imhungnurnot

MidBass Drivers for my Kicks?

I don't think you realize what you are going to have to do near your kick panel area to make a pod. There is a lot of cutting involved and it is a bitch! The only people that fabricate kick panels are people who are going for optimum sound quality. A mid and tweet is usually put in a pod. I highly recommend you take this to a reputable shop to get done as it is not something you want to start as part of your first fiberglass job either.

? I have kick panels from the junk yard, and if the pods dont look so great, I'll just wrap them with carpet so you can't see the imperfections..

What are the advantages of large format tweeters? I have always used the small format type 1" dome tweeters.

Availability is a huge one. WAY more quality drivers built in the large format. A low Fs comes much cheaper as well. Both HUGE in the world of car audio IMO.

I'd also add that if I could fit a large format tweet (which if you do kicks should be easy) I wouldn't even think of the H1396. Great tweeter for what it is, but again there are many better choices depending on your needs.

So what large format tweets would you recommend?

Depends on your goals, budget, processing, mounting locations, and skill.

Needs to be loud and sound smooth (no harsh sounds from the tweet), 35 bucks a tweet, mounted in the kicks with mli-65s, processing viz cda-9855, as much skill needed to do some glass work..

I don't think you realize what you are going to have to do near your kick panel area to make a pod. There is a lot of cutting involved and it is a bitch! The only people that fabricate kick panels are people who are going for optimum sound quality. A mid and tweet is usually put in a pod. I highly recommend you take this to a reputable shop to get done as it is not something you want to start as part of your first fiberglass job either.

? I have kick panels from the junk yard, and if the pods dont look so great, I'll just wrap them with carpet so you can't see the imperfections..

There is more to it than that. You need to basically fiberglass the pod onto the metal floor of the car. You then have to vent the pod somewhere to get enough volume or your speaker will be choked. In order to do this cutting of sheet metal is usually involved =(

There is more to it than that. You need to basically fiberglass the pod onto the metal floor of the car. You then have to vent the pod somewhere to get enough volume or your speaker will be choked. In order to do this cutting of sheet metal is usually involved =(

There is already a hole in the metal behind my kick :) its about 3x4 inches i guess.. but that will be plenty..