djteks

yeaaaaa 150 db.

i dont see why it isnt possible, i was hitting a 145.3 with 1 12" bl on 900 watts clamped @ 42 hz out da trunk of the cavalier... now that bl is doing a 145.8 out the trunk of a civic in a burp box on 1100 clamped watts @ 52hz, so technically if you double cone area and double power, why wouldnt it be possible?

also i agree pics are in order, but i do believe you.

i dont see why it isnt possible, i was hitting a 145.3 with 1 12" bl on 900 watts clamped @ 42 hz out da trunk of the cavalier... now that bl is doing a 145.8 out the trunk of a civic in a burp box on 1100 clamped watts @ 52hz, so technically if you double cone area and double power, why wouldnt it be possible?

hahaha i was just lookin up ur youtube videos to post them...the one with 1 15 vs ur 12 both out of a trunk

Because that's theory, not reality.

I once saw a dude named jacob fuller do a 150+ on 1) 8 incher. lol :peepwall:

then double it all he should be hitting 290 db if you look at it that way

and i think a vid is what is needed.

well in truth i i still have a good deal more power to give....i could fry my bls np...i could still get alot more out of my amp even at 1 ohm...i have a kinetik 16v laying around and that too would do a great deal...

and for another thing i dont have a cell with a cam due to the fact that i have never needed one until now lol...

but even with this doubt.....im not going to go upgrade my phone....

i will be looking for a digital cam to get proof so im not even sure why at the point what i can only call haters keep bumpin their gums.....

and as far as this 10 db out of the sky...this is simply now true....i have it to give at any time...as i have said in almost all past posts....i was afraid to turn the bl's up...

i have still not seen 70 volume on my HU while the subs are on....i dont go past 65.....im not sure but i think i can go to 90 on the avn7000 might be 80...

i gain about a db from every time i raise my sub level from -6 to +6 i also gain a db boost from loudness...raising my EQ also does a small bit.....

and i have yet to touch the bass boost on the amp.......i like to keep all the things off....and that is 140 db.

definatly not with this install to my knowlege 3 db. .

thats my point... you know it take double the power to gain only 3DB... but somhow you found a way to get 10 DB out of the sky....

and i just cant seem to shut up here.. but if you have 8 grand in your car.. why wouldent you spend a 100 bucks on a new cell phone...

you should buy my custom nightshade, 18 unless your stuck on FI...... i used to run FI my self.

more than possible its fact....it seems to me some ppl did not hit 150 and now im taking heat but it is more than ok....i will turn the other cheek....i wont hold any grudge when all is said and done

na double would be like 149 in his setup lol but thats not my car...not my box....not my amp...all these things matter....

also im running a bit more than double power from him

more than possible its fact....it seems to me some ppl did not hit 150 and now im taking heat but it is more than ok....i will turn the other cheek....i wont hold any grudge when all is said and done

no one is doubting u because of that.its just ur hittin 140s and then u just turn up ur sub volume on the HU then ur hittin a 150,the ppl doubting u know their stuff, they notice when things sound wrong and with no proof they have reason to doubt.

shame for your buddy...........i belive there is a place online you can see a single bl 12 hit 147 or a lil higher.....

dont be mad.....get glad bruh.....i dont hate on you and yours...and right now you sounding really alot like a hater...

no doubt anything you put in a small toyota is gonna trump anything that i can stuff into a lincoln towncar trunk....

but thats not what im talking about...

im saying i have metered alot of cars trucks and SUV's with alot more equipment and alot more install experience.

and no one has ever broke 150 infront of me..

but good job....

im jelouse.. im sure alot of people are..... i hope you go on to break 155.

Once I re cone my woofers you can come over and watch me break a 150. :)

His numbers are BS simple as that....... Took my buddy two 15"s on 6k to get into 50's from the trunk of his car and that was fart box.

there will be plenty of pics and vids....

i plan to show all my installs in full always.. :werd_msword:

no no single sub systems on 3 K can hit 150's........

thats a fact... no doubt true.....

but they are not daily set ups,

not saying that there isent one out there somewhere...

the BLs are tough subs if played right... you can send 1500 to each daily and have any problems as long as its clean power....

i had a pair of BL's that i ran hard... and i sold them to a nother member who sold them to another member! great subs..

what you were using today was filty power..

but you already know that.......

perhaps i could have pulled a better score out of any of my runs.. but i never ran more then 4 clicks higher then what i do normaly.. and i change my HTZ level on my h/u....

sound like you were giving these subs all out hell trying to get a high score, and that takes balls i guess... i have never blown a sub, and i dont plan on it " crosses fingers" but i try to get a good score today and be able to play every day from here out... not leave with nothing.

if you did it great job.. if not shame on you....

o yeah i have another question.. where was your mic? im not up to date with mid westren

they guy sticks in to my driver window on the passenger side.......

and i know the power was dirty.....but i do run a clean 140 db.

i have heard i can get a bit more at the kick....but also from what i have heard that does not count..

also i heard windows have to be up for it to be how it would be done in a comp...not sure if this is true

and i am not running them like this daily...it was no more than 60 seconds....i dont want to blow my subs...but i have faith in fi's products...and no harm was done....just got a lil bit warm

no no single sub systems on 3 K can hit 150's........

thats a fact... no doubt true.....

but they are not daily set ups,

not saying that there isent one out there somewhere...

the BLs are tough subs if played right... you can send 1500 to each daily and have any problems as long as its clean power....

i had a pair of BL's that i ran hard... and i sold them to a nother member who sold them to another member! great subs..

what you were using today was filty power..

but you already know that.......

perhaps i could have pulled a better score out of any of my runs.. but i never ran more then 4 clicks higher then what i do normaly.. and i change my HTZ level on my h/u....

sound like you were giving these subs all out hell trying to get a high score, and that takes balls i guess... i have never blown a sub, and i dont plan on it " crosses fingers" but i try to get a good score today and be able to play every day from here out... not leave with nothing.

if you did it great job.. if not shame on you....

o yeah i have another question.. where was your mic? im not up to date with mid westren

Edited by djteks

Where was the mic placed? Was it a legit score, as in the mic was placed in the correct distances? I know you said the guy was there in the beginning to setup the TL but did he place the mic right for a proper score for a certain competition? I know anything is possible, and i bet your system pounds to post up a 150 anyways. Just want to make sure its a true score, thats all.

I was just throwing out the most extreme situation.

Where was the mic placed? Was it a legit score, as in the mic was placed in the correct distances? I know you said the guy was there in the beginning to setup the TL but did he place the mic right for a proper score for a certain competition? I know anything is possible, and i bet your system pounds to post up a 150 anyways. Just want to make sure its a true score, thats all.

If u want to make sure if its a true score i think u should wait for pics..

come again>?

the mic was placed at the front windsheild stuck onto it i think with suction cps

if im not trippin the TL mic is the lil box stuck to my windsheild right?

come again>?

come again>?

yeah no it does we were typing at the same time... the time line for fucked...

and the port was not lined up with the mic? like where the air moving was of course blowing right on the mic?

If you have really spent a lot of time tuning then i can see it being possible.

Metering on the dash gets u a higher score as my sanction requires at the headrest and that's VERY hard to get loud... but some of us still can :)

One thing i did see a bit odd though is the OP says his subs get hot even when just burping...

there's something wrong there if that's true.

I can burp a single DC Lvl4 rated at 1,000w on 7,000w of power and never get warm at all.

Common sense says they aren't seeing that power but i can guarantee it was helluva lot of clipping and that will heat subs up quicker than anything.

i'm actually making a test box fired at the mic in hopes to break 150 and higher with a single 15 for testing purposes to learn somethings about something...

shame for your buddy...........i belive there is a place online you can see a single bl 12 hit 147 or a lil higher.....

dont be mad.....get glad bruh.....i dont hate on you and yours...and right now you sounding really alot like a hater...

no doubt anything you put in a small toyota is gonna trump anything that i can stuff into a lincoln towncar trunk....

but thats not what im talking about...

im saying i have metered alot of cars trucks and SUV's with alot more equipment and alot more install experience.

and no one has ever broke 150 infront of me..

but good job....

im jelouse.. im sure alot of people are..... i hope you go on to break 155.

Once I re cone my woofers you can come over and watch me break a 150. :)

His numbers are BS simple as that....... Took my buddy two 15"s on 6k to get into 50's from the trunk of his car and that was fart box.

shame on my buddy? Who is a World Champ and multi time World Finals 2nd and 3rd place finisher. Oh and I just called and checked, it was a 153 with 6k. at 60ish HZ

Dude your lying through your teeth. Can someone just close this thread till pics are posted?

i know you cant do that in my events,

but shizzon is that legal in yours?

i have tryed head rest not for me!

in my class it is

port was center to the car in the back...the mic was in the front passenger side...so i dont think so...but there is a good deal of air so i cant say for sure...i can always feel the air tho...

come again>?

yeah no it does we were typing at the same time... the time line for fucked...

and the port was not lined up with the mic? like where the air moving was of course blowing right on the mic?