DylanH

DP 21" Daily?

I'm looking at getting a single Death Penalty 21" for a daily driver. What would you guys recommend for an amp?

The IA 20.1 would be a great match!

What is the budget?

Ummmm, as cheap as possible to power this beast. I have a 270 amp alt and I'll get whatever batteries I need

Don't skimp on the amp!

Sundown is a great amp .... The SAZ-1000D, SAZ-1500D or the all new SAX-1200D would be great on that sub.

Other choices are Audiopipe, Audioque, Crecsendo, Kicker, Rockford ... etc!

Check out the Classifieds section here for some great deals on amps.

1500 rms will be fine

Would it do good on an AudioQue 2200D? I see people running the 3000D's so I figure this is right in the middle

Edited by DylanH

tongue.gif

But on a serious note read over the testing and results of the new SAZ-2500D compared to the old SAZ-2000D. It is close to output as the old SAZ-3000D.

My vote is an used SAZ-1500D for around 300$ and use the other money on batteries, wire, deadning, front stage... etc. :)

My vote is an used SAZ-1500D for around 300$ and use the other money on batteries, wire, deadning, front stage... etc. :)

Thats why I wanted to do an AQ 2200D But now that I think about it I could just do like a Sundown 1500D for awhile then I can just add a second one and strap them together onto the 21" DP. Or will it take that power?

Edited by DylanH

Most of the people I have asked tell me that too much power for DAILY is kinda wasted money. You are doubling your expenses. One more amp, more wire, more juice... for what? Your ears won't hear much of a difference. ;)

Edited by The enD

Just get the AQ2200d. I have one on an 18" BTL and I like it alot. It doesn't get hot running at one ohm daily and Im able to run it on almost stock electrical.

Okay, so as long as no one has any objections I'm gonna go with the AQ 2200d

This thing should blow my 2 12" Type R's on an Alpine Mrp-M1000 out of the water right? What size box should I do running an AQ 2200d also what should I tune it to for a good daily that will SLAM the lows

This thing should blow my 2 12" Type R's on an Alpine Mrp-M1000 out of the water right? What size box should I do running an AQ 2200d also what should I tune it to for a good daily that will SLAM the lows

I would go with the average enclosure size of 8.5cubes and I would tune between 28-30hz for the low end. I also wouldn't go bigger than that if you plan on adding more power in the future. I own two of the DP21's and I am building and enclosure thats 22cubes net. volume. It should come out around 17cubes or a little greater after port,speaker,and bracing disp. I will also be running two Crunch GP3000D-PROs @ 0.5ohm when Im done. I already have one that I will be using to break them in.