Sign in to follow this  
gameover97

Are kicker subs made in America?

We did a install using kicker amps and subs and I got to reading the fine print on the box lol and I found that there amps were made in korea and I was wondering if there subs were made there too ;)

If so , I'll never buy another kicker product again :P

well I have driven by the Stillwater designs building and I am not sure what they are making there

We did a install using kicker amps and subs and I got to reading the fine print on the box lol and I found that there amps were made in korea and I was wondering if there subs were made there too ;)

If so , I'll never buy another kicker product again :P

Let me give you a different perspective.

Almost ALL amps are built using printed circuit boards (PCB's) and components that are made in Korea, and usually completely assembled there... it's amazing what percentage of amplifiers on the market are built in Korea.

It's also shocking how many of these PCB's are fully assembled and soldered up, and are shipped to America, where they are simply glued into a heatsink and endcaps installed, so that this final assembly can legally qualify the company to put a big "Built in the USA!" statement on the packaging.

Honestly, if Kicker has printed on the packaging "Made in Korea", kudos to them for being one of the VERY few who are honest about this! B)

And no, subwoofers aren't tied to amplifiers... buildhouses that specialize in one don't specialize in the other.

Buildhouses in Korea are well known for making amplifiers.

Buildhouses in asia as a whole aren't generally well respected for speaker construction.

Kicker is located in Oklahoma, and I believe they do build all their subwoofers in-house.

You can contact Kicker's Tracy Foyht (sp?), by visiting www.caraudioforum.com, and sending "Polecat" a private message if you like. ;)

polecat is always in the Kicker section on SD, but yeah thats the building I drove by in OK

Doesn't Credence build the lower lines of drivers?

Do you know the ONLY truck that is 100% made in the USA? It's not from the Big 3.

the only one??? I am not sure, and who are you considering the big 3?

RF

Kicker

and??? (pioneer/kenwood/sony)???

Re-read that Denim. I asked if anyone knew the only TRUCK produced 100% in the USA. And it's not from the Big 3(GM, Ford, Chrysler). :D

lol I thougt you were reffering to an install, but with BMW's South Carlonia Plant I would venture to say the X5 is the only truck, but I could be wrong, there might be small parts produced in Germany and shipped over :o

Toyota Tacoma. I found that out in an issue of Motor Trend. I just don't see how that can be though. There has to be at least 1 thing not 100% made in the USA. They didn't name any specifics on how they determined it, but it was quoted in there that the Tacoma is the only truck that is 100% made in the USA. I find it odd how the American manufacturers are moving production to other countries while the Japanese market is bringing the manufacturing to the States.

i've heard that as well....forget what the person who told me said...but it sounded very convincing...

something like toyato couldn't compete w/ the american companies so they had to move entire sections of their company over to america in order to lower build costs or something like that...i don't know exactly...all i know is i'd go w/ our 04 2500HD ram over that anyday...and it's not totally made in america

Chris said it very well.

Credence Speakers in KY 'used' to make our subs, but with slow building processes wer every slow, and return rates were too high.

So we knew we had to do something drastic, and after many,many years of a partnership with Credence, we had to pull off for the better of the company and consumers.

Now, we can have a product built better and faster than we every imagined. (I know seems hard to tell with our L7 situation, but that will change this week)

But the place that thye are made out now, you would be amazed what othr BIG brands are made there....I won't say the names as i feel this is not fair, but ones mentioned in the top 5 for sure.

many companies are seeing the cost of building amplifier and subwoofers on the US soil, and are switching. More of the big 5 will do so this year.

But, all R&D, development,testing,Marketing, Sales, rebuilding of components, warranty work of electronics, etc is all done here in Stillwater, Ok.

It doesn't really mean much to me where something is made....it's 'how' it's designed and developed is what does mean alot to me. :D

welcome Tracy and thanks for the offical explaination :D

think the subs are made in china.kinda shitty, i have cvx's and they hammer.

think the subs are made in china.kinda shitty, i have cvx's and they hammer.

Do you see the date on this topic?