Sign in to follow this  
ollie

most definitely open to sugguestions...

hey guys, the 15" mag will be coming before i know it and i haven't got anything to power it with. i dont mind running it at 1 or 4 ohm, i'm just looking for the best means of driving it for STRICTLY daily driving. money IS a concern but doesn't have to be a very big issue.

i was originally looking at either the hifonics BX1500d or BX1000d, but have now realized that for a hundred bucks more, there is better. also, The JBL 1200.1 crossed my mind but was ruled out.

I am running the stock alt and am going to do the BIG 3 fairly soon.

now im looking into Phoenix Gold. The tantrum T1200.1 looks nice...

but its so hard to decide. i want to get a 2 channel amp for my components soon too, so i do not want to go huge because i know the magnum has a wide range of tolerance as far as power goes. i dont want to upgrade my alternator. my pops is a service tech and would probably never let me run anything else than stock but he was into audio back in his day so he knows what the bug is like.

1000 watts just seems right to me (in a larger sealed enclosure 3+ cubes) any sugguestions, comments, ideas, all are greatly appreciated. what does everyone think about this tantrum amp?

thanks guys B)

The bx100d will be just fine. If you want to pay more money, the PG will be a good amp as well. ...although you could always buy the bx1500 and just keep the gain turned down below what it "should" be set at.

hey thanks nick. howd you get that cool little banner on the bottom? you should be seeing my order soon.

i dont think that the tantrum is 1 ohm stable so that means id be running it at 4 and i dont know if this is a good or bad thing because its supposed to be 1200 watts at 4 ohms but many say its overrated. ive heard bad things about the bass boost on the brutus amps (i probably wouldnt be using it anyway.) so its up in the air...

anyone else?

Denim was nice enough to make that banner for me. :)

If you can get the PG for around the same price as the Brutus, definately go with the PG. Just my $0.02 worth.

ollie do you want that banner? I can code it into your sig, or you could do it, its real easy :slayer:

that would be real cool man....

i agree the PG would be better ill probably go that route...

thanks denim :P

hey thanks nick. howd you get that cool little banner on the bottom? you should be seeing my order soon.

i dont think that the tantrum is 1 ohm stable so that means id be running it at 4 and i dont know if this is a good or bad thing because its supposed to be 1200 watts at 4 ohms but many say its overrated. ive heard bad things about the bass boost on the brutus amps (i probably wouldnt be using it anyway.) so its up in the air...

anyone else?

The Tantrum is not overrated at all.............every birthsheet I've seen has been 1450-1550 watts at 4ohm. Quality amp.

anyone else?

The Tantrum is not overrated at all.............every birthsheet I've seen has been 1450-1550 watts at 4ohm. Quality amp.

ya thats how im starting to feel from what i heard, so this is probably what im thinking im going to do. thanks for your input my man... appreciated.

I don't have a banner... Boo! :(

I don't have a banner... Boo! :(

well make a post in the banner topic in Announcements, or I can code in the SI banner :P

hey guys, the 15" mag will be coming before i know it and i haven't got anything to power it with. i dont mind running it at 1 or 4 ohm, i'm just looking for the best means of driving it for STRICTLY daily driving. money IS a concern but doesn't have to be a very big issue.

i was originally looking at either the hifonics BX1500d or BX1000d, but have now realized that for a hundred bucks more, there is better. also, The JBL 1200.1 crossed my mind but was ruled out.

I am running the stock alt and am going to do the BIG 3 fairly soon.

now im looking into Phoenix Gold. The tantrum T1200.1 looks nice...

but its so hard to decide. i want to get a 2 channel amp for my components soon too, so i do not want to go huge because i know the magnum has a wide range of tolerance as far as power goes. i dont want to upgrade my alternator. my pops is a service tech and would probably never let me run anything else than stock but he was into audio back in his day so he knows what the bug is like.

1000 watts just seems right to me (in a larger sealed enclosure 3+ cubes) any sugguestions, comments, ideas, all are greatly appreciated. what does everyone think about this tantrum amp?

thanks guys B)

memphis 1000d...one ohm stable, not a current hog and puts out more then the rated 1000watts...looks good too!! around $400 on the internet

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

as I mentioned in the other thread, I like the PG, but I would also add the Cadence A7HC to the list :slayer: