Dictator1992

Brightest color in kelvin

I just ordered some "KENSUN HID Xenon Conversion Kit 9004/07 Lo/Hi Halogen 30000k Deep Blue" and been looking around on internet and started seing the higher

you go in kelvin the diferent color you will get out of the light(Past 10k comes more of a purple/pink color) My question is would those kensun lights be retarded BLUE! Or would they not be as bright??

I just ordered some "KENSUN HID Xenon Conversion Kit 9004/07 Lo/Hi Halogen 30000k Deep Blue" and been looking around on internet and started seing the higher

you go in kelvin the diferent color you will get out of the light(Past 10k comes more of a purple/pink color) My question is would those kensun lights be retarded BLUE! Or would they not be as bright??

The higher the kelvin, the less light output you get. I'm not sure how many lumens that unit puts out but past 8-10,000 kelvin the light output seriously drops off.

Taken right from the Kensun website:

"Please note: most customers have a common misconception that the higher the K (Kelvin temperature) the brighter it gets, but in fact, it is the opposite. The K rating is inversely proportional to the light output, therefore the lower the K the brighter the light output."

High noon on a clear day is around 6000K for a brightness comparison.

Hope that helps. And yes, they will be pretty blue.

Edited by Teampapi79

Helped some kind of scares me :(( should of went with the 10k blue

Basic Kelvin scale with everyday things to compare brightness to. I'm sure the 30,000k's will be bright enough though.

colortemp.jpg

Edited by Teampapi79

4800K is the brightest HID's can go I believe, at 30K you might as well have cheap flashlights as headlights.

thanks for the Complainent duran :))

4300K is the best output for light you can get

Dont go above 6000K or you are getting into ricer colors

if it is true 30K is going to give off an almost blacklight color, which will be nothing as far as light output goes. In between 4300-6K will be the best bet as far as color choices go. 4300K will be a more yellowish tint, while 6K will have a more white and slight blue tint. 8K is a more noticeable light blue, and 10K is getting more towards a true blue or dark blue, while they both are still very bright they do not produce as much light distance. They will be very bright when right in front of them, but they will not throw the light as far as say the 6K would. Many people do not understand this, and all they see is how bright they are when standing like 6 feet away, but get a good distance away and you were certainly see the difference. Well man the good thing is most ballast are compatible with different bulbs, so if you do not like them you can always order some new bulbs that are more to your liking. Mind me asking what you paid for them? Well man let us know what you think, and if you do need new bulbs you can ask me for a quote as i sell kits also! And i sponsor the site and all!! :D Just throwing that out there!!! :peepwall::drink40::gayhaaay1:

If you dont like them you can change the bulbs.

5-6k is about perfect. 5k bright white with a slight hint of blue on the 6k.

30K IDK, I bought some 12k and they were purple, lasted exactly one night before I ordered the 5k replacement bulbs. A ricer 4x4 Yukon was a BIG fail. lol

if it is true 30K is going to give off an almost blacklight color, which will be nothing as far as light output goes. In between 4300-6K will be the best bet as far as color choices go. 4300K will be a more yellowish tint, while 6K will have a more white and slight blue tint. 8K is a more noticeable light blue, and 10K is getting more towards a true blue or dark blue, while they both are still very bright they do not produce as much light distance. They will be very bright when right in front of them, but they will not throw the light as far as say the 6K would. Many people do not understand this, and all they see is how bright they are when standing like 6 feet away, but get a good distance away and you were certainly see the difference. Well man the good thing is most ballast are compatible with different bulbs, so if you do not like them you can always order some new bulbs that are more to your liking. Mind me asking what you paid for them? Well man let us know what you think, and if you do need new bulbs you can ask me for a quote as i sell kits also! And i sponsor the site and all!! :D Just throwing that out there!!! :peepwall::drink40::gayhaaay1:

89.99+5$ for shipping 95$

I bought my 8k from retro solutions about 2yrs ago. They still looks as bright as they did the first time i put them in