Dan208

Dan208's simple little system.

Here's my system. Not much exciting going on.

2008 Saturn Vue

Stock HU

Stock door speakers

MTX RFL600D

12" Adire Audio Shiva in 1.21 cubic feet sealed

The factory speakers sound pretty good, but are little harsh. I do plan on replacing them in the future, but they will hold me over for now. The HU will probably stay. Onto the pics.

100_1701.jpg

100_1702.jpg

100_2052.jpg

100_1977.jpg

100_1978.jpg

100_24111600x1200.jpg

Like I said, not much, but it will hold me over for a while. The bass knob is way under the dash and is kind of hard/dangerous to adjust while driving (most of my driving is done at 65 mph). I'd like to move it to the center console somewhere so it's right there within arms reach, but I'm not sure exactly how to go about doing it. I really don't want to drill/cut a big hole in it anywhere, so I'm trying to figure out if there's some way to remove the cigarette lighter and mount it there.

100_24431600x1200.jpg

Any ideas?

Edited by Dan208

Yeah you can do that, not to difficult actually.

Shivas?? Is that a MKIV? I used to run two of those and was pretty damn loud with them at the time. Please put that baby in that air conditioned place called your house, then feed her about 300 watts in a transmission line :) Shivas don't deserve to be left in the summer heat...

Shivas?? Is that a MKIV? I used to run two of those and was pretty damn loud with them at the time. Please put that baby in that air conditioned place called your house, then feed her about 300 watts in a transmission line :) Shivas don't deserve to be left in the summer heat...

I'm not sure, but I think it might be. It's about 5 or 6 years old. And yes, it does get damn loud for a single sub. It's the only sub that I've ever got to actually make my rearview mirror move out of place, and the box is sealed. I'd love to hook it up to my HT, but I don't have the time to build a box for it. I'll probably sell it when I get my new sub(s).

Velcro is your friend

:fing34:

Sweet, Shivas kicked ass back in the day.

Sweet, Shivas kicked ass back in the day.

Still does. :drink40: I'm still trying to decide if I want to get a new sub/subs or get a really nice custom ported box for this thing.

Finally, a little progress. Picked up my new box today. Sub should be here Tuesday. I'm going to try and find some time to get the bass knob moved next weekend.

100_31821600x1200.jpg

My daughter, hamming it up as usual:

100_31801600x1200.jpg

100_31811600x1200.jpg

Sweet!! More pics!!

Sweet!! More pics!!

Patience, young grasshopper. :) I'll definitely have more pics next week, and hopefully some videos by the weekend.

Whats the new subwoofer? :peepwall:

Whats the new subwoofer? :peepwall:

I beleive he said he had a DCON on the way? Clean install! Would be nice to see that bass knob in the center console. Maybe take the knob apart and mount it in the console.

Yep, a 10" Dcon. Still trying to figure out how to get the knob into the console without tearing it up too much.

Yep, a 10" Dcon. Still trying to figure out how to get the knob into the console without tearing it up too much.

We took apart our bass-knobs and it only takes 1 hole to mount through the center console, you will loose the light but if that is not an issue would probly work. Here is a pic of ours Hope that helps.

We took apart our bass-knobs and it only takes 1 hole to mount through the center console, you will loose the light but if that is not an issue would probly work. Here is a pic of ours Hope that helps.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. I'm not concerned about the light, because it's bright as hell. I had to put some electrical tape over it, as it was interfering with my driving. I just need to figure out how to get INTO the console.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. I'm not concerned about the light, because it's bright as hell. I had to put some electrical tape over it, as it was interfering with my driving. I just need to figure out how to get INTO the console.

Is there an insert that comes out under the arm rest of the center console, if not the the whole console will probly have to be lifted out to do it.

Is there an insert that comes out under the arm rest of the center console, if not the the whole console will probly have to be lifted out to do it.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to play around with it later today.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to play around with it later today.

Lookin' forward to seeing that part of your build completed!

Clean and simple, I like it!!:fing34:

Looks like you got bit by the audio bug already though........