Sign in to follow this  
Dan208

Midwest SPL in Lawrence, KS 6/12/10

Anyone going to the show at Car Toyz in Lawrence this Saturday? I'm gonna try to make it. Starts at 12:00.

Anyone going to the show at Car Toyz in Lawrence this Saturday? I'm gonna try to make it. Starts at 12:00.

im going to try to go but i dont know where its at

Hell yeah I've been hopin somethin woul pop up before the July show at autosound.

If I remember right it's on 23rd street a few blocks west of mass in a shopping center. They had free hot dogs and sodas last year. Not much but dinner was hella cheap THE night.

I'll double check on the address and post back year in a bit

711 w 23rd st. It's in the shopping center pretty much on the corner of Louisiana and 23rd. Louisiana is the first major street west of mass. Seems like there is a pretty cool little pet shop there too buy I can't remember for sure.

What class you guys running?

I'm gonna do local 1 again and see if I can't get close to a 145. If I do well I'm gonna try to jump to trunk or basic two for the rest of the year.

yeah i may be up there, there's a show for NW audio in this section also. supposed to be huge.

I just checked all the results for the season and I have the 5th highest score in local 1. It was a nice cool day when I hit that 143 and I bet it's gonna be hot as hell Saturday. I really hope I get my testing done tomorrow, was suppose to be on the meter today but pissed it off.

I'm gonna really push my sub this weekend and see if I can't top the charts in the local 1 class.

I'm stoked

711 w 23rd st. It's in the shopping center pretty much on the corner of Louisiana and 23rd. Louisiana is the first major street west of mass. Seems like there is a pretty cool little pet shop there too buy I can't remember for sure.

What class you guys running?

I'm gonna do local 1 again and see if I can't get close to a 145. If I do well I'm gonna try to jump to trunk or basic two for the rest of the year.

Yeah, Pet World. My friend manages it. Wheat State pizza is also in that shopping area, it's good stuff.

I'm not going. I'll be out of town, plus I left the SPL scene years ago.

Turner-I just realized you're from Topeka. I'm only about 45 minutes from you.

I'll be there as a spectator, as I don't compete. I wouldn't mind getting metered sometime, though.

I'll be there as a spectator, as I don't compete. I wouldn't mind getting metered sometime, though.

I've got a friend here in town that has tl but I just found out his laptop is not running so no testing before the show. He's way cool about getting together for meter time though. If you are gonna be there why not enter and get metered? It is 25 bucks so that is a downside.

Are you around the Ottawa area?

I've got a friend here in town that has tl but I just found out his laptop is not running so no testing before the show. He's way cool about getting together for meter time though. If you are gonna be there why not enter and get metered? It is 25 bucks so that is a downside.

Are you around the Ottawa area?

I'd thought about it, but my system still isn't dialed in to where I want it (been super busy lately). Plus, I've never entered a show before, so I'm a little skeered. :peepwall:

I'm south of Topeka and west of Ottawa, about halfway between the two. A small town called Osage City.

Oh yeah I know where Osage is at. I use to live in Emporia before moving to Topeka. My folks still live down there and I cruise through Osage sometimes when I take the back roads.

I tell you what- my very first comp my girlfriend and I drove clear out to Union Mo and I was freaking out but once you get in there and do it it's not so bad.

I know Steve pretty good and the guys at the comps are usually more helpful then not.

If you are gonna be there we can get together before you run and I can help you out when you get in the lane.

I've got a Midwest cd somewhere but ripped it to my USB drive so I'm not sure where it's at. They will let you borrow a cd for your runs.

They will give you a couple 3 maybe 4 shots in qualifying. So you can run a sweep and check your peak freq and then burp around that area for he highest score.

What equipment are you running?

What equipment are you running?

Damnit, I keep forgetting to add it to my signature. Anyway, stock HU and stock door speakers for now, an MTX RFL600D and a 12" Adire Audio Shiva in a sealed box. Not much, but it does the job.

We would be in the same class if you did compete. I'm running so late I hope I make it in time to qualify

Did not hit as high as I wanted but 142 was enough for first place in local 1

Did not hit as high as I wanted but 142 was enough for first place in local 1

Nice. I've got so much going on here that I wasn't able to cut myself loose. I'm going to make it to the show in Ottawa next Saturday though, come hell or high water. Hopefully I can get some tuning done this week.

I'm kinda baffled by my numbers. At the last comp I hit a 143 on 768w. That was volume 20. Today I had it turned up to 27 and hit 142.6 in qualifying round. Clamping is not required in local class but I did it last time to get an idea.

Hopefully I can get some tuning done this week and get my shit figured out.

145 might be out of reach but I'd like to at least hit 44.