jlftn

J.LFTN's Dual ZCON 18s on 4kW | New Box pg. 18

So my name is Josh LaFountain, and I drive 100% stock. Crazy I know, but after spending 4 years burping competition SPL setups in a Ranger, I had to take a leave from the hobby for college (it isn't cheap) but now I'm back.

I drive a 100% stock 2007 Chevy Silverado V8 4dr. and in a few weeks I'll be driving from Baton Rouge, LA to Phoenix (1496 miles!) where me and my brother Mark with do a complete audio overhaul. The idea is to build a ground pounder from scratch, going big the first time (#1 piece of advice I can offer to people starting the hobby). This will not be for burping one tone, or for pure spl competition. It's for everyday ground pounding, and maybe I'll compete in some street beat or something.

I've got 2 18" XCON D1's on order, and when I get to Phoenix, we'll get a head unit, amp, battery, wire, everything. We'll build the box (and this time it should look good since all my old boxes were for burping) and install everything while I'm in town. Out with the backseat, lame ass stock stereo, and in with a monster!

So onto the ugly (I mean stock) pics...

DSCN0659.jpg

DSCN0660.jpg

DSCN0661.jpg

DSCN0662.jpg

DSCN0663.jpg

So the install will happen in about 2 1/2 weeks. In the meantime, since I've been out of the loop for almost 3 years, I would like to get everyone's opinion on head-units, mids, amps, batteries, etc. I have a pretty good idea, but this market changes so fast that everything I used a few years ago could be obsolete.

Stay in tune, updates will be posted regularly and the entire install will be shown!

And heres a few teaser pics of my old setup...R.I.P.

Picture014.jpg

IMG00085.jpg

IMG00087.jpg

Can't beat sundown amps:P

I love Alpine decks Such as my old one ida x-202 which is a media HU (only did mp3, ipod/iphone, and radio)

and batteries of course Xs :D

How did you like the Goliath's? always wondered how they performed.

goliaths are beasts, but tempermental, gotta baby em a little. Kind of volatile if that make sense. If you can "tame the beast" they are nuts. I ran my .5ohm daily no probs and burped .25ohm a couple time lol

Thats what i had thought, do they not like low voltage drops?

that, and 5000 watts is never really easy to play with, but the get real hot IME

I saw plenty of those amps go *poof* in competition. This is a big addition to TeamSSA.

haha,

For the Xcons i'd go with a Sundown Audio 35000d. That's what i was going to get if i was gonna get the Xcons, i'll be doing 3 10's in an 11' mustang ;).

Are you going to do a double din touch screen or just a regular single din player?

I saw plenty of those amps go *poof* in competition. This is a big addition to TeamSSA.

yep, doesnt surprise me! and im looking forward to being a nice addition!

haha,

For the Xcons i'd go with a Sundown Audio 35000d. That's what i was going to get if i was gonna get the Xcons, i'll be doing 3 10's in an 11' mustang ;).

Are you going to do a double din touch screen or just a regular single din player?

Im not sure, I'd prefer a double din, but it depends on the prices etc. 3 10s in a mustang should be nice!

I cant wait to hear me some Xcons in Baton Rouge!

Looks like some fun's a brewin' !! :popcorn:

Wish I was close enough to help.... :peepwall:

I cant wait to hear me some Xcons in Baton Rouge!

Oh man, I didn't know you where in Baton Rouge. Happy Birthday btw :suicide-santa:

You dont pay attention at all! ;)

And ಠ_ಠ

For the Mardi Gras tournaments over the years, i always stayed at the Days Inn right off of 12.

Looks like it will be a good build!

Happy birthday dvalue :P

Looking good man. I know mark is pumped about this build!!! I just hope i will know when you are in town and can lend a hand, mark doesnt call me much about builds anymore, since we now live on opposite sides of the world!!! But i might have to make it a guys weekend!! :D

Baton Rouge ...

Not that far to drive. Might have to check this one out in person. :drink40:

I think the USACI world finals is in Shreveort this year. Will it be built by then ??

Looking good man. I know mark is pumped about this build!!! I just hope i will know when you are in town and can lend a hand, mark doesnt call me much about builds anymore, since we now live on opposite sides of the world!!! But i might have to make it a guys weekend!! :D

I'll be in town the June 27th-July 3rd

Baton Rouge ...

Not that far to drive. Might have to check this one out in person. :drink40:

I think the USACI world finals is in Shreveort this year. Will it be built by then ??

I'm not sure I've been out of the loop lately but that would be awesome! It will be built by July 4th!

yep Shreveport Oct15-17th

So are you going to go to Scrapin for a day or two?