Aaron Clinton

SSA's Daily fitness iHop

did another arms/abs day today.

bicep curls/skull crushers/crunches/leg raises/weighted oblique twists/pike crunches.

alternating bicep/triceps/abs for supersets.

7 supersets total, for 45 minutes total.

went for a jog this morning, not really a runner at all. did better than I thought, but not as good as I would like. did some quick ab work once I got back to the house.

Well, been a bit since last posting. So, time for an update. Started back at working out this time last year, with the goal of being between 195-200 lbs. Before I turned 30 (back in August). Was weighing in at 227 lbs 1 year ago.

Glad to say, since a week before my birthday, I have been consistently in that range.

Since September (both kids now in school), I have switched to a Mon to Fri routine, and working on tone and definition.

Feels awesome.

Just hammering some bicep/tricep for today. Feeling great.

I'm still lifting, but the frequency is lower due to just too much life/work and nagging knee injury.  Due to not going full blast as usual, I have stopped logging the lifts and just focus on a circuit or two groups to keep it simple for now until I can go at it once again.

I have not stopped going to the gym... added some equipment to the home training .. Gym is 5 days a week but I need more cardio but once I go to the gym I look at weights then cardio area... then weights... then cardio area... then weights and WEIGHTS it is!!!!!

Still hitting the gym 5-6 days a week.

Weighing in @192.5 lbs in the morning.  Versus the 227.5 lbs of 2 years ago

Now I'm going to start to shift my focus to moving more weight, as opposed to losing weight.

I've made some very sustainable changes to my diet/lifestyle.  So things are on the up and up.

Did a fun arm workout today.  Called "the fours" if you look up Damien Patrick on YouTube, it's his workout.

Edited by nigel

i focus more on barbell style lifts in the last year or so... Haven't done an actual arm workout in a long time... tris are the only thing I hit sometimes on chest/OHP days.... but bis I just incorporate different grips to activate especially on

On 6/10/2016 at 2:50 PM, nigel said:

Still hitting the gym 5-6 days a week.

Weighing in @192.5 lbs in the morning.  Versus the 227.5 lbs of 2 years ago

Now I'm going to start to shift my focus to moving more weight, as opposed to losing weight.

I've made some very sustainable changes to my diet/lifestyle.  So things are on the up and up.

Did a fun arm workout today.  Called "the fours" if you look up Damien Patrick on YouTube, it's his workout.

back concentrated workouts

Always changing my grip on back days.  But have always found my arms/biceps to be lacking.  And so now focus them one day a week.

I am constantly changing routines and incorporating new/different exercises . 

Still lifting, but down to maybe 2 days a week with how much work and driving I have had the last few months.

still doing weight training 5 days per week (Monday - Friday)

trying to get in a 20-25 minute HIIT workout at least 3x per week (dependant on work schedule etc.)

Volleyball on Tuesday nights for 1.5 hrs

And try to get on a treadmill or elliptical for a more extended LISS endurance run once per week, if I can manage it.

I haven't lost any weight in about a year now, so I think I'm sitting at my optimal weight (195-200 lbs), but my body composition has definitely changed.  Getting more muscle tone for sure, and the waist is thinner.  Aiming to maybe for the first time in my life have some visible abdominals in the next 6 months hopefully.  But we'll see.

That sounds like a good routine and progress to me.

Been hitting 4-5 times a week. 2x a week for chest concentrated day benching and heavier lifts one day the other focused on low weight higher reps and 2x a week for legs squatting and sumo deads day with a little accessory then another day with machine focused exercises still squats/leg curls/extensions and farmer walks

FYI I eat disgusting so most of my work is starting from a deficit if you know what I mean... lmao... I tried to lose weight and in the same day gave up and had a shyt ton of chicken cheese steaks... lol

started doing a 4 day/week total body workout.

This is week 6 of it, liking it.  after this week I need to tweak it.

it is a 3 workouts over 4 days routine. 

week one goes 1,2,3,1

week 2 goes 2,3,1,2  and so on.

working out mon, tues, thurs, fri

Cardio on Wednesdays, and at least 2 other days when possible.

My Tuesday's lately have been kicking my butt. :(

19 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

My Tuesday's lately have been kicking my butt. :(

Getting older man.  

Well I don't lift any more but I work 2 jobs and one of them is physically demanding so that alone keeps me strong. Not only do the cars get buff I do to. 

This afternoon will be my first day back in 1.5 weeks, flu + asthma = severe asskicking!

Just prior, was lifting/running 2 days, rest, 2 days, rest 2. I stretch and run for 20 minutes just before lifting. I've still got gut to lose and other gains to make..lol.

At 46, I'm in better shape then my 20's, save cardio. Also, I'm 50pds heavier, so only grabbing the rim now...lol.

that's good to hear you are keeping it on track.  Need to have a rest with being hit by the flu.  Probably a bit of a drop in strength but nothing you won't quickly overcome.

my cardio has been lacking this winter as well... but will soon be getting back on track for that myself as well.

Got off work early so I did a jog. Used the elevation mask. Boy was it hot. On the way back I was feeling it. Lol. 

C7EFC21F-FFF0-40BF-8375-44E5D0783233.png

way to go on having the energy to jog.  I can never bring myself to do any jogging past about the 2 mile mark maybe once every other month.  Just can't bring myself to keep going. 

Got arms and run in last night. Run definitely getting easier...which is a good thing. Trying to change departments, involves some running for the physical testing.

I used to hate jogging. But the more you do it you’ll get it. I started jogging last year and I was the typical 1mile is more than enough for the average guy mindset.  

Just go your own pace and jog somewhere new so you can check out the scene and maybe it’ll make it more enjoyable. Also, try to jog in a straight line type of setting. Because I used to jog around my block and tha can get super boring going in a circle multiple times to get the distance. 

2 years ago i tried to get into jogging with my oldest son.  We were doing an average of 1.5 - 2 miles a day 4-5 times per week.  

We were going at his pace (he was 7 at the time)  so too slow ofa pace for my stride, but we averaged 15 - 18 minutes per jog.

I tried getting out on my own a couple of times, and once did a 4 mile jog with a friend, but just couldn't find the motivation for continuing.