choice, in an SQ setup which sub hardly matters it is the installation that is important. If your goals are truly to have it sound like a recording studio then you need to run only ONE set of components and they have to be up front. And yes, I'd rethink those choices because they won't get you your goal. Focal's are very, very, very far from studio monitors when it comes to FR.

Then in your opinion, what would you say will get me closer to the "studio monitors" SQ I'm after, without being the $7000- $10000 Rainbows, Utopias, Thesis and so on? I think the focals sound incredible and that's not judging on their price tags. Side by side to other brands, at same price point, they sounded the most detailed, had great imagining, the clearest (not muddy at all) and produced crisper more accurate mid bass. I know some people complain about the tweets, but from what I understand, the subtle differences of SQ that differ with each brand., are judged differently in the ears of each listener, what their taste is taste. The fact that no two humans brains interpret sound waves and hear exactly same thing, along with differing opinions on which speakers nuisances are more pleasing to them. That makes it impossible to definitively say that one brand better than another brand, providing you're comparing apples to apples and not apples to oranges. Also, I can get the Focals at regional distributors cost. That makes the Focals that much more attractive.

And for all the inquires, this is all for fun because I enjoy doing this and especially having the freedom to be as creative as I can dream it up. Taking an idea and making it a reality, is the best part of the whole process. Also, have many experts in this field, who'll lend me a hand and help me out if I have any problems, get stuck, or need a question answered. My biggest problem is that I'm to anal and a perfectionist. It can become very annoying and frustrating at times.If need be, I'll redo something as many times as it takes to it right and have it come to fruition how I envisioned it to look and/or function. That's the best thing about this whole thing is it's a hobby, I don't have a time line, just a no compromise, no short cut, and do it right line.

Edited by '05 f150 silent inside

Go active and beat all Focals $10K passive systems.

That dude is about to get the ///M5 smack down. :-O

I hope to see it :D

Who ****, me? I'm with Duran, I'd like to see it too. :peepwall: lol Why do I am getting 4 stars when using slang I'd say in front of my grandma? "that" minus the "th" and adding a "d"

Not even Duran is safe. :popcorn:

Who ****, me? I'm with Duran, I'd like to see it too. :peepwall: lol Why do I am getting 4 stars when using slang I'd say in front of my grandma? "that" minus the "th" and adding a "d"

Cuz dis ain't da hood foo. We be educated herr.

this thread is becoming infinitely hilarious...good job one and all

That still doesn't answer my question of why a harmless, non offensive word would be censored from my post. I give you props though. Including the word "educated" in grammatically challenged sentences, was a nice touch. That's my kind of sense of humor. Anyways, I like joke around and talk smack, probably to the point of being a fault. My smack talk shouldn't be taken as anything else but playing around. It's not a form of disrespect, especially when I don't even personally know the person. I'm seeing if you're game and not stomping on peoples toes. And no, I'm not back peddling, I played college football, and have trained in MMA, since the late '90's. So know body really intimidate me. In saying so, it'd be prudent to say, it doesn't matter how bad you are/or think you are, there is always someone badder who could whip your a$$. (This is a generalized statement that includes all of man kind) After all, we're all human. Ok, enough of our testosterone driven, ego talk, let's get back to car audio. My mantra is: "It's better to be a smart a$$ then it is to be a dumb a$$!!!"

:popcorn2:

LOL, that makes me laugh. That's what I'm talking about, a sense of humor!! :fing34:

That still doesn't answer my question of why a harmless, non offensive word would be censored from my post. I give you props though. Including the word "educated" in grammatically challenged sentences, was a nice touch. That's my kind of sense of humor. Anyways, I like joke around and talk smack, probably to the point of being a fault. My smack talk shouldn't be taken as anything else but playing around. It's not a form of disrespect, especially when I don't even personally know the person. I'm seeing if you're game and not stomping on peoples toes. And no, I'm not back peddling, I played college football, and have trained in MMA, since the late '90's. So know body really intimidate me. In saying so, it'd be prudent to say, it doesn't matter how bad you are/or think you are, there is always someone badder who could whip your a$. (This is a generalized statement that includes all of man kind) After all, we're all human. Ok, enough of our testosterone driven, ego talk, let's get back to car audio. My mantra is: "It's better to be a smart a$ then it is to be a dumb a$!!!"

It's really nothing against you, the forum moderators just like to keep things grammatically correct, it makes it much easier to read and understand a users post.

The word "SQ" brings out the "insane perfectionist- ism" in everyone around here.

You'd be suprised at the information given and learned from the SQ sections of this forum. Insane and AWESOME at the same time.

The word "SQ" brings out the "insane perfectionist- ism" in everyone around here.

You'd be suprised at the information given and learned from the SQ sections of this forum. Insane and AWESOME at the same time.

Quoted for emphasis :)

Looking really good :)

Edit: I'm not sure why you deleted that post, but it looked good.

I am actually just amused.

Have you heard any studio monitors? Did you actually like them? If so, which ones were they?

Now reflect on their acoustic signature and think real close to how the Focals sounded. If you don't realize there is a difference, go and try again. They are FAR from similar.

I'd also like to know where in ANY studio playing 2 chn recordings you have seen rear speakers.

At the same time let me know where you've seen a pair of studio monitors that had more than one tweeter each.

Your plan so far has NOTHING to do with matching studio monitor performance, but I am not so sure that is what you want anyways.

I am actually just amused.

Have you heard any studio monitors? Did you actually like them? If so, which ones were they?

Now reflect on their acoustic signature and think real close to how the Focals sounded. If you don't realize there is a difference, go and try again. They are FAR from similar.

I'd also like to know where in ANY studio playing 2 chn recordings you have seen rear speakers.

At the same time let me know where you've seen a pair of studio monitors that had more than one tweeter each.

Your plan so far has NOTHING to do with matching studio monitor performance, but I am not so sure that is what you want anyways.

With that being said, how many studios have you seen in a car and with a car's unique acoustical limitations and changes. I realize it's unrealistic to have it sound exactly like being in a studio would. That was more or less a figure of speech, meaning I want to achieve the best SQ as I humanly can and have it sound as close as possible, to what the artist Intended it to sound; with having to mortgage my house. Maybe my kids college fund would be ok but not a the house. Now that I think about it the cost of college is the is about same as or more than the average Americans house. I'm sure that you get my point, though!!!!.

///M5, I haven't said anything to you yet, but I find it disturbing that you include a picture of my wife, attached to your posts!!

///M5, I haven't said anything to you yet, but I find it disturbing that you include a picture of my wife, attached to your posts!!

Erm...that's his wife.