Aaron Clinton

SSA's Daily fitness iHop

Well done.  I generally stick to a Monday to Saturday routine now.  Unless something comes up that I have to miss a day.

Doing a simple PPL split twice weekly, so even if I miss a day, I'll still have done that working group once for the week.

Generally just switch the main focus from first to second workout for the week (ie. Mon chest focus push, Thu shoulder/overhead focus push). So that no single muscle is too fatigued and to prevent overuse injury.  Still hit all muscles in that days group.

Been on a very steady streak here.  Took yesterday off and there was just too much work and stress.  Today will be plenty of exercise, including another peloton ride with friends.   

Awesome. Good to hear. Started a GVT routine yesterday, so barbell bench and pull ups were the 2 exercises, then did some band work, Pilates ball ab work and skipping to round out my morning fitness routine.

Today's sole GVT exercise was barbell overhead press, then did some Yates row, cable work, incline db press, lat raises and bi/tri work.

Tomorrow will be legs (squats and RDL's)

Then Thursday start repeat of above.  OHP day is being used for accessory work not present in the big lifts.

Edited by nigel

Peloton rides are so much harder when you have friends doing the same class at the same time and they are chasing you the whole way.

That's neat how that works.  Awesome to be able to hop on your bike at home and still connect with friends, especially with the current situation.

Been on a pretty hot run here of at least a lift or peloton ride almost everyday.

Keep at it.  Always good to hear of others taking care of themselves.

Worked from 7 am - 11 pm yesterday, so it was a day off for me.

I try to stick to strength training 6 days/week and try to fit in some sort of conditioning/cardio 3-4 times per week.

Did a chest/back day today. All supersets.

Incline db press / pendlay rows

Barbell floor press / weighted pull ups

Incline db flys / cable lat pullover

Incline pushups / parallel grip pull downs

Edited by nigel

Set back to back PR's on the peloton.

Been on a 3 week long, averaging 100 push up's a day just to see what it does.  A few years ago, for about 2 days, I was able to do 100 in one go.  I would like to get back there.

Keep at it.

I'm onto an adjusted summertime routine. Not hitting it as hard. Did a 4 day week this week. Still got in everything I wanted.  Just spending a lot of time camping with the family.

Upper push today.

Incline bench

Standing barbell OHP

Weighted dips

Superset: cable fly with standing dumbbell OHP

Superset: pike press with push ups

Last set of the workout I couldn't make it past 12 push ups I was so exhausted.  Felt great.

Since June 29th, still doing 100 push ups a day and 50 squats.  All body weight, but it is maintaining.

Still doing the push ups and squats, adding in more Peloton rides and pull ups.

Christmas was fitness themed for me this year.

Got a new flat bench, weight lifting belt, dip/pull up belt, wrist wraps, bar pad (great for doing glute/ham bridges), 3 jugs of pre-work out, 2.2 lbs of creatine, 2 jugs of eaa's.  All stocked up again, with some needed additions to the garage gym.

Even managed to hit a Christmas arm workout.

I've since adjusted my lifting back to heavy and dialed up the Peloton workouts.

That being said, I have still been maintaining the 100/day push ups.

Daily push ups are killer.

A buddy of mine sent me a challenge on the 2nd of January to do daily push ups.

For the rest of January I did:

200 push ups/day

200 crunches/day

80 pull ups/day

Hitting 6000 push ups in one month felt crazy and awesome.  All while still doing my regular workouts as well.

Got heavy congestion, and lost a lot of momentum working out.  About 2 weeks worth.  Fallen 450 push ups behind, but starting the catch up process.

On 4/11/2021 at 6:48 PM, nigel said:

Oh damn, that is sweet.

Push up deficit is down to 75, while maintaining the 50 squats a day and at least one weights class or peloton ride a day.

Got it all put together,

Keep getting an error code. Won't let me upload a picture. File is 2.3 mb, max file size is 3.15 mb, error code 200?

Edited by nigel

23 hours ago, nigel said:

Got it all put together,

Keep getting an error code. Won't let me upload a picture. File is 2.3 mb, max file size is 3.15 mb, error code 200?

We have to update the software again and it is very expensive, can you link from another location?

On 3/1/2021 at 10:32 AM, nigel said:

Daily push ups are killer.

A buddy of mine sent me a challenge on the 2nd of January to do daily push ups.

For the rest of January I did:

200 push ups/day

200 crunches/day

80 pull ups/day

Hitting 6000 push ups in one month felt crazy and awesome.  All while still doing my regular workouts as well.

Was looking back at this, I think I want to try the pull ups, but that is nuts amount per day.

I felt quite fatigued by the end of the month doing that.  But good at the same time.  Definitely was an experience.  Glad I did it for sure.

No, I don't have any where else to link from

Edited by nigel