CAP50 - Alumapro 50 Farad Capacitor/Distribution Center

Whats your oppinions on these? This guy I work with used to be a car audio installer, and we were talking today and he was swearing by this saying that is was better than a regular capacitor, better than a battery. He was saying it keeps your voltage at 14.4 no matter what. I was just wondering if anyone here has used them or has any first hand experience them offer up your oppinions. No I don't believe in capacitors Im not a cap fanatic or anything but he swore up and down it was different so I just figured it'd be worth it to get you guys oppinions.

Plugging in wires being an "installer" doesn't make you right ;)

What the heck though... (4) 1/0 gauge inputs?

1500 bucks it better give me a handy while driving.

1500 bucks it better give me a handy while driving.

and a BJ while idling :peepwall:

Not a sloppy BJ either, I want the best damn BJ of my life, whenever I want till I die!

Not a sloppy BJ either, I want the best damn BJ of my life, whenever I want till I die!

Kind like Britt :fing34:

That price would pay for my alt. and a rack of bats.!!!

My most recent ex's BJ's were TONS better, Britt was okay, better vag than mouth :D

My most recent ex's BJ's were TONS better, Britt was okay, better vag than mouth :D

LOL :gayhaaay1:

That's crazy. It has to be some type of low resistance battery and cap hybrid I would figure. I don't trust things like that, but I've never tried one. I wonder how long it takes to charge and discharge.

I do remember there was a spl oriented amp a long time ago called the "drag queen" That stored huge amounts of power. The amp was eventually banned from competition. This was a 10,000 watt amp (20,000 WATT BURST) in 2000, so SHE WAS A MONSTER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS

Harrison Labs 10,000watt "Drag Queen" amp, anyone using this ? - CARSOUND.COM Forum

Edited by mr.sagat

I honestly said the same thing when I saw the price. I was just curious about it.

Damn 7 replies in like 20 min.

So im guessing you all have heard the "hype" or not?

Edited by CrownVic

Its just that every time someone mentions a cap we have to jump in and quickly fix the situation.

We need to have some of the more experienced guys in here, I personally am not going to drop $1.5K on a capacitor, or any capacitor for that matter.

Waste of money !!! Use extra batteries please.

If you just want to throw away 1500, head to your local strip joint. (or give it to me) I'll go to the strip club. :drink40:

I stated in my OP that I don't believe in capacitors and I wouldn't use one if it was free. I was just curious to hear some oppinions or if anyone had any first hand experience. Also i thought there had to be something useful about it for that much damn money.

Whenever you apply a bandaid it is best to understand the cause of the wound first. Without application it is crazy to discuss anything. Obviously there is no end all and that piece is a big joke.

1500 $ ? Damn

I could do a lot of things with that money !!!

At least a big batt under the hood, and 2 others in the trunk !!!

yeah $1500 is too much for that., But i have the C.A.P. 5 and it's great, i've had it for 10 years, with no problem whats ever, it even discharges the power to the amps with the car is off. BIG PLUS!!!! . Car Sound Mag did a review on it about 9-10 years ago.

Edited by corrie3232

its a sad day when somebody is trying to charge $1500 for a cap.

Alot of people are really uneducated about what their for.