sundownz

Sundown CRX #2

Some may recognize it :)

CIMG3837.JPG

CIMG3838.JPG

* 8 runs of + and 8 runs of - wire... getting new custom copper blocks made for the battery (XS Power D3100).

CIMG3839.JPG

CIMG3840.JPG

CIMG3841.JPG

Street-B is the goal for this car.

Should be fun ! Something I've never tried.

Oh God. Gonna be bustin some heads I see.

What is the plan for this ride? Street B is 1 battery setup correct?

Nice looking CRX!

What is the plan for this ride? Street B is 1 battery setup correct?

Nice looking CRX!

Yes, one large battery... this particular car was already one of the loudest in the USA in Street-A and B (A requires a smaller battery).

This car is alot tighter than my other CRX... peaks higher too. Should be better for this purpose.

:droolcup: cant wait to see what this can do!

Gimmie a REX!

Nice. Are you going to be drawing more than 300 amps from the battery (if even possible)...What's the purpose of 8 runs of 0 gauge if not?

well that crx should of never been allowed in any street class!

Why is that ?

Nice. Are you going to be drawing more than 300 amps from the battery (if even possible)...What's the purpose of 8 runs of 0 gauge if not?

Alot more than 300 amps... the higher runs of wire lower resistance -- that is important for efficiency on one battery.

Why is that ?

because your not allowed to beat the fender in the get a bigger battery under the hood!

makes you wonder what other rules they broke to get the big numbers???

Why is that ?

because your not allowed to beat the fender in the get a bigger battery under the hood!

That is allowed... otherwise nobody would have a battery this size in a CRX under the hood.

Per dB Drag Rules :

6-8i -- "The primary battery must be located in the same general area as the OEM battery location. (For example, if the OEM battery location is under the hood, the primary battery must be located under the hood as well. Aftermarket battery trays and/or custom fabricated battery brackets may be installed provided no other applicable rules are violated.)"

* It is a custom fabricated "battery tray"... that is also not defined as a modification to the vehicle skin (per the following):

"Modifications to the external OEM "skin" (body) of the vehicle are not permitted if the modification in question will result in a change in the vehicle's interior volume. The dBDRA defines the "skin" of the vehicle as the external shell (top, front, back, and sides) of the vehicle's OEM body that gives the vehicle its distinctive appearance. This is also the part of the vehicle that is normally painted. The underside or undercarriage of the vehicle is not considered to be a part of the OEM "skin"."

"Modifications that are strictly cosmetic in nature, or that do not affect the internal volume of the vehicle are permissible. "

* That part of the vehicle is the under-carriage and does not change the internal vehicle volume.

Why is that ?

That is allowed... otherwise nobody would have a battery this size in a CRX under the hood.

Per dB Drag Rules :

6-8i -- "The primary battery must be located in the same general area as the OEM battery location. (For example, if the OEM battery location is under the hood, the primary battery must be located under the hood as well. Aftermarket battery trays and/or custom fabricated battery brackets may be installed provided no other applicable rules are violated.)"

* It is a custom fabricated "battery tray"... that is also not defined as a modification to the vehicle skin (per the following):

"Modifications to the external OEM "skin" (body) of the vehicle are not permitted if the modification in question will result in a change in the vehicle's interior volume. The dBDRA defines the "skin" of the vehicle as the external shell (top, front, back, and sides) of the vehicle's OEM body that gives the vehicle its distinctive appearance. This is also the part of the vehicle that is normally painted. The underside or undercarriage of the vehicle is not considered to be a part of the OEM "skin"."

"Modifications that are strictly cosmetic in nature, or that do not affect the internal volume of the vehicle are permissible. "

* That part of the vehicle is the under-carriage and does not change the internal vehicle volume.

I want to come play with it jacob!

Edited by Eagle

Why is that ?

Per dB Drag Rules :

well i retract my earlier statement LOL.BUT if you go on the sundown team section and look at "willis" ME I had a nsb90 under the hood without smashing in the fender the only thing i had to do was move a relay about 6 inchs!

i thought i included that picture I'll have to find it and post it

Edited by stevew007

I am impressed by that *laughs* I'll have to check it out for sure... this thing barely fits... the AC lines are really all up in it's business along with the distributor cap and plug wires.

I am impressed by that *laughs* I'll have to check it out for sure... this thing barely fits... the AC lines are really all up in it's business along with the distributor cap and plug wires.

i had to move the relay and take out the bright's headlight bulb

DSC02027.jpg

now you can put in the electric fan from a acura and get the battery in the way you have it without smashing in the fender also. when i had that battery in there was a rule about the batts how you could not change anything to add a bigger battery

Edited by stevew007

Now I need to say something. First, there is always a critic out there about everything that is done. And it is usually given by people who never make it pass first base. This type of so called modification, has been done in dbdrag for years. In alot of CRX's there has been some sort of change in the battery section by elite Street Class dbdraggers

1. Brad Faggard

2. Terry Brocks

3. Team Neo Eric

4. Team Neo Vernon

5. Mike Sharitka

6.........So one and so on!

As long as you dont make any modifications to the car, that will cause the interior space to decrease, you can do what you want. And also you can do cosmetic changes to the exterior or interior as to make the care have a better appearance. And also....I will challenge any one to check out that crx for any rule braking modifications. Cause I will tell you, if any one was at finals in 2008, When I broke the 155.4 mark in street A, those mofos removed my panels, removed the headliner and checked for batts in the amps. And when I hit a score of 155.9 with one 12, at a 3x event in 2009, they checked it again......and again nothing!!

And this little remark.......

Totally wrong!!! Ya need to know your rules before you open your mouth!!!

Edited by Team Man-Up (Ray)

There is always a critic/hater somewhere. F--k it I'll say it, I don't care, I just want to hear this thing once it's done. I don't own a rex, have never owned a rex so I don't know the in's and out's but what I do know is that with the mad scientist of SPL behind the scene, this rex should be outrageous.

Now I need to say something. First, there is always a critic out there about everything that is done. And it is usually given by people who never make it pass first base. This type of so called modification, has been done in dbdrag for years. In alot of CRX's there has been some sort of change in the battery section by elite Street Class dbdraggers

1. Brad Faggard

2. Terry Brocks

3. Team Neo Eric

4. Team Neo Vernon

5. Mike Sharitka

6.........So one and so on!

As long as you dont make any modifications to the car, that will cause the interior space to decrease, you can do what you want. And also you can do cosmetic changes to the exterior or interior as to make the care have a better appearance. And also....I will challenge any one to check out that crx for any rule braking modifications. Cause I will tell you, if any one was at finals in 2008, When I broke the 155.4 mark in street A, those mofos removed my panels, removed the headliner and checked for batts in the amps. And when I hit a score of 155.9 with one 12, at a 3x event in 2009, they checked it again......and again nothing!!

And this little remark.......

Totally wrong!!! Ya need to know your rules before you open your mouth!!!

wow take a chill pill!!!!!

when i got my first crx and started to do homework on the batt there was a ton of BS about pounding in the fender. there were judges that would not let you do it there was some that said screw it.I'm pretty sure there was a rule about it also.maybe they did change it I dont know. theres not enough dbdrag around me to even look at the rules anymore. so goodluck