djteks

yeaaaaa 150 db.

If you got that from a sweep, you have more potential there. Next time play the sweep at a lower volume, so you don't kill your voltage and find out your loudest frequency. After that is found give a few seconds for the batts to get juiced and let her rip with a burp at that frequency. Don't roll the volume though, just pause/unpause and let her rip...

Since your saying a small toyota sedan, I'm gonna guess a newer body style Corolla with the seats down....

Edited by mr.sagat

and you were on a termlab?????

i cant bvelive that someone that owns a termlab would let you do a sweep.. watch you break 150 then call it a day...

i always run a sweep.. find the peak... then instruct the person to go 2 hrtz below. peak and work up to get a real score!

sweeps dont show your best number.. only show you where your peaking,.....

im sorry man.. but who in the hell hits a 150 on a sweep then doesnt even snap a pic with a cell phone!!!????

im glad that your doing well but there are ALOT of holes in this story...

and im not saying its impossibe... its just not commen.

matter of fact... i meterd a durango with 6K and 2 BTLs 18's two weeks ago.. and the guy was CRUSHED that he only came up 149.5

its NOT an easy thing to do BREAK 150. and your saying you did it on mistake all you had to do was turn it up HA

ill tell you what if your hitting 150s on mistake with 2 BL 12 on 3K ill sell everything i have buy a corollla and 2 bl's and just post up at audio shows.. and sit back and collect my trophys.

the other part that BLOWS my mind is that you have claimed 140 on your sig... for a while now... your telling me you gained 10 DB's by simply turning it up. :bull:

You sure it wasn't an AC meter in the port? :P

thanks for the info big help...also yes both seats fold down...both are kept down at all times lol

If you got that from a sweep, you have more potential there. Next time play the sweep at a lower volume, so you don't kill your voltage and find out your loudest frequency. After that is found give a few seconds for the batts to get juiced and let her rip with a burp at that frequency. Don't roll the volume though, just pause/unpause and let her rip...

Since your saying a small toyota sedan, I'm gonna guess a newer body style Corolla with the seats down....

i myself dont have a cam o my crapy phone bruh...just the basics....but the guy who owns the shop here dont care much he just sets me up with a cd of sounds and kind of lets me loose with the TL on and i try things out like seats up seats down windows up down doors open ect...

and im new too also this still not sure what im doing with the TL..

and i understand were u comin from but i have also seen a single btl 12 hit over 149.5...

it all depends on the install.....in my case i have a good car for it....with the size and seats and all...

but aside from that....i can more than max out a set of bl 12's in my big ass box on my crescendo lol...

i gained about 3 db. just for facing my box forward.....but i dont think it sounds as good facing me as it does facing the trunk...

but it is the truth.....on the other hand i have my settings back to where i am peaking at 140 db.....im not sure what a bl can take daily but how they sounded it was sketchy

only turn it up for TL....most times i like it around 130 or 55 volume on the HU......

and you were on a termlab?????

i cant bvelive that someone that owns a termlab would let you do a sweep.. watch you break 150 then call it a day...

i always run a sweep.. find the peak... then instruct the person to go 2 hrtz below. peak and work up to get a real score!

sweeps dont show your best number.. only show you where your peaking,.....

im sorry man.. but who in the hell hits a 150 on a sweep then doesnt even snap a pic with a cell phone!!!????

im glad that your doing well but there are ALOT of holes in this story...

and im not saying its impossibe... its just not commen.

matter of fact... i meterd a durango with 6K and 2 BTLs two weeks ago.. and the guy was CRUSHED that he only came up 149.5

its NOT an easy thing to do BREAK 150. and your saying you did it on mistake all you had to do was turn it up HA

no..............

i put the meter in my box behind the sub :suicide-santa:

You sure it wasn't an AC meter in the port? :P

was the car sealed?

i had the front windows down about 25%

i may be wrong but this may be called midwest style

was the car sealed?

i got nothing to hide hommie...

and what i post is real.. .and people in my area that meet up with me know its real.......

you say its all install depentent but brother YOUR NOT INTALLER!... i have watched every post you had put up on this board!

the questions you ask and the numbers you claim dont match.....

i have been on this bored for ALONG TIME!!! and i have never doubted someones score... till now....

i own a termlab... if you wanna shut me up your gonna have to come put it up on mine... then ill ask SSA to ban me for life. and ill sell my termlab

im a man of my word.

was the car sealed?

ok weird... cause i was thinking if you had the lab running while you slamed the door with it sealed it would put up a good number if your car was mega sealed i have seen that happen before...

also i have seen the wire come unlugged from the mic causeing a huge spike in number.

and i havent doubted you....but by the time i got on the board i was all ready in the 140s...

and the fact is i was 139 with a prefab box with mtx 7500s on about 1k...

was over 140 the second i put the fi's in the custom box....

and if you have read my post you would also know that...

and you would know that that is with bass boost at 0 gain at 50% and sub level at 0

also with loudness on my HU turned off....

so i dunno what math you are adding up...

but my knowlege is a bit limited i will admit....

but lucky for me i have a job to pay for my local shop to do my work...

im not claiming i know more about car audio than you or that i have been on here longer than you...

you are just trying to talk down on a person you dont know...

and i 100% garuntee that i get more db in my box out of my trunk than i would get in one of your lincoln..

and in that way i mean it is install dependant..

and as i said your doubts will be put to rest as time goes on....

there will be more pics and vids of this install along with my next one...

i dont want drama with you man.....so just keep your doubts to yourself feel me...

i got nothing to hide hommie...

and what i post is real.. .and people in my area that meet up with me know its real.......

you say its all install depentent but brother YOUR NOT INTALLER!... i have watched every post you had put up on this board!

the questions you ask and the numbers you claim dont match.....

i have been on this bored for ALONG TIME!!! and i have never doubted someones score... till now....

i own a termlab... if you wanna shut me up your gonna have to come put it up on mine... then ill ask SSA to ban me for life. and ill sell my termlab

im a man of my word.

no nothing like that...it was legit....other than my box facing me and my window cracked....both give me a boost im not going to lie...

but for some time now i have been trying to beat the 145. put up by 2 mojo 12's in a car that to my knowlege was not even sound proof'd

was the car sealed?

ok weird... cause i was thinking if you had the lab running while you slamed the door with it sealed it would put up a good number if your car was mega sealed i have seen that happen before...

also i have seen the wire come unlugged from the mic causeing a huge spike in number.

Edited by djteks

no doubt anything you put in a small toyota is gonna trump anything that i can stuff into a lincoln towncar trunk....

but thats not what im talking about...

im saying i have metered alot of cars trucks and SUV's with alot more equipment and alot more install experience.

and no one has ever broke 150 infront of me..

but good job....

im jelouse.. im sure alot of people are..... i hope you go on to break 155.

definatly not with this install to my knowlege 3 db. is some how double the sound...and as it is the sweeps sounded like they put alot of stress on my subs..and the bass was not clean like it is normaly....i will only be doing a few more TL at that volume one for pics and a video.....and another for the kid with the mojo's...but it honestly seems a bit much...

from what i have heard a smaller box will let me take more power...

but im planning a 18 btl in a 92 honda prelude for a buddy...

should break a 150 with that also...

would think i would need more cone area even on a btl to get to 155...

trying to talk him into 2 15 btls if he does that i dont see why not.... :drink40:

no doubt anything you put in a small toyota is gonna trump anything that i can stuff into a lincoln towncar trunk....

im saying i have metered alot of cars trucks and SUV's with alot more equipment and alot more install experience.

but good job....

its now a pain to me how true this is....im so sorry...all i can say is i will post once more when the proof is in place

:stfu::ttiwwop::NeedPics:

come on ppl buck up worse things have happened......

days ago i seen a guy on the midwest forum hit 140 db. with two sony xpload 12's in the most bootleg box i ever seen...

but i gave him his props and was on my way........

i love bass and everyone who works too get it is legit in my book :drink40:

days ago i seen a guy on the midwest forum hit 140 db. with two sony xpload 12's in the most bootleg box i ever seen...

2 12's doing 140 is believable on the right power. I'm not sayin i don't believe you but 1 has to wonder. You don't see people braking 150 everyday especially with 2 12's in a trunk car on 3k...

this is true...and i understand this...

but this install did not happen over night....

or even with one set of subs or amps...

it has been alot of trial and error along with countless man hours...

it has taken over a year and around 8 thousand dollars of work and products..

far more than the value of the car the audio is in..

and we have gone over every inch of this car to make sure everything is all it can be..

all thats left paint rims and a few things on the inside...all that im not 100% sure about yet

also i was thinking about a body kit

2 12's doing 140 is believable on the right power. I'm not sayin i don't believe you but 1 has to wonder. You don't see people braking 150 everyday especially with 2 12's in a trunk car on 3k...

Sorry to be another person who has to question you, but i was on the fence about believing you and was going to wait for pictures, but if you have dropped 8K into a car, you have to have pictures, you must have borrowed a camera from someone at some point!

ppl want proof of his score not of his setups,everyone should just wait to comment until after he post pics he already knows he needs proof and said he will get it.

there are only pics of my box and subs right now...all tho on the same phone there are also pics od my eclipse and my big 3 amp and batts...but i dont have them posted yet waiting for my buddy to let me get them.....but this would not prove my tl...as i said i will be here for a long time too come...and will get everthing posted in time

Sorry to be another person who has to question you, but i was on the fence about believing you and was going to wait for pictures, but if you have dropped 8K into a car, you have to have pictures, you must have borrowed a camera from someone at some point!

truth enough said...

ppl want proof of his score not of his setups,everyone should just wait to comment until after he post pics he already knows he needs proof and said he will get it.

definatly not with this install to my knowlege 3 db. .

thats my point... you know it take double the power to gain only 3DB... but somhow you found a way to get 10 DB out of the sky....

and i just cant seem to shut up here.. but if you have 8 grand in your car.. why wouldent you spend a 100 bucks on a new cell phone...

you should buy my custom nightshade, 18 unless your stuck on FI...... i used to run FI my self.

but good job....

Once I re cone my woofers you can come over and watch me break a 150. :)

His numbers are BS simple as that....... Took my buddy two 15"s on 6k to get into 50's from the trunk of his car and that was fart box.