tccoble

My SSA DCON video

Thanks for the vids, looks like your DCON is hittin'! Kudos to your SSA Support!

Glad you like the Dcon, but 2 questions as I am not sure if we talked about it before or not:

1: What is your enclosure tuned to?

2: What is your SSF set at?

There were a number of instances where your Dcon was playing very low frequencies, in a few cases the microphone could not pick them up or my office headphones could not reproduce them. When you play well below the tuning of your enclosure, you risk damaging the sub woofer, as the air spring effect is gone and the shape of the enclosure is no longer controlling the movement of the cone. So please be careful when pushing the driver below tuning, or even playing below tuning that much.

Glad you like the Dcon, but 2 questions as I am not sure if we talked about it before or not:

1: What is your enclosure tuned to?

2: What is your SSF set at?

There were a number of instances where your Dcon was playing very low frequencies, in a few cases the microphone could not pick them up or my office headphones could not reproduce them. When you play well below the tuning of your enclosure, you risk damaging the sub woofer, as the air spring effect is gone and the shape of the enclosure is no longer controlling the movement of the cone. So please be careful when pushing the driver below tuning, or even playing below tuning that much.

The box is supposedly tuned to 31hz and the SSF, well thats a mystery, I can find no literature on the SSF setting of my amp it's a Diamond D400.1. Also the box is still full of airholes, I am having a new box built this week and its gonna be sprayed with bed liner, do you think it will make a difference in the SQ or output??

OK, just called Diamond Audio and they said it's set at 25hz.

Leaks will screw up performance for sure.

If your box is tuned to 31hz and your amp has a fixed ssf at 25hz, then you still have some room for damaging your driver.

If your box is tuned to 31hz and your amp has a fixed ssf at 25hz, then you still have some room for damaging your driver.

eah, if i do I'll just go back to 2 10in DCON's in a sealed box. In the mean time I'm waiting for a better box to put the 12 in and see if that helps.

What if I tuned the box to 25hz??

Hey man random question but what song do you play at 0:50?? It sounds awesome nice setup by the way! Sounds awesome

:fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

Man caint wate to get my two Dcon 12D4's