Sign in to follow this  
Ruhi2

Ap AQX 3500 has a short any way to fix it?

Ok before I get flamed I know I'm retarded for what I did to this amp.. Ok here is the deal I tried using another brand of bass knob so I had a clipping light.Well long story short it worked for about 5 seconds and blew the inline fuse.

I tried reconnecting the AP knob and a new fuse it blew right away as soon as it powered up. Then same thing With no knob connected I checked inside the amp everything looks and smells ok did a few more test with a small fuses and used speaker wire as a jumper i can't get the power light to even come on for a secondbut the amp is turned on by the remote.. the top lights up just not the power or protect led's The amp is **** near new just wondering if anyone could give any insight on what I screwed up.. Is it a easy fix? Anyone with experience with audiopipe customer service think they would swap it out?? Any info besides the obvious fact that I'm a dumb ass is appreciated..

Power supply crapped out.

Don't try to connect it again.

Did it blow right out of the box ?

If a fuse keeps popping, its not a good idea to keep trying to put a new one without taking care of the problem first. If you do not see anything, send it in for repair.