Godsmack

In about a year

Looking at adding another car (maybe 2) to my garage. I am looking at a CRX as an audio car and then I want a daily driver for AZ. Something with some good power, manual, power windows and either already with nav or I can always add one on.

What I am looking at is a 2009(ish) Dodge Challenger R/T edition with the V8. I figure I can easily get one for about 18k in cash. I plan on spending between 14k and 22k on this new toy. This doesnt include rims (if needed), tint or exhust. I will not buy asian autos, and prefer, Dodge, BMW, or Ford. Not much of a Bow Tie kinda guy, and this is for me, not the wife so its gotta be fast enough to easily do something stupid in and fun to drive daily. I does want god awful fill the tank every 20 miles MPG's but I dont need prius milage either.

Any opinions here guys? Definatly want to stay 2005 and newer. With the exception of the asian makers (honda, scion, nissan) I am open to most anything.

J

volkswagon? my buddy got one and he loves it. He has a volkswagon gli. its like the sports edition on a jetta. He also gets about 34 mpg highway.

Volvo s60 they have a 300Hp engine and its a VOLVO!!! what could be bad about it!

I have a CRX you can buy!!! ;D Hows life over there man!!??

x2 on the GTI.

And boo, no love for honda... :) Ever thought about the Honda S2000?

Check out subaru wrx or even the STI :D All wheel drive madness.

98+ LS1 Powered Camaro .. Easily made VERY fast, and underrated.

You can get a corvette for around 18k, throw a procharger on it for a few grand and you'll spank most cars.

I like the Dodge idea.

As for German cars, the Audi's have the ability to be very fast. Get a 1.8t stroke it to 2.0+ litre and thrwo 20lbs at it.

Sorry, I am more familiar with older cars, not so much the new ones.

EDIT: You said no japan cars, but

Subaru's are GREAT

Nsx, throw some boost at it.

Mk IV Supra.

You can make just about any car fast, just depends on your money and style.

Edited by Dutchie.

Ever thought M3 this one is pretty hot!! Autotrader M3 Or even an M5 would be great, about 10Cyl 7speed beast right here!!! Nice M5 But i guess you have a little while to look and research!

Id say a 2010 VW Passat. The Germans are awesome auto makers and I have owned two VW Passat in my time. One (year 94) went at 245k miles and I am sure that the accident it was in is what did the engine in =P (some idiot side swiped it just in front of the A post while it was parked at 3am). Plus the 2010 VW passat looks very classy and fast at the same time. You can get it with any stage turbo you want.... Even if it may be out of yoru price range a hair, I would still go fo it. My 2003 VW Passat right now is still running like that day we got it with 100 miles (now has 85k).

acura tl type s

x2 my dad has one and I hit 160 on the highway on it hehe. If you can find the 08 one they have nav and 6 cd changer.

Are you going to buy the Dodge through AAFES?

Ok in a quick reply here you guys go:

Over here isnt bad. Nice amenities but the shit we really need is a PITA to get.

Just never been a fan of asian cars. Loved my CRX and my Integra. Thats it. Others have disgusted me.

Only looking 05+ beacuse I really want low miles, stable parts, and something I'll enjoy. I know repairs can be expensive, but its the goal area.

And yes plenty of time to look and decide, it all comes down to money.

J

acura tl type s

x2 my dad has one and I hit 160 on the highway on it hehe. If you can find the 08 one they have nav and 6 cd changer.

Its still a honda, which he doesn't want.

X2 on an Audi. :drink40:

The new Ford Taurus SHO is supposed to be a 300+ hp V6, low in the pricerange too from what I hear.

The new Ford Taurus SHO is supposed to be a 300+ hp V6, low in the pricerange too from what I hear.

Drives nice too. A little more power would make it really sweet.

The SHO COULD be an option for for me the Taurus always had a stigma about it..........It was just so..............cheap where I was raised.

J

I Like the new chargers....my cousin just got one a while back and loves it. His is all stock and it looks great, it would look amazing with after market rims.

Charger

The SHO COULD be an option for for me the Taurus always had a stigma about it..........It was just so..............cheap where I was raised.

J

If the new Taurus are as good as the old ones, they're practically indestructible. Between my grandmother's second gen and my sister's third gen (before they sold them) there was ~500k miles, more than few hurricanes (garage? whats that for?), torrential downpours, streets flooded until the water came up to the door sills, you name it they survived it; freakin' tanks I tells ya...

They do survive alot, and are built to last, but I have never liked their style or their comfort level. This new car is all about what I want. Speed, looks, and handling are the name of the game. IF and I stress that again IF I go anything outside of this, its another SUV so I can build a HUGE system, but I doubt that one.

J

Starting to look more and more like an SUV........LOVING the idea of an Expedition EL.........No third row, no drop down DVD in this. 4 15" subs 10kw on them........sounds like fun eh?

J