scottrod

Which of these is the best subwoofer?

when i mean best i mean loudest/hardest hitting, i dont care about the price

Boss P126DVC Phantom 12" Car Subwoofer/Sub

Kicker 08S12L54 - 12" Subwoofers - Sonic Electronix

Alpine SWR-1223D 12" Type-R Car Subwoofer/Sub (SWR1223D)

MTX TR5512-04 (tr551204) - 12" Subwoofers - Sonic Electronix

and what is a good amp for whatever one you think is the best? thanks.

when i mean best i mean loudest/hardest hitting, i dont care about the price

Boss P126DVC Phantom 12" Car Subwoofer/Sub

Kicker 08S12L54 - 12" Subwoofers - Sonic Electronix

Alpine SWR-1223D 12" Type-R Car Subwoofer/Sub (SWR1223D)

MTX TR5512-04 (tr551204) - 12" Subwoofers - Sonic Electronix

and what is a good amp for whatever one you think is the best? thanks.

how the hell should we know? :puzzled: do this, buy all four of them and report back to us

You don't care about prices and your sub choices are those? lol. For real, give us a real budget.

well the kicker l5 i can get on another site for about $150,im looking to spend around $350 on a sub, amp, wirring kit, etc

350$ for a sub,amp and wiring? :trippy:

I would get a Type R and a Rockford fosgate prime 500 amp.(the subwoofer is good and the amp is good.)

But 350$ for sub,amp and wiring is quite low.

ANd then get a 4 guage wiring kit that looks decent.

bump your budget up to 500 at least imo... shit adds up quick i put a buget at $1000 and ended up blowing around $2000 lol

do you have a headunit? what type of car is this going in?

if you wanna keep it cheap u might wanna hang around in the for sale sec. for a while

screw those brands get a single sa-12 YOU BE balling!!

go to knukonceptz for your wiring they some of the best prices around for 4 and 0 gauge amp kits

buying stuff from a store like jl rockford kicker alpine u get charged for theyre advertising which is big money. there is a shit ton of mark up but they dont like to give discounts because thats were the salesman get paid. if u bought like a sundown sa 12 or ascendant arsenal or chaos or a fi ssd, ur goin to them. theres no saleman and no advertising so u get a better product for less money or maybe the same. example a jl 12w3 sells for anywhere from 200-280. fi sells a ssd 12 for 170 and will play much louder and sound just as good if not better. imo check into one of those subs and u'l bee much happier. i changed from 4 12w3v3s and a jl 1000/1 with a jl 450/4 to sundown and ascendant products and now the largest jl dealer in the country is looking into picking up both products. SUNDOWN...FTW and i dont have a 3 letter catch phrase for aa

"i mean loudest/hardest hitting" Have you listened to any of the subs you have listed? If not, you may want to and then compare to some of the ones that have been suggested. Shopping, planning, and askin' questions can be a large % of the build.

I had to input just because he said "I don't care about price" and his budget is $350 :suicide-santa:

I am going to go with what a few others have said, and tell you to save up a little more money. I am currently doing my first car audio build, and I was asked what my budget was after I spend over $1K on a single amp :ehh:. Between proper wiring, a good box, a decent amp, and a decent sub, you could blow through $350 on the wire, box, and amp easily.

Edited by Ford12508

You may want to re-think your budget and choice of subwoofers.

Take a look in the SSA store for some nice combo packages. You will be happier.

X2 on the Knu wiring kits!

Take a look at this .... http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/SSA-Dcon-12D4-%282%29-%252b-Sundown-Audio-SAX%252d125.2-Combo.html

Hopefully we didn't scare him away. Of those choices id go with the typer. But for the money id look at db-r.com. they do amp refurb work and have a few decent amps there for sale. They are refurbed, but he kn ows what he's doing and there is a year warranty. They have a sax100.2 for 160 that'll push 400 real watts to 4 ohms. They also show a saz1000 for 260 that'll do 600/1000 to a 4/2 ohm load. Pair either with one of of the sa-12 s and you would have a good sub/amp combo for 350 or 450. You'd just need to build a box and get your wiring straight and you'd have a good/dependable setup.

Hopefully we didn't scare him away. Of those choices id go with the typer. But for the money id look at db-r.com. they do amp refurb work and have a few decent amps there for sale. They are refurbed, but he kn ows what he's doing and there is a year warranty. They have a sax100.2 for 160 that'll push 400 real watts to 4 ohms. They also show a saz1000 for 260 that'll do 600/1000 to a 4/2 ohm load. Pair either with one of of the sa-12 s and you would have a good sub/amp combo for 350 or 450. You'd just need to build a box and get your wiring straight and you'd have a good/dependable setup.

I don't know about him, but I'm glad you posted cause if he don't take it soon, I might go get that 100.2.